PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Show and Tell 12/31

Briatha
12-31-2004, 03:18 AM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I hope the coming year will be prosperous, happy and safe for you all.

Arctic Ice is a Zoozii Tile and Crystal Cube set.

CalmWaterStudio
12-31-2004, 04:42 AM
Faith, those beads are just awesome! They look like the Florida Keys to me.. and makes me want to go!!

I can't sleep and decided to take some pictures, but, they didn't turn out so great... I'm a 'sunshine' photographer. BUT, I'm going to post them anyway... WC addict that I am!

The last one is my first experience with dark silver plum (encased with topaz). I LOVE that stuff!

Sweet dreams, guys... I'm finally going to bed!

Teri.p
12-31-2004, 07:58 AM
Faith - wonderful! I still can't get my cubes to come out; you're inspiring me to try some more.

Gigi - nice hearts - the silver plum/topaz is absolutely delicious!

I finally got some Lauscha Cocoa, and have already used up half of my half-pound order! These lozenges have coral flowers and opal yellow dots.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2004/23019-041049.jpg

Teri

JCA
12-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Faith- I love that blue
Gigi- I like the first one very much
Teri- Great color combo

Clear heart with flames burnin up the bottom!

Tomsanctuary426
12-31-2004, 09:08 AM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!
Tom has a few different pendants to show this morning and another bracelet. I hope you all have a safe New Years Eve and a wonderful New Year.
God Bless,
:) Tom and Karen :)

Mr.Smiley
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
I've got some more boro hearts... I feel like a broken record- LOL I am so in love with making them... I'm glad they are selling for me or I would have a lot of these hanging around. :D

You guys are turning out some fantastic work. :clap:

Rosie2000
12-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Every once in a while something comes out in design that lays just perfect on the neck. These pieces do. Sometimes the challenge is the way the ones just under the ears lay. These came out where they are turned ever so slightly towards the front and are just form fitting on the neck. I have a challenge with vessels, most just do not lay right on the chest and it drives me crazy when a piece flops back and forth or rolls around. Im working on that :) Great work everyone :clap: Rosie the wild woman :wave:

jeffwelsh23462
12-31-2004, 10:48 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE EVERYONE!
Hope everyone is safe tonight and has a great time ringin in the NEW YEAR! Well here are 3 sea dragons Jeff made last night and Then the EX LARGE 2LB 8 1/2 INCHES TALL DRAGON FIGURINE/PAPERWEIGHT he made yesterday!
Everyone's glass looks AWESOME! Have a super day! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: sandra

Onalee
12-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Yup Rosie I really like those beads. Your are really doing some unique and interesting things. Keep pressing the envelope! Onalee

CalamitysClan
12-31-2004, 11:51 AM
My very first post on the show and tell for just my beads and not my jewelry! I was lucky enough to have some time off for the holidays and this is what I did. I'm getting better on concentarting on sets instead of onsies and twosies. My little sets have sold pretty well too. Where does the time go? :)

Mr. Smiley, I've got to get me one of those beautiful boro hearts!

Patricia

JayneM
12-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Wow-whan an ending for the year. Everything is so beautiful here this morning. Here is my octopus garden that crawled out of the kiln this morning. Happy New Year everyone........

mperaza
12-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Wow - great S&T!! It's been a little while since I've posted anything - been busy with a couple shows and teaching a wire wrapping class. Anyway... I've been doing something new. I found a book on Venetian glass beads from well, who knows when (the book is all in Italian so I can't read anything - just look at pictures). Anyway, I wanted to make some beads based on those. I almost feel like a beginner with these beads and some of the beads look like beginner beads (decoration) - but, that is how the beads were intended to look since that is the way most of the beads in the book looked. I made some hearts and other things too. Here's a group shot.

Happy New Year!
Marilyn

GinnyHampton
12-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Great stuff today .. . . I gotta say that clear dragon is just spectacular!!!! Wow.

Here's a new heart with little twists:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2004/16244-DSCN4230.JPG

3MusesGlass
12-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Just finished this last night. A big chunky bracelet for my niece. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

hayjoshrae
12-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Such beautiful work..... Do I dare post my piddly little keychains? Made these as Christmas gifts.... It's a good thing that my friends and family don't compare mine to the beauties here on the WC!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2004/38713-Coleens_keychain.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2004/38713-Maddies_keychain.JPG

Oooh - and the pictures are so big... Sorry!! :rolleyes:

sislonski
12-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes!
Finally I started up the torch yesterday.
Feels SOooooo Good!

And since hearts seems to be the up and coming theme.....

Here are mine............

shari

CarlaAlexander
12-31-2004, 03:36 PM
I have a lot of pictures because I was busy yesterday. The stone my dad made for me and I finished the piece and the horse pendant should look familiar. I got it from Mom for Christmas and then finished the piece. The two beads have iris gold shards and silver.

pmoores
12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Almost embarrased to put my 'week 3' beads online.

Tried one or 2 straight off the rod in a future attempt for making marbles... almost lost control.

jessicah
12-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Almost embarrased to put my 'week 3' beads online.

Tried one or 2 straight off the rod in a future attempt for making marbles... almost lost control.
Awwww, don't be embarrassed. Think of it as a way to document your progress. I think you're doing fabulous for week 3. You should have seen some of my newbie beads :eek:

renderspace
12-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Mmmmhh, so great stuff everybody.
This looks promising for 2005.

Here is ours which just sold as Super Special on our website and found a generous buyer to help the survivors of the tsunami disaster.

AsKoru Beads

Linnea
12-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Great stuff I see everyone is getting ready for Valentines day with all the hearts :cat:

Sassyglassgal
12-31-2004, 11:14 PM
wow everyone's beads are just awesome. I like the squares that sold off the website, also the drooping hearts are amazing, dragons lovely, I also always like to look at the dolphins(makes me want to go on vacation somewhere warm with water), I know I'm missing others, but this thread is great. Here's one of my own sculptural flowers made with boro glass