PDA

View Full Version : January Finished Jewelry

loco
01-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Heres my second attempt at a necklace. It's a thank you gift for a friend. Sorry the pictures kinda strange, I was playing with Photoshop.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/29501-aa.jpg

theonlyduda
01-01-2005, 03:09 PM
What a pretty necklace! It is a great red!! Here is a bracelet I made with some lozenges. I really like the small lozenge shape in a charm bracelet!! :) Hope everyone is having a great New Year's Day!!

sadiesjewels
01-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Beautiful work - now I have a chance to remember the names with only two ahead of me!

So I love the spikey red hot look Loco - it's a great combination!

Dawn - those black and while lozenges work really well in that bracelet. It's one of the presses I'm dying to get! You've done a great job with that.

I've been working on this for a while and had to remake it twice since the bail I was originally using wasn't strong enough to hold the focal. Anyway it's finished now and I can move on with other things! I'm calling this necklace "Wood Nymph" ... it's a theme I've had running through my head for a few weeks since I bought a black ceramic necklace bust and a few ceramic leaves to display things on.

Sadie

DeberLee
01-01-2005, 08:52 PM
This is my very first posting of my beads. These are in a finished piece done by my DH. He makes all the jewelry, while I give him the glass to do it with.

Hope this works.

tehhol55
01-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks to all for posting your creations....and,

who makes the lozenge press----where can I get one of those and how much do they cost?

Ellen

ldiamont
01-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I believe Corina makes the lozenge press.

www.corinabeads.com

mperaza
01-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Here's one of my favorite necklaces I made. I'm keeping this one for myself!

Happy New Year everyone!
Marilyn

Teri.p
01-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Marilyn - Your necklace is stunning!

and............. congratulations on being JustBeads Artist of the Month!

Teri

sadiesjewels
01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Mariyln,

That is beautiful ... I received your amazing bead in an exchange and I treasure it highly ... thank you.

Sadie

Cole
01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I need to get Ro off my back, so here is my contribution - a sterling silver wire charm bracelet. Its my first piece for January, finished today!

And now I have to edit this post to compliment everyone who posted prior to me on their wonderful work! Beatiful pieces, everyone!

Allison Turner
01-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Wow, Amaizing stuff everyone!
I don't make much in finished items anymore but I did manage to whip up this wild pair of earrings last week and had to share!
:)

froggee501
01-03-2005, 01:10 AM
50 lampworked spacers, strung on waxed linen, and two eyelash yarns tied between every bead. Wanted something with glass that I could make in limited time, and would wear. Love wearing browns. :)

Emma

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/22113-necklace2.JPG

DebbieSue
01-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Wow! Really lovely jewelry in this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I liked these beads so I threw together a watch with them...

Debbie

Lapislazuli
01-03-2005, 11:02 AM
:( :(
Excuses, already had begun the post of finished jewelry shop January 2005, I did not saw and I began another one. I will follow with this. A great and beautiful jobs of all this 2005. Here he is mine.
Lapislazuli :wave:

Lapislazuli
01-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi Allison
¡Beautiful errings and original!
Ana María

Wow, Amaizing stuff everyone!
I don't make much in finished items anymore but I did manage to whip up this wild pair of earrings last week and had to share!
:)

littlecrow1
01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
:clap: :clap: Beautiful! :clap: :clap:

Andie's Glass
01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
I made this for my Mom's 77th birthday. She wears it like a proud peacock ... very cute lady!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/12374-P1010035.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2005/12374-P1010039.JPG

Lizzy L
01-03-2005, 11:58 PM
OK. I am a lurker. But maybe not anymore since my daughter showed me how to get my images sized properly. Hope this works! Maybe I will post again!

Lizzy L
01-04-2005, 12:32 AM
OK! One more time!

OK :confused: It did not work tghe second time. Should I just edit the first one with a new attachment?

KD-W
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Allison, those are really tasty earrings... lovely and elegant and a great way to frame your beads!

Lapislazuli
01-04-2005, 08:33 AM
:clap:
Hi, good morning to all, Lizzy, beautiful necklace for its mother, Andie, very contemporary its necklace.
My contribution for today is a Brangle armed with copper wire, black glass, copper green and turquese. That they have good day.
Ana Maria :wave:

NYCindy
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Lovely work, Everyone! :clap: :clap:

Here's mine that I posted in another thread but it fits this one too! :-)

Mary Jo Wolf
01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Welcome Lizzy:

I'm really from your part of the north..many years ago. My brother and sister were born in Duluth, but we lived mostly in Hibbing, while I was growing up. I hope you enjoy WC.
Mary Jo

gailjoseph
01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I finally got all the components I wanted, and made my beach/ocean bracelet for my friend. Sorry about the lousy photo...I still can't do macros of lots of beads!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2005/43252-beachbracelet.jpg

Cole
01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
One more charm bracelet from me... This one does have a couple of lampwork beads that I made, otherwise most of the glass is Czech.

midniteburner
01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
WOW!!!! All of the designs are so inspiring!!!!

Lizzy: Welcome to WC!!! I'm sure when everyone sees your beautiful designs, they will be glad that you decided to join in.

It's so terrific to see so many different ideas and styles. When you see a certain "work of art", you also see the person who created it. You can tell alot about that person thru their work.

Allison: those earrings are soooooo you! :wink2:

Sara

lunamoonshadow
01-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Necklace I just finished for Mom's Christmas Gift--Focal Bead is by Nurse Katie--other beads are jade, czech glass, fw pearls, swarovski crystals, & the little flat teal pittiane italian rounds that I adore & have been hoarding since beadexpo 2000 in Santa Fe...but Mom's worth it ;) Oh, & a sterling heart toggle clasp. The jade & pearls & swarovski all chosen to pull out the colors Katie got from the raku!
I gave mom the bead & an "IOU" for the necklace construction for christmas--along with a few other gifts of course!!
--Lyn

isle-of-cats
01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
WOW!!! You all are so creative!!!
So many beautiful pieces :clap: :clap: :clap:

TroyNC
01-05-2005, 05:58 PM
so many yummy things! :clap:
I'm somewhat addicted to squeezed stretchie bracelets right now. They are just sooooooo comfy! :wave:

Lapislazuli
01-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Hi,
My contribution for today. ¡Small! Cabochon turquese with copper green and copper wire.

hayjoshrae
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm not a jewelry maker.... In fact, I'm not that good at the bead thing.....yet. But, I was happy with the way this bracelet came out. I made it for a friend who LOVES blue.... Tell me what 'cha think! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2005/38713-renas_bracelet_003.jpg

TheRealCosmo
01-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Here's some that those of you who visit the other forums may have seen....
(the second one is for a 6 year old, which is why it's small)

littlecrow1
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I love this thread...its so fun to see our beads in this form. Beautiful Work Everyone! :clap:

I made this intending on listing it.... but I think it looks better around my neck!...muuhhahahaa Turquoise and Coral Glass pendant beads with SS caps and bails all strung together on one SS loop with a bali feather , hung from one of my favorie sterling chokers...It feels so comfortable and makes a really cool sound...might have to make more of these

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=206135&stc=1

TroyNC
01-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I love looking at everyones goodies! I don't normally have much to contribute on this thread....not real good at putting together jewelry and I don't normally enjoy it (rather just make the beads). However, lately I've been making quite a bit :rolleyes:
Here's a couple of new "finished" sets.

Chameleon Jewels
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM
This stuff is beautiful! Sometimes my work gets a little freaky so let me know what you think? Here goes..... (its a necklace)

littlecrow1
01-07-2005, 11:07 PM
If that is freaky well then I wanna be a freak...rofl...Its absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I would love to see more close up :)

andreajane
01-08-2005, 07:41 AM
I really love the finished jewelry threads! So inspirational.

Here are two of my pieces. For the first one, I made the tree pendant and the chain,which is based on instructions in an issue from Bead and Button last year. The smaller beads are ocean jasper.

The other neckpiece is made with my own lampwork beads using mainly Lauscha glass, with carnelian, brecciated jasper, turquoise, freshwater pearls, and Hill Tribe silver cones.

Andrea

sgraphics
01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Wonderful pieces everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

isle-of-cats
01-08-2005, 04:01 PM
This stuff is beautiful! Sometimes my work gets a little freaky so let me know what you think? Here goes..... (its a necklace)

I think that is just the freakin' coolest thing I in the world!!!!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2005/29828-drool2.gif

GraceGirl
01-08-2005, 05:18 PM
OK, this is my first ever attempt at showing off my work here, so be gentle with me! Let's see if I can even attatch the pics.........

Beads-Me!
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Beautiful pieces everyone! And welcome to the newbies - it's great to see new faces posting pictures. :) Just a reminder that's the folks over in Wearable Art love to see finished jewelry too. So if you have a minute stop by - it's a great bunch of people!

emmadogdesigns
01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
I just loooooove looking at everyone's creativity!

This is the first bracelet that I ever made lampwork specifically for. I've used my beads before, but this time I had in mind what I wanted before I even got to the torch. I'm so psyched they turned out. It's kind of hard to see among the dangles, but there are three bead squeezes with raised red hearts.

Can't wait to check back in tomorrow!

wildwire
01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi! I am trying to learn how to edit pictures....Here is a blue lampwork bracelet, a green and deep red bracelet, Some pendants and pens....

Sorry to be a thread hog!

I am inspired everyday by this website...

Shauna

Lizzy L
01-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Thank you to everyone for the welcome! I like to make beads and I do the fusing and focals that are included in the pieces. Here are two more finished pieces.

Thank you also to all the artists who come here and post. As I said in my earlier post, I have been lurking for a long time. I just didn't know how to get my images on here. I love to see all the wonderful things posted and I am going to try to post more myself.

glasglas
01-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Here are three necklaces and two bracelets that I made at the end of December, but never got around to posting here.

Thanks to everyone who posts their finished jewelry -- such fun to see!

- debbie

Lapislazuli
01-10-2005, 11:17 AM
:D :D

It cost to me much to enter the WC today. Admirer of all the beautiful jewelry shop presented in this post. Necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Beautiful everything.
My contribution for today is a Brangle in copper wire and turquese glass, copper green, black and coral.
Have a pretty day.

mperaza
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Beautiful jewelry!!! Here's another finished piece. I've gone a little SW lately, so I thought it fitting to make something with some of my "new" beads...

here's my contribution for the day.

Marilyn

The pictures aren't the best - I can't seem to get my camera working properly these days for some strange reason.

Moth
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
:D :D

It cost to me much to enter the WC today. Admirer of all the beautiful jewelry shop presented in this post. Necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Beautiful everything.
My contribution for today is a Brangle in copper wire and turquese glass, copper green, black and coral.
Have a pretty day.

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

~~Mary

Lapislazuli
01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
:D
Thanks Mary, their praises are a prize, coming mainly from you, that you make works very beautiful.
Ana María :wave:

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

~~Mary

Teri.p
01-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Simple bracelet - Miyuki cubes and lampwork on Stretch Magic...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2005/23019-50028.jpg

Teri

ButterflyB
01-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Wow, everyones beads and jewelry are awesome. This is my first posting of finished jewelry. I made this custom peice using Vals frits and glass rods. I hope you like it. :wave:

Cheddarlander
01-15-2005, 12:47 AM
What great inspiration this thread is - I would be proud to wear each and every one! Here's my contribution

mperaza
01-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Gonna be a bit of a hog today. I just finished three more pieces that I'm really happy with. Here they are...

Marilyn

mperaza
01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I have one more to share

Have a great day!
Marilyn

Cole
01-16-2005, 11:33 PM
I just took Stephanie Sersich's class at Sorella Beads in St. Louis, and this is my Spiny Knotted bracelet! Class was just a hoot, and I enjoyed meeting other WC'ers, such as Harriet, Libby, and Paula. Also from WC (that I already knew) were Roseanne (Girlie~O) and Nancy Braker (Brakerbeads, I think!)

kyyardlizard
01-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Nicole .... I love your bracelet....and on meeting you....you are just too cute... :D

Lapislazuli
01-17-2005, 10:34 AM
¡uhauuuuuuuu beautiful necklace!

