PDA

View Full Version : First S&T of 2005! 1/1/05 - woohooo!!! What ya got?

snootyvixen
01-01-2005, 02:59 AM
OK - so these were made this week - something different for me, buttons. Here they are, unculled - the good, the bad and the ugly (and the REALLY bad!)

I have more beads in the kiln, but I'll leave you with these. (and yes, they're threaded on spaghetti LOL!!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/14836-041231_buttons.jpg

Vikki

kybeadmaker
01-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Very cool presentation Vikki...and very cool buttons!! I'm making squares these days. I used clear glass and frits to make purple, pink and orange beads. There is one that looks blue..but it's really purple!

Briatha
01-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Vikki fabulous buttons!
Harriet yummy eye candy! They do look like the little old fashioned hard candies we used to get at the corner store when I was a kid (many many moons ago)

I'm still playing with my Zoozii Tiles and Crystal Cube Presses and did a Paparazzi set.

Kalera
01-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Nice buttons, Snooty cutie!

Harriet, those squares look delicious... like they'd melt, fruity and cool, under my tongue.

I made a couple of floral donuts and a boro set in teh last couple of days:

Kalera
01-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Faith, you snuck in there while I was posting! Those tiles are wonderful - kaleidoscopic!

Shawn T.
01-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Vikki, Love the new buttons, very cool! Isn't it great fun to work outside your comfort zone.

Harriet, Have you posted these before? If so I owe you an apology cause they look very similar to what is in my kiln right now from today. I just got to try out my new cube press, and well if you have not posted these then I guess we were on the same wave length. I am sure mine wont be as beautiful as yours. But my first thought with this new press was to try bright brillent skreaky jewel tones in transparent glass.
I love the way yours turned out!

Shawn

snootyvixen
01-01-2005, 03:29 AM
OH Harriet & Faith! Santa didn't put a tile press under the tree for me (unless it was disguised as a lump of coal .......... hhhhmmmmmph!) I love what you ladies are doing with the tile press, and Harriet, you're still my #1 ... on equal footing with my other #1! LOL! Those are scrumptious!

Faith - they look great with the cubes! :clap: :clap:

Kalera - what the heck size mandrel did you use? Those are so cool!!

Vikki

snootyvixen
01-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Shawn! I didn't see you down there, sorry! I love making these! I don't know how functional they are .. as buttons ... but I've started including some in my sets on eBay and they seem to be going well.

Then ... I branched off in yet another direction this morning! Those are in the kiln. I hope to get them posted tomorrow if I can get my baking (cornbread) out of the way!

Vikki

Emily NZ
01-01-2005, 05:28 AM
You are all starting of the year with real beauties and cuties!
Here is my first offering for 2005 a couple of boro implosion flowers.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Emily

Toni Lutman
01-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Wow! Gorgeous work tonight!

These two are Uroboros and lots of frit!

Happy New Year's!!!

Toni

Teri.p
01-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Wheeeeeeeee! Happy New Year! Actually, I was asleep at midnight, but my neighbors were thoughtful enough to set off about a million firecrackers....

Man-o-man, you guys are a hard act to follow....... Toni, I'm in love with your beads!

Here's the last set I made in 2004 - pillows made with R-108:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/23019-041056.jpg

Teri

jeffwelsh23462
01-01-2005, 10:33 AM
HAPPY 2005 EVERYONE! Here are a few things Jeff has to show! All are boro various colors w/ dichroic or not. sandra

Linnea
01-01-2005, 10:36 AM
great buttons Vik,, I love the tiles press beads. I am going back and forth on what press to buy myself. I can only get one so this is hard :D I was thinking the pillow press but I LOVE the tiles too.. Which one would you get???
I posted these last night but I really love them so here they are again :wink2:

StefaniBeads
01-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Vikki - Such happy colors! That's got to be fun, but looks hard to do though. :)

Harriet - Just lovely, and they look like they were made with Gaffer cane. Amazing pinks and purples, huh? I use a HH, and manage not to burn them, lol! :D

Faith - I love your Paparazzi, and especially in these shapes! :cool:

Kalera - Beautiful florals, and I would love to see you make those in sets. Ohh, yummy boro too!

Emily - Your boro pendants are always amazing. :)

Teri - I love your pillow beads, always perfectly shaped! I'm a little pillow impaired, but not ready to throw away the tool, yet! ;) :D

After a long absence from the S&T, here's some of what I've got. I've also made a lot of turquoise swirl and stone beads, but I'm out of toilet bowl cleaner to get the reduction junk off of them. :rolleyes:

StefaniBeads
01-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Cathie and Sandra, you snuck in there but I'm slow, lol!

Cathie - those are SO lovely, is that opaline white in the rose set?

Sandra and Jeff - I LOVE your sea dragon pendant so much, I had to get a good picture of it. Everyone who sees me wearing it is fascinated, and of course, they want one for themselves! ;) :D

Linnea
01-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks Lisa,,, It is light pick opaline in the rose set I love it ... was scared to use the opaline before ,, not now :evil:

CalmWaterStudio
01-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!

What a great way to start the year.... wake up LATE.... and look at beads!!!! :clap: :clap: Beautiful beads today, too!

Lisa... I am so happy to see your beads here again!!!! I missed you. It made me smile to see your work here again.

3MusesGlass
01-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Beautiful New Year's eye candy!
I have another bracelet for another niece. She's a beach girl and I thought they looked kind of wave-water-sand-ish.
BE egyptian blue, powder blue, spring green, french vanilla and whatever else I grabbed, silver foiled and topped with some lines of stringer and swirled around.

LTomei
01-01-2005, 12:31 PM
OK don't laugh to hard art these. Long way to go to get as beautiful as the others in this thread but here goes.
Linda :cat:

Amozoo
01-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Happy happy, nice beads and pendants today.

kenchunk
01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Happy New Year! Great start of the new year!!

snootyvixen
01-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Great S&T!!! Amozoo, I LOVE your huge sets! So colorful - and I totally admire the fact that you can keep your attention focussed for so many beads .. I tend to wonder off by about #6! LOL!!

Sachiko, I've SO enjoyed watching your talent grow since you first started posting here on WC, you truly have arrived ... your beads are wonderful!!

I had a request to show the backs of my buttons, so I figured I may as well post the pic here too in case anyone else was curious

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/14836-b041231_button_backs.jpg

Vikki

kybeadmaker
01-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Shawn,
I haven't posted these before, but not to worry.... We probably just had the same bead fairy doing double duty !!!! :) Post away girl! I want to see yours !!!!
Harriet

Harriet, Have you posted these before? If so I owe you an apology cause they look very similar to what is in my kiln right now from today. I just got to try out my new cube press, and well if you have not posted these then I guess we were on the same wave length. I am sure mine wont be as beautiful as yours. But my first thought with this new press was to try bright brillent skreaky jewel tones in transparent glass.
I love the way yours turned out!

Shawn[/QUOTE]

Birdsong
01-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone!
OK, here it is, the unveiling of a long time lurker! I have been making these vessels for quite a while, showed them off at the Gathering in Portland, and am now ready to show you all my work. I love to see what everyone is making here, there is SO MUCH talent, and I really value all of your opinions, so let me know what you think. I am considering selling on ebay, but it's a big step and I'm a bit nervous to see how I do there. Well,(deep breath) here goes (hope this works, never attached a photo before - aahhh!)~
Raychel

StefaniBeads
01-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone!
OK, here it is, the unveiling of a long time lurker! I have been making these vessels for quite a while, showed them off at the Gathering in Portland, and am now ready to show you all my work. I love to see what everyone is making here, there is SO MUCH talent, and I really value all of your opinions, so let me know what you think. I am considering selling on ebay, but it's a big step and I'm a bit nervous to see how I do there. Well,(deep breath) here goes (hope this works, never attached a photo before - aahhh!)~
Raychel

Wow, that's beautiful and definitely something I would wear myself! Get those beauties on ebay!! :cool: :D

Rainygrrl
01-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Happy New Year everyone! What a way to start the year. Beads, buttons, and Raychel's vessel--all gorgeous.

I promised myself that I'd start posting a few pics now and then. Sorry about the quality of the photo. I just can't get enough of this color combination lately--dk. turquoise and vetrofond senape (aka yellow ochre, I think), etched. I actually made enough beads to make a whacky, wonky little bracelet. Not elegant, but I'm having fun.

Roberta

sadiesjewels
01-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow ... I just love everyone's beads ... the buttons are wonderful Val - I've been wanting to give those a go for a while but haven't tried them out yet. I also love the square beads everyone is doing now. I'm rather behind on my press acquisition these days it seems!

I've been on a heart kick ... hearts everywhere - I'm going to take the splash with ebay and get my feet wet and will post some of those there in the next couple of days (I say - we will see - I have to have them perfect)... lol ... and I finished this necklace. I'll show the whole thing in the finished jewelry thread but I show the focal here as well.

sadie

sadiesjewels
01-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh I just saw those florals and that vessel ... wow ... those are beautiful ... really ...

Sadie

Lara
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
There are some lovlies here today.

Here are mine. I have a set of beads made with clear, dark sky blue and pea green cased in clear. I love this set. They look just like I wanted them to look and I got each bead the same size. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/10029-grn,_trq_clear.jpg

This focal bead is made of ink blue, lavendar frit, silver foil, clear dots and then etched.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/10029-ink_and_99_lentil_gallery.jpg

Lara

cronepaula
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
WOW everyone is soo dang good....I submit for your consideration:

Now I gotta go since I am inspired....torch here I come...

Lenda
01-01-2005, 06:33 PM
There is so much beauty here today, LOT"S OF IT!! Fabulous job everyone! I wanted to post this, I made it for Sadie for the Holiday exchange and I am pretty proud of it. Not sure if you saw it in that thread, so since I haven't made anything since, thought I'd post it here. I even used Sadie's pics, hope you don't mind!!! :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/10665-Lenda1bottlestopper.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2005/10665-Lenda2bottlestopper.jpg

sadiesjewels
01-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh Lenda ... why would I mind that?

It's a truly beautiful thing and I feel very honored to have it... thank you so much!

Hey, I'm even happy that my picture is good enough for you to use! - lol - that sounds like I think you're snooty which is entirely NOT so ...

Sadie

beachbeads
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Happy new Year, today is my last shift at work for one whole month> Yipee!
Lovely show, to many beauties to individually comment on. Vikki, nice buttons, I love making buttons. Just some sea grass beads and some lightly gold fumed hearts from me today.

zim
01-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Oh my! So many beautiful works of art today- I don't dare post mine. (Spent a couple hours on hearts this afternoon but still need perfecting)...

Kenchunk- those beads are stunning, I don't know how you get them so perfectly shaped! And Kalera- your beads are always georgous- I love the little jewels you put in the flower centers.

Beautiful beads everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: !!

~Donna

Paul Katherman
01-02-2005, 01:20 AM
WOW what a great start to a new year. Great work everyone!

Lenda wow great stoppers. I want to see more of your work this year.

Kalera
01-02-2005, 04:06 AM
Shawn! I didn't see you down there, sorry! I love making these! I don't know how functional they are .. as buttons ... but I've started including some in my sets on eBay and they seem to be going well.

Then ... I branched off in yet another direction this morning! Those are in the kiln. I hope to get them posted tomorrow if I can get my baking (cornbread) out of the way!

Vikki

Thanks, Vikki! Those were made on some 1/2" steel tubing I got on eBay for practically nothing... it came in 3' lengths and I cut it with an el cheapo hacksaw. Don't you just love eBay? :D