PDA

View Full Version : another flower

nancy_ellen56
01-01-2005, 10:12 PM
this is my latest effort...thought I would share..As always crits are welcome...done in painter 9 ..all work is original drawing and painting using reference photo as a visual guide.. oh yes, am not adding background color due to fact that am printing out on parchment papers and the paper provides the background color and texture...

TxAggieDarlin
01-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Beautiful job on one of my favorite flowers

jay_khemani
01-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Lovely artwork Nancy. Perhaps you could add a white creases on the flower petals or darker shadows under the petals to clearly separate one petal from the other. (Atleast on what I see on my display) The colors are great, but it looks a bit blurry because the sharp details aren't sharp enough (or missing). The petals seem to be too continuous because the shadows or white creases are too dull or too less. Just an opinion though :)

Keep it up.

nancy_ellen56
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
texasaggie: thanks for the compliment...

jay: yes I see what you mean...will work on that detail...thanks for the compliment...glad you liked it...

GoldCoin
01-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Oh, Nancy...

Your flowers look wonderful. Great painting.
Actually I didn't notice any blurrying on my moniter, but try slipping your flower back into Painter. Go to Effects> focus >Sharp. I tried 4, left the other at default..see what you think.

nancy_ellen56
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
okay, have tried outlining with the darkener under erasers in painter 9..and also tried sharpening the focus...am afraid of doing too much in the sharpening aspect as the flower loses it delicate look...but now with the minimal sharpening and a little darkening around the edges the individual petals are a little more distinquisable...
And may I say thank you to all for your wonderful pointers and insight...I get more help here at w/c than anywhere...

jay_khemani
01-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Wow, this looks much better than the first one. Keep it up!

nancy_ellen56
01-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks Jay....just got back from book shopping and got 5 new books devoted to painting flowers...so lots of work ahead and fun I should say...Glad you liked the flower...

einna
01-08-2005, 09:04 PM
It is beautiful, Nancy. Delicate and fresh looking. The second one is much better than the first one.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Annie

nancy_ellen56
01-09-2005, 12:18 AM
thanks Annie, glad you like it..