Ana María

I have one more to share

Have a great day!
Marilyn

Lapislazuli
01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
:D
Hi to all, Beautiful jewelry shop, the colors, the forms, the mixtures of elements, the 2005 is a year of much creativity in WC. My contribution for today, a very summery pendant, and a Brangle in copper wire, to focal bead in coral, silver leaf and copper wire with turquesa.

kiss, kiss and kiss, :wave:
Lapislazuli

dread
01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
I posted these in yesterdays show and tell but I dont always have finished jewelry and this ended up being a big weekend to finally finish necklaces I have been collecting beads for from every torch session (I just cant sit and make 50 beads the same - I go insane)
One is a tab necklace where I have a base clear and just dots squished (boro) one is my ruffles of which I finished 3 this weekend putting together and the last is a bubble necklace - of which I AM KEEPING ! for a change - everything else goes to friends and relatives as belated Christmas gifts. I hate to see my babies leave !

Onalee
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Here is one where I wirewrapped one of my husband's lapidary cabs and then put some lentils with it for a fancier necklace. Don't examine the wire wrap too close as I am a novice and this stone was a little too thick. I was so surprised to see that the lentils matched so well. Onalee

Steph'sBeadCorner
01-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Here's my final project for the tsunami relief effort.

:clap: Mel Cox from Mel's Treasures www.melsbeads.com did all the wire work, what a wonderful job she did. :clap:

The first time I've seen what someone else made from my lampwork, so I was so excited.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2005/34343-tsunamiebracelet02.jpg

Steph

aussiejules
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I love the charm bracelets that people are doing. Very pretty.

Here's my first ever watch. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to actually make the beads and then to make them into a watch.

Jules

Lenda
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Gorgeous finished jewelry everyone! Marilyn, those necklaces are really stunning and look SO time consuming! Here's a couple from me.:D
The first is a lampwork bead of mine with brown MOP, bali silver, crystals and delicas.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2005/10665-necklace9106large.jpg
The second one is another bead by me, faceted pearls, Turkish silver and Miyuki squares and delicas
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2005/10665-necklace9105large.jpg

sterrekind
01-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey there, great stuff everybody!

I'm very proud to present my first pink bracelet.... I have been lampworking for only two weeks, so please be gentle on my pink precious ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2005/55449-bubble.JPG

Onalee
01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
The black and white bracelet is stunning. Makes my hands hurt just to think of doing all that! The watch is really nice too. I bet people really notice it.
Lenda your necklaces are lovely as usual. Sterrakind I loved your bracelet when you put it on the ST yesterday but the line was too busy to respond. If you've been beading two weeks, I might as well quit. Too good!
I got this froggie bead from Alex yesterday and had to make up a necklace right away. I may take it appart and put a leather on it that I like better or maybe something even nicer than that! Onalee

Onalee
01-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Darn, I screwed up. Try again.

beadescape
01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I can't decide if this is finished or not. I keep adding to it. There is a clasp at the back that is peyote stitch wrapped wire. Thanks for looking and everyone is so talented. Serrekind I am amazed at what you have accomplished in 2 weeks.

DebbieSue
01-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Gorgeous finished pieces everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So inspiring just to look.... :)

I made a rosary for my sister-in-law. It's made with the 2x AB Swarovski's. They're so pretty! It's a shame my pic doesn't do them justice....

Debbie

Emily NZ
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM

Onalee I love they way my froggie looks on that pendant!
Be sure to show us if you redo it!
:clap: :clap: :wave:
Emily

sterrekind
01-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much Onalee, I'm doing my best. I am a single mother of four and hope to make a living of my jewelry someday :wave:

bolimasa
01-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Great necklace! I especially like your clasps and crimps! Do the crimps hold well? I never seem to be able to find findings for leather that appeal to me. I may want to try something similar to yours (if that's OK) they are really nice.

