PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 12/30/ Show and Squeal

Tink
12-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Well, I rarely get to start a S&T because of the hours I keep, but here goes nuttin' :D

Two vessels for today:

A fun organic using transparent enamels and a lot of other stuff.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10179-esoterica2.jpg

My second "Asiana" vessel. I don't have the attention span for doing these, truth be told. I'm pretty much over it. LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10179-asiana2.jpg

nicker
12-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Eiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Those are lovely!

CorriDawn
12-30-2004, 02:13 AM
That isn;t fair! I was going to post my feeble attempts at hollow vessels and I have to go after Tink??

Here goes nothing! Sorry the pics aren't good. I am too lazy to get up and retake them.

Teri.p
12-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Tink! I kinda like the Asiana vessel ........ :D

CorriDawn - nuthin' feeble about 'em that I see - lovely shaping!

More reactive work for me - base of opal yellow and twistie with black and EDP and opal yellow :

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/23019-041043.jpg

Teri

CalmWaterStudio
12-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Tink~ I'm just in awe of your vessels... they keep amazing me every time I look at them!

Corri~ Why worry about going after Tink? Those babies are wonderful!!!

Teri~ Those beads are gorgeous! I love the pattern!

First, frit envy... then shard envy... NOW vessel envy!?! What's next????
I got some hollow mandrels for Christmas... you two are making me want to go use them RIGHT now!! But, since it's 1:22am, and since I've been on the torch for about 3 hours, I guess I should hit the sack.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

CorriDawn
12-30-2004, 02:29 AM
First, frit envy... then shard envy... NOW vessel envy!?! What's next????
I got some hollow mandrels for Christmas... you two are making me want to go use them RIGHT now!! But, since it's 1:22am, and since I've been on the torch for about 3 hours, I guess I should hit the sack.

I didn't usa a hollow mandrel. I can't wait to try that though!

I love those hearts. so much depth!

Tink
12-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Corri, you are definitely on the right track! Your shapes are inspired and inventive! I had NO idea you weren't using a hollow mandrel! I wish I could spend even an hour showing you some stuff. I need to get to work on my teleportation device again. I am SO close to nailing it! :p

***Psssst! Check your email*** Hehehehehehehhhhh......

Dilyn
12-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Tink I'm totally amazed by your vessels... They look so perfect! The handles are also just amazing... I've tried and when I do handles they have a mind of their own!

Diane

Briatha
12-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Tink your vessels are drop dead gorgeous! I love "Asiana"!
CorriDawn very nice hollow vessels! I can't make a hollow or a vessel :confused:
Teri ravishing tabs!
CalmWaterStudio mesmerizing hearts!
I finally got some ocelet spots frit so I had to play and here's the results.
Ocelot Hearts

CalmWaterStudio
12-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Faith, very pretty beads. I think Ocelot Spots has to be one of my favorite frits.

PolychromeBeads
12-30-2004, 04:04 AM
Just b-a-r-e-l-y Thursday here in sunny (ha!) California. :p It is raining C & D, and my sinuses are in revolt (revolting? :D ). As you can probably tell, the drugs are taking effect. Wheeeeeee!!!

Here are a couple of my latest.

This is black with silver leaf, SIS, and cased in the lightest blue transparent (I ran out of clear!). RF stringer added on some:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/18777-ancientmetals.jpg

Some "faux boro" florals:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/18777-earlyspring.jpg

These are actually left over from 2 weeks ago (before I got sick). I am out of my contact lenses "indefinitely" and have to get clip on didys before I can torch again. :( Sucks to be me.

Aimee
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2004/18777-ed.jpg

SPIglass
12-30-2004, 04:24 AM
Tink--Wow! Those vessels are simply amazing!!!
Gigi-- Love the colors you used in your hearts. They are gorgeous!
Faith-- Yummy ocelot spots beadies!!

Here's a couple of my latest with silver and rubino

--Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10616-spacetwist1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10616-nebulae1.jpg

G&S Lampwork
12-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Paulette - love that cylinder bead!
Aimee - such pretty beads
Teri - lovely soft colours
Tink - need I say anything??
And to those who I've missed - all lovely!

I rarely work with Moretti, but I did with this set -

NYCindy
12-30-2004, 07:01 AM
Good morning, All!

Wow! The show and tell is busy already this morning! Maybe that's the reason I was up at 4 am! It was calling me! LOL!

Tink! I love the simplicity of the Asiana vessel! Lovely
Corri Dawn - good work on the vessels!
Paulette - I love the organics!
G&S - you shouldn't stay away from Moretti! :-) Pretty!
Aimee - I really like the bead over bead set!
Briatha - Your set makes me want Ocelot Spots! Beautiful!
TeriP- Love the reactive beads - you can pull really great colors from that glass!
CalmWater - love the hearts!

Here is mine for today - I was on an Effetre Rubino kick yesterday. Nice deep color. I kept thinking Rubrum Lillies! I raised these a bit and put some texture into them.

Have a great day all!
Cindy

Tomsanctuary426
12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Good morning~
Tom is still working with this new pattern on his boro bracelets. This is his latest one.
Have a great day,
:) Tom & Karen :)

Mr.Smiley
12-30-2004, 09:16 AM
You folks have out done yourself. :clap:

Yeperzzzz, you guessed it. More boro hearts for me to show. I promise I'll have other stuff soon. :D

Foofaraw
12-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Tink ~ I always love your vessels and know all about the attention span thing, lol!
CorriDawn ~ rome wasn't built in a day, those are great!
Teri ~ those are almost tribal looking!
Gigi ~ I love the water looking one!
Faith ~ don't you just love ocelot spots?
Aimee ~ those faux boro flowers are so cool!
Paulette ~ man I wish I had the ability to be so free with the glass, those are gorgeous!
Lorraine ~ those are yummy!
Cindy ~ great job with rubino, that can be a touchy color!
Tom ~ very nice
Mr. Smiley ~ the one with the black backround is absolutely to die for!

Here is another tile set from me, I'm having so much fun with this tool. This is copper green with lauscha wedgewood

Flame Of Mind
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone!

I havent participated in a show and tell for a long time!

Tink- Gorgeous as always! I really like the Asiana vessel too!
CorriDawn- I think they look great!
Teri- I love the colors you used there! Beautiful!
Gigi- You hearts are awesome!!!
Faith- Perfect as always! ;)
Aimee- Hi :wave: Are you lovin' that torch?? Those are all gorgeous!!
Paulette- I adore that bicone! Great color reactions!
Lorraine- Maybe you should work with Moretti more! They are just beautiful!
Cindy- Love those lillies! Awesome!
Tom and Karen- I think it's great! I love the pattern!
Smiley- Great hearts!!! I love the second one!
Jenn- I love those colors together! Your tiles are perfect!

Here is one of my latest finned florals:

jeffwelsh23462
12-30-2004, 10:10 AM
hi everyone, happy thursday to each and everyone of you! Here a 4 things jeff made last night. 3 SEA DRAGON PENDANTS and 1 5 inch tall DRAGON HEAD! Actually he made 2 of these but AMAYA has the other one spoken for! :D
everyone's work just looks BEAUTIFUL!
:clap: SANDRA :clap:

GinnyHampton
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Great stuff again today!!!! I really like that copper green/wedgewood blue combo . . . wedgewood is one of my favorite colors!!

Here's a new froggie .. .. deeper colors than I usually do for a little variety. The frog is that greenish Vetrofond (I think we call it baby poop) with raku toes, the heart is dk brown with petroleum green, dk yellow and lt brown:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/16244-naturalfrogfront.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/16244-naturalfrogback.jpg

JayneM
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi,
Beautiful things here this morning. Here is my fishing necklace that I have put much love and work into. The beaded body over the lure was time consuming, so my next one I'll make the lure part out of decorated glass which may be even better. I'm sure wearing this will improve my luck with the walleyes............

Mr.Smiley
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
If I was a Walleye, I'd bite! :D Very cool idea!! :clap:

CorvetteJuliet
12-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Awesome!!! I'm dashing out the door - was playing around with my new macro lens today - so I'm getting off to a late start forwork!! I still need to dial in the lighting settings and all that jazz. I'm pleased with these beads though. Lauscha red transparent glass and the Zoozii tile press. ~Juliet

CharleneN
12-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow lots of to die for beads today and it's still early yet!
Here's one of my tributes to Valentines Day and a Tongue Pink and Raku Lentil set.
I've been playing around with a free trial of Paint Shop Pro 9. So far I like it :)

Libby L.
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Beautiful stuff today guys. Love it all.
The Libster aka Libby

Flaming Idiot
12-30-2004, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tink]I wish I could spend even an hour showing you some stuff. I need to get to work on my teleportation device again. I am SO close to nailing it! QUOTE]

Well stop wasting your time online and get TO it Tink!! I have dibs on you after Corrie!! :clap:

Tink
12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
My new batch of vessels is out of the kiln. LOL! I must be working too much if I can have stuff for both the beginning AND the end of a S&T thread, eh?

Purple Red vessel (which keeps showing up orangey in pics even though it's not) with fine silver hearts

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10179-silverhearts1.jpg

Seeded Glass vessel of forest green and lickable purple

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10179-grnpurpseeded.jpg

"Wings of Hope" vessel - It's so hard to photograph clear glass. I could use some pointers... Simple and pure, black and clear... Lucio liked my winged vessels, and suggested that I give the wings more movement and fluidity. Sometimes I try so hard to make things "even" that I lose the moment and the honesty of the piece, if that makes sense. This vessel was born of pure freedom...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2004/10179-wingsofhope.jpg

Renee Weaver
12-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Lorraine- Do you use the mini bead squeeze? I just got the regular size and I think I should have bought the mini, Im a small bead gal. Beautiful beads!
Renee

oldejunque
12-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Wow! Wonderful show and tell.
Tink, you have outdone yourself. The clear and black is perfect, love the wings.

Tomi

Trishki
12-30-2004, 01:40 PM
I have nothing to show- but gooddang what a wonderful show and tell!!!
Don't have time to comment on all - but
Aimee - those flowers are to die for! Tink- Thud, Jennifer- ohhh....
Great job everyone!!!

Mary Jo Wolf
12-30-2004, 01:42 PM
OMG..your work is soo awesome...everybody.

And....Tink...your work is gloriously beautiful.

:wave:

sislonski
12-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I have nothing to show today. Or even for the last month really. I think I will actually fire up the torch today though. I'll do some hearts for Valentines Day and post them later today or for tomorrows show.

But just had to comment. Mr Smiley your hearts are INCREDIBLE, absolutely lovely, makes me want to switch over to boro. Some day maybe......

and TINK as always your vessels are so Pretty and Delicate and Amazing.
Great showing everyone else.

shari

Patch
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I got a new digital camera for Christmas and was eager to try it to picture beads so I didn't take time to clean the bead poo and here are the latest beads. Now I have to try all the features the camera offer to improve the pics.

Denise

Josie
12-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Incredible work today! So much color it makes me think spring!
Jeff, I missed the last paperweight but I got this one! Yeah! It's mine! All mine! