PDA

View Full Version : Finally...No more mandrel handles!

Pipyr
01-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Hey, it's Julie...Mel is at the torch.

Yesterday I posted my "mandrel handles" (kept cracking the bead release) ,and today I am showing off my vessels :clap: AND I finally used enamels today! Can you tell I'm a newbie?!?!? Can anyone tell Mel and I where to locate the vessel cork fairy? We can't seem to find them. Any input would be great.

Here are some pictures of my vessels. They're not much. I'm just glad they came off of the mandrels. :D

Your newbie,
Julie

Paul Katherman
01-02-2005, 01:13 AM
I think they look great. Nice choice of colors. I am not sure where to find corks but you might try ebay or a craft supply web site.

snootyvixen
01-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Woohoo! Great job!

You need to see our very own Jodi at www.beadworx.com for itty bitty corks.

Vikki

Toni Lutman
01-02-2005, 01:54 AM
I use 1/4" mandrels for vessels, so I've gotten my corks here before.

www.thecorkstore.com

It's kind of hard to find the right page, so here is the link to the little corks.

http://www.corkstore.com/cgi-bin/webcart/webcart.cgi?CONFIG=mountain&RET=5&RCATS=Make+Selection&FIRST_TIME=Yes&START=1&OCATS=Regular+Length&DOSEARCH=YES&CODE=101

Keep it up, you're doing great!!!

Toni

Tink
01-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Weeeeee! Look at you go!!!!! How I love seeing such a passion for vessels! The cork store is where I get my corks, too.

Keep working and keep posting, promise?

Pipyr
01-02-2005, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for the wonderful encouragement and for pointing me in the right direction to the cork fairy. :D

Newbie Julie

JayneM
01-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Good job on the vessels. I really the the blue sparkly one. Vessels are so fun to make, and the shapes that are not perfect add beauty and characture to them in my book. I do dream of one day making a perfect one like Tink!sigh.......

Robin Poff
01-02-2005, 01:34 PM
You are doing great!! Nice color and a gentle form!
As for corks I actually looked everywhere local years ago- all the usual suspects, craft stores hardware and believe it or not found them at LOWES! cheap and could pick and choose for a variety of sizes and only had to buy one if that was what I wanted!
Hugs Robin