The bead is awesome too!

Onalee
01-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Thats fine with me. I take the Wire Wrap magazine and get lots of ideas in there. Onalee

Beads-Me!
01-21-2005, 12:33 AM
One of the bracelets I finished up this afternoon... I think I may have to make another one for me! ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2005/14950-111111111111111112005WZZMGifts.jpg

starlightdesigns
01-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Wow! Awesome stuff, everyone! I'm thoroughly impressed! :)

I haven't made much jewelry in the last couple months, but I did manage to put this together out of a strand of beads that never sold... I like it! It's a fun bracelet to wear! :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2005/37248-morroco.jpg

Cole
01-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I've been up til 2 AM the last two nights, and these are what resulted. My poor family has really suffered b/c of my wire and bead addiction. I was too busy to do laundry last night, so I had to send my son to school in jeans he had already worn this week :eek: (they LOOKED clean! LOL). I was going to make earrings today, but I think I'll take a break from wirework and do some chores. :(

When will I make enough money to hire someone to do my laundry and dishes for me??? :D

essentialjules
01-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey Cole,

Beautiful Bracelet- I wish I could buy it from you-but I'm a starving artist too! My heart went out to you about your chores, there is nothing worse than letting your family down, I have the same problem and I found that bargaining with myself is the only answer. I tell my self......Yeah, you can go torch for 4 hours but first you have to do a load of laundry, put all the dishes in the dishwasher and pick up the living room.......I get those chores done alot faster now and DH is happy!

Julie :D

Barrie
01-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow everyone! Gorgeous jewelry!! So much inspiration!Have any of you guys thought of joining us in the Wearables Forum? We're working on a new exchange project right now, and would love to see you guys join us!!! Check out our Secret Easter bunny Exchange Project! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242951&page=1)

Hope to see you there!

toozygoot
01-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I am loving all the great work here! :clap: :clap: :clap: Kudos to all!

I hope it's OK to post this piece since I am technically breaking a couple rules. Firstly, it's not finished but I couldn't wait to show it. And secondly the glass heart is not mine. Liz (lizardglass) generously gifted me with one of her beautiful hearts. It made me think of footprints on the beach and so that's where I went with it! Liz's work is just gorgeous and I hope I am doing it justice!

pat

isle-of-cats
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
You all are awesome!!!!

Nichole ~ I cannot tell you how much I am loving your bracelets!!!! Could one of those be your CA gift????? I wish!!!

I made this bracelet yesterday... No Lampwork! :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2005/29828-pearlsilverbraceletsmall.jpg

Sorry about the picture, I just scanned it...

Cole
01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Nichole ~ I cannot tell you how much I am loving your bracelets!!!! Could one of those be your CA gift????? I wish!!!

LOL... I wish I could, too! I can't make these fast enough for my customers, and if I post a photo on my Blab page of an unfinished one, it gets "claimed" before its even done. My CA gift will include some Dustin Tabor beads (among other things), though! Not the super-expensive ones, but still groovy nonetheless!! If only someone would guess my number!!! LOL... have a great one!

MegannsMom
01-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Here is a new necklace from me....forgive the fact that there is no lampwork in it! :D
Please let me know what you honestly think; it's a new style for me.
~Cindy

watermelonjewel
01-25-2005, 12:05 AM
WOW!! Im so happy I found this thread! You guys are all sooo artistic! Stunning everyone! :clap:

I think I will be brave.. I made this bracelet a long time ago, I know my pic is bad, but its my favorite one. I wear it all the time. :) Two views of the same bracelet.

Becky Mason
01-25-2005, 01:09 AM
It is always inspirational to come to this thread every month. I espeically love the necklaces Marilyn did. Simple in design, but what punch!

This is a necklace and bracelet set that I just finished as a custom order. The beads were an eBay auction I had a couple of weeks ago and the winner asked me to make her a set of jewelry from the beads. How wonderful is that? She just got the jewelry today and was thrilled. The necklace is acutally long enough to wrap around the neck as a choker too. In addition to my lampwork beads, I used lots of nice silver (100 grams total in the bracelet and necklace), Swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, garnets, and faceted synthetic opals.

