PDA

View Full Version : What I've been up to: Thread Hog Warning

Kimberly Affleck
01-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Getting ready for Tucson. I would have put these in the show and tell thread, but I didn't want to hijack all of that beautiful work with a whole bunch of photos. I don't have nearly enough beads yet, but it will be a learning experience if nothing else!! :rolleyes: Some of these have been electroformed. The rest are just metals reactions and shaping. Sorry about the photo qulaity. I wa in a real hurry and really just wanted a quick record.

Kimberly Affleck
01-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Some more:

emmadogdesigns
01-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow, what a busy beader you've been! I love the long beads with the rounded beads "within"! I expect you will be a huge success in Tucson! Good luck :)

rhapsodyfirebeads
01-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Oh how Beautiful Kimberly!! Thanks for sharing your art with us!
I am so excited that you are gonna be playing in the Chinese auction with us! :clap: :clap:
~Suzy~

AMR GlassWorks
01-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Oooooo Kimberly!! You know I love your stuff!!! Can't wait to see ya again in March!! :D

Kimberly Affleck
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Thank you guys! Now, I just need to get out there and make about 10 times that amount plus about a bajillion floral and small lentils and I will be happy. I have what, 28 days........................Ack!!! Hyperscreamies!!!!!

KarenB
01-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Kinberly! Gorgeous!!!!! So organic! Especially loved the dark one with little spiraling "lenses" and the set of 7 at the top with differently formed silhouettes. You go girl!

Karen Bye

J. Cross
01-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Kimberly:
You take my breathe away. As usual, you beads are such wonderful organic color combinations. I am in awe of the multiple shape beads. Much success in Tucson.
Joan

Pipyr
01-02-2005, 02:10 PM
WoooooooHooooo! The newbies love them! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you for sharing.

Your Newbies,

Mel & julie

JayneM
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Kim-Those are so beautiful. I really like the ones that have the shapes within the beads.

bolimasa
01-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Lovely beads as always!!!
Dumb question...
I don't really know anything about "Tuscon". Do I understand correctly that it is a collection of bead shows that all are held in different places in Tuscon at the same time. Are all the shows a mix of "commercial" sellers, wholesalers and artists? Or are they segregated in some way? Everyone calls it "Tuscon" but is there one organization that oversees all the shows, or is "Tuscon" just an evolved phenomena that the various vendors participate in? Oh yeah, when exactly is it?
Kimberly, what show are you going to be at? How long does it last? And my real question.... how many beads do you bring to a show like that?

Kimberly Affleck
01-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Thank you guys! You are making me feel so good!!! I like the oddly shaped ones, too, but haven't been really sure about how they would be received. Darla called them "Lady Beads" and it really fits. They have a very feminine quality to them that my other organics don't have. They are kind of light and slender. I really like them and think they would make really lovely pendants! Thank you all again!
Hi Karen! How ya doin'?!?!?!

Kimberly Affleck
01-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Lovely beads as always!!!
Dumb question...
I don't really know anything about "Tuscon". Do I understand correctly that it is a collection of bead shows that all are held in different places in Tuscon at the same time. Are all the shows a mix of "commercial" sellers, wholesalers and artists? Or are they segregated in some way? Everyone calls it "Tuscon" but is there one organization that oversees all the shows, or is "Tuscon" just an evolved phenomena that the various vendors participate in? Oh yeah, when exactly is it?
Kimberly, what show are you going to be at? How long does it last? And my real question.... how many beads do you bring to a show like that?

It is really a huge collection of shows! I am at Crystal Myths "Second" show. Go to the Crystalmyths website and the info should be there. I would put it here, but don't want to have the thread pulled. I have no idea how many beads to take. I wanted to take at least 1000, but I know I will fall far short of that. So, I will take what I have, and if I sell out ( Which would be really incredible!!) I will shop for the rest of the time I am there. Could be really dangerous!! It is at the beginning of February and lasts about a week(Hmmmm. How many beads can I make in a month?? :eek: :eek: :eek:)

toozygoot
01-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh Kim! You had my mouth hanging open in awe! Organic, sophisticated, exotic, intriguing, deep, dark and luxurious - they are all of these and more! Tho' I'll miss Tucson, I can't wait to see and fondle in Louisville!

pat

Toni Lutman
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Wow! Those are all gorgeous! It's probably a good thing I'm not going to Tucson...there's no way I could pick from even just these, let alone a whole table full.

Good Luck! (though I'm sure you don't need it, you'll do fantastically)

Toni

Darla60
01-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Kimberly! What an eye popping collection of beads! I am still blown away with the Lady Beads. I love their feminine little curves and pretty colors. *YUM*
They named themselves, I tell ya! ha!

Darla

Emily NZ
01-02-2005, 03:33 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Kimberley such beautiful work! I love the lady beads too :clap:
Good luck with Tuscon
Emily

jessicah
01-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Beautiful beads, Kimberly!! I wish I was going to Tuscon so I could see them in person. :(

Lehcar
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Wow Kimberly!
Those are awesome! I always love looking at your beads.

Jinx.Garza
01-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Wonderful stuff! :clap: And all so you!

Jinx

laughing glass beads
01-02-2005, 05:29 PM
DANG! I have to miss Tucson this year! Wouldn't you know it. CC Oh, gorgeous stuff, Kim, as always.

Virginia L.
01-02-2005, 07:09 PM
BEAUTIFUL, mindboggling, great body of work - I am not one bit surprised - have a wonderful time at Tucson.

aimee
01-02-2005, 07:15 PM
DANG! I have to miss Tucson this year! Wouldn't you know it. CC Oh, gorgeous stuff, Kim, as always.

HA HA!!! I get to see them!!! :p :p

cronepaula
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
KIMMMMBERRRRLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!
You stagger me....make me drool and humble me....
I just love your collection...
YOU ROCK!!!! Do you need a roomate to share expenses in Tuscon???
PD

SuzyQ
01-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Those are beautiful. I too like the "ladyfingers". You are going to do well no matter how many beads you bring.

crsann
01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Wow Kim those are just scrump-lickable-ish I want um allll
have fun at the shows
chrisann

GinaJ
01-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Absolutely Wonderful! I love your work!

Lara
01-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Kim

Wow, those are just lovely. You know how much I love your beads and these are no exception. Just beautiful.

Lara

:wave:

mtbarr
01-03-2005, 01:27 AM
I saw some of these beads in person and believe me, they are awesome. I don't know how you do it, Kimberly. You are always coughing up something new and creative..... and I can't wait to take your class coming up this Spring at Pratt.

froggee501
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
I LOVE the electroformed beads... save one for me when I can afford one... only about 6 years or so! lol...

Jelveh
01-03-2005, 01:46 AM
Hi Kim, just gorgeous, where can I buy one, are you still on ebay, where I got my last Kim treasure...?

e. mort
01-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Tucson = The world's largest Gem and Jewelry Show. Lampwork beads really didn't show up much until Lewis Wilson had the first "Best Bead Show" in 1996. Since that time Tucson has expanded its offerings to include a number of very good ethnograhic and tribal art shows. Originally the ethnographic material was just African (mostly Venetian) trade beads, but now you can find everything from Han Dynasty material to old african tribal masks - with a ton of "genuine" tourist fakes for the unwary. It is something you need to do at least once in your lifetime. Diamonds, beads, fossils, tools, you name it can all be found there.

Eric (Who has only missed one Tucson show since 1992...darn it!)

isle-of-cats
01-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Kimberly!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gorgeous!!! I love the shaped ones, WOW!!!! Very Cool!!!

NYCindy
01-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Kimberly!

I don't usually add to the throngs of praise because I can't be very articulate - mostly I just grunt in awe of how gorgeous the beads are! :-) I'll try to make it past the grunting today though! :-)

The incorporation of different shapes into the tube beads make them very interesting visually - and of course, the colors! They just dance across the tube from left to right and keep on partying!

BRAVO! You'll sell out in Tucson so enjoy shopping! :-)

Cindy