PDA

View Full Version : Two New Ones

Maysun
01-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Acrylic on Canvas board, small size

Maysun :)

pungerer
01-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I really like the happiness of the yellow/red painting. It's warmth is what one needs in the winter.

pungerer

chandlerjr
01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Maysun,
Red is easy. Subtle use of greens and yellow much more difficult. Therefore, I like the red one, but I love the green one.

Very interesting and control of the green palette. Very nice!
Larry C.

Smileawhyl
01-01-2005, 07:03 PM
The first has an almost tissue layered feel to it. Is that texture thrown in or brush strokes?

I love the sun in the yellow sky. Is that a foil? En Garde!

MountainSong
01-01-2005, 07:30 PM
My - This is a pleasing and refreshing style!
'Really appreciate how you handled the composition and color layout in the green one - well done!!

themanda
01-02-2005, 12:11 AM
these are exciting pieces. i'm very, very impressed with this style. excellent work.

ronin
01-02-2005, 11:25 PM
i really like the way you approached the first figure. enough to get a feel for who they might be...but some mystery as well. nice color choices also. the second is a bit too loud for my tastes.

Maysun
01-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi all,
I was away in a small village near Pondicherry and missed this.

pungerer - thank you for looking! :)

chandlerjr - thanks, I'm glad you liked

Smileawhyl - hey, smile, no just brushwork

MountainSong - :wave:

themanda - thanks!

ronin - thanks, it was fun doing the green. Never mind about the other, it's loud enough for me :D

Glenn Durrance
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
The greens and yellows make me think, Mother Earth. The red one makes me think experience is the real teacher.
I like them very much.

pakc
01-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Again if I am not too late....
love the subtle style of bringing the figure in on the green one....conveys a sense of aloofness.
The red is bolder and more open just like the color red itself.....
nice abstract/contemporay art.

how small are they?

Anne Londez
01-27-2005, 03:34 PM
At the risk of copying others... I like the subtlety of the first figure, although at first the color scheme surprised me. I loved the second one at first sight !

debbi_carr
01-27-2005, 09:39 PM
nice to see you again Maysun! can't find the words to describe the paintings right now but i do like them a lot.

Tamana
01-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Maysun!!!! :clap: I almost asked myself how I missed these....but then I remembered that they were posted during the time I was a....how you say...."purported" bad girl. :angel: :evil: :cool:

Love the designing of these, May; palette is as different as the moods of night and day - and maybe that's what it's all about: the many changes of us.

Hope to see more in this vein!! And of you!!! :wave:

Maysun
01-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Glenn Durrance - hi, thank you so much for looking

pakc - thank you - quite small, 6 by 9 inches or thereabouts.

Anne Londez - :) - thanks!

debbi_carr - great to see you too, Debbi! :wave:

Tamana - :) - what do you mean 'purported'? :p

Thank you all,