Becky

Lapislazuli
01-25-2005, 09:49 AM
:clap: :clap:

¡Very beautiful necklace!
Ana María

Here is a new necklace from me....forgive the fact that there is no lampwork in it! :D
Please let me know what you honestly think; it's a new style for me.
~Cindy

JustK
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
I couln't figure out how to PM these pics to Cindy (MegannsMom), so here is the cuff I made for my sis-in-law PennyMichelle. I forced her to buy the cab at Shepherdess in San Diego with the promise to make her a bracelet, so here it is...
You can see the whole thing laid out by visiting the blog (link below). It is embroidered on a base of Lacy's Stiff Stuff which we talked about in another thread, and backed with soft leather.
The idea of the embroidered cuff came from December's Bead and Button.

GardensOnGlass
01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
WOW! Lots of amazing jewelry!

MegannsMom
01-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Hi all,
I couln't figure out how to PM these pics to Cindy (MegannsMom), so here is the cuff I made for my sis-in-law PennyMichelle. I forced her to buy the cab at Shepherdess in San Diego with the promise to make her a bracelet, so here it is...
You can see the whole thing laid out by visiting the blog (link below). It is embroidered on a base of Lacy's Stiff Stuff which we talked about in another thread, and backed with soft leather.

Oh, Kim...thats YUMMY! Love it! Cuffs are great, aren't they? I do mine with a core of brass to keep them firm......Stiff Stuff for the beadwork, on top of the brass, then with deerskin backing the whole thing. I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics.
How does yours fasten? That spider web is great!
~Cindy

JustK
01-26-2005, 11:00 AM
There is a snap hidden under the spider, that idea was one I really liked from the B&B article.
After attaching the leather with glue and then stitching around the edge (the Lacy's squishes in and is invisible :) ), you wrap it around a soup can with rubber bands to hold it overnight--or was that while the glue was wet...? I think that's it, then trimmed and sewn around the edge. You're not supposed to flatten it out after it is shaped on the can...
I highly recommend the article, it was the first one I can remember seeing where I just had to go and make that project!
Kim

AMR GlassWorks
01-27-2005, 10:53 PM
My gawd!!! What a delight for the eye in this thread!! Ya'll are soooo talented!! I don't make jewelry that often, especially beaded stuff but after I saw this bracelet in the newest B&B I had to try it!! I really like it so much I might add one to my CA gifts! Hey Nicole, what's your number?? :evil:

Lapislazuli
01-28-2005, 01:43 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Very very beautiful!
Ana María

Hi all,

Lapislazuli
01-28-2005, 01:47 AM
:clap: :clap:

¡Beautiful, what colors! you are talented. a great job.
Ana María

My gawd!!! What a delight for the eye in this thread!! Ya'll are soooo talented!! I don't make jewelry that often, especially beaded stuff but after I saw this bracelet in the newest B&B I had to try it!! I really like it so much I might add one to my CA gifts! Hey Nicole, what's your number?? :evil:

tammiemabe
01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Love this thread! Beautiful....

MegannsMom
01-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Here's another beaded necklace that I made a couple days ago. This one at least includes lampwork....sort of. I have quite a few beads that have cracked in half and can't bear to throw away the pretty ones. So, I finally decided what to do with one of them; use it as a cabochon!

Simple design, but it turned out nice and spring-like, I think. What are your thoughts? Good idea, using the cracked in half bead?
~Cindy

beadescape
01-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I finished this last night. Lots of my lampwork and other pretties. I have never done one of this type before and it was fun. I love looking at everyone's beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing.

AMR GlassWorks
01-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Cindy that is gorgeous, looks like a lot of work!! :D
Jan I love that bracelet with the raku beads!! Gorgeous!!

Cheddarlander
01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Wow Cindy, you were right. That bead was way to pretty to just discard. It looks wonderful in that necklace. Beautiful work! :clap:

Jan: The colors in your bracelet are super. Nice job; it's a beautiful piece! :clap:

Karen