PDA

View Full Version : 15 min. of fame?

CrowsNest
08-19-2000, 06:35 PM
What does that mean? I noticed that I have it on the wet canvas front page?
Bryan

msue
08-19-2000, 11:15 PM
Remember the quote from Warhol re: everybody having 15 minutes of fame? Well, that's yours. The message will change to someone else's name soon.

carly
08-19-2000, 11:16 PM
It means that you were featured on the front page of wetcanvas for 15 minutes of fame! The featured person changes all the time..but I don't think it's actually based on 15 minutes. Just a way WetCanvas can say Glad you are here!

In fact, welcome! and join in all the forums with questions, ideas, and also in the chat in the evenings around 10 EST...until....whenever!
carly

CrowsNest
08-20-2000, 05:30 PM
...and just think, I almost missed my moment of fame. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif It was ironic for me to see that after a few months away. Much has changed indeed.

Bryan

4vincent
08-21-2000, 08:46 AM
Warhol was also reported to have said that "Art is a man's name" (probably after he already made his money from it!) Go figure!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Mich451
09-06-2000, 09:47 AM
How about when our 15 minutes of fame comes around, our stars flash during that time...

LarrySeiler
09-09-2000, 01:39 PM
Actually.....I think that saying goes back further to Carl Sandberg. Saying that one day everyone will have 15 minutes of fame.

As positioning for the mind competes in an every growing technical age, bombarded with media...every attempt to gain attention (advertisements, glitz...etc http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/wink.gif will be nearly exhausted. The mind filters out bit by bit in prioritizing what should be of value, working its way thru all that should be ignored routinely.

One might be lucky to gain 15 minutes of fame...as people simply lose interest in caring at all!

I wonder how many now hit "mute" the moment commercials come on. I do my best to ignore any attempts of voices telling me what I should desire or need.

That we also are a society demanding that which supplies immediate self-gratification, the position of attention for which we all clamor will diminish more and more in its ability to cause others to take note.
Larry

AmyH
10-07-2000, 12:04 AM
Art is my dads name.
AmyH

icefan13
10-27-2000, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lseiler:
[B]Actually.....I think that saying goes back further to Carl Sandberg. Saying that one day everyone will have 15 minutes of fame.

I have never heard that quote associated with Carl Sandberg, only Warhol (who, BTW, I used you see quite often when I first moved to NYC and in fact once mistook the live Andy for a cardboard cutout of himself).

Anyway, has anyone else ever heard that about Sandberg. It makes sense that he stole so many other things, he probably also stole the saying for which he is most well known.

P.S. I KNOW, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you are an "artist" you don't "steal", you "appropriate". LOL.