PDA

View Full Version : some recent works

N2ArtDude
01-02-2005, 04:13 AM
I have primarily worked in pastels in the past. But I have been very frustrated over the past year and a half with that media. I had a detached retina two years ago and after numerous unsuccessful surgeries have lost vision in my left eye, which has greatly affected my depth perception. This has made it difficult to judge where my pastels are in relation to my "canvas". I found myself laying down strokes (making marks) I had not intended - the source of my frustration.
So all that verbose explanation is to lead up to showing some of the digital paintings I have been doing this past year. I have been doing a series of abstracts based on color interactions and exploration of those interactions. I am working with Wacom tablet and Corel Painter 8 and now 9. Thanks for looking - appreciate your thoughts - Garry My work before eye problems can be seen at http://Hibiscus-Studios.com

wiscojaydub
01-02-2005, 04:32 AM
N2artdude. if there's a will there's a way! The art work in your site is absolutely gorgeous.. digi art is viable form for you to regain that excellence..with time and effort i don't see why not! I humbly invite you to post on the quikie abstract thread. Your digi stuff is very good abstracts and i woud hope you would come and have some fun with us. :) jaydub :D

tURBOCAT
01-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm with Jayub - your art was lovely, but I admire your perseverance. And I really like your digital abstracts. (Put this post in the Digital forum also.) Your blending and choice of colors is great. :clap:

P R Moore
01-02-2005, 10:42 AM
your sight may have been diminished but your talant has not! these are wonderful - :clap: :clap: your samples here have an almost lyrical quality-you can almost melt into them GREAT JOB!! :clap: :clap: TRISH :angel:

MountainSong
01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Wow - I actually can't believe this is a digital medium! Great Job. Each piece has a singular presence and they feel rendered in pastel or watercolor.
Went to your home page - wonderful work, but i honestly like your abstract work best - its more immersive, emotes more emotion and has more energy. :D

N2ArtDude
01-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Many Thanks to all who have viewed my post. I want to thank you for you kind comments and your encouragement. I am very grateful to have digital imaging capability and software that allows me to simulate the media I once worked in. This exploration has been exciting and has been more an expression of emotons and feelings than my usual Impressionistic interpretations. I found it interesting that this was reflected in some of your comments. A very astute group you are. Anyway, thought i would share a few more of my digis - Garry http://Hibiscus-Studios.com

wiscojaydub
01-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Garry the more you use the digi..the more you see how things fit in! have you tried art rage? It is a freebie and it is a blast to use! I have used three different programs in creating one piece.I.E. transferring the original file then transferring to another program and working with that one and so forth. :) jaydub :wave:

kasunart
01-04-2005, 05:17 PM
These are outstanding, they remind me of Georgia O'keefe's work in the early sixties...the abstract ones. I'm sorry to hear about your eye issues, my mom had a detached retinae problem and they did some surgery to make it better...Great job on the computer work tho. I like to dabble on it too

ArtistJensen
01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Outstanding, beautiful pieces of digital art. Great handling of the digi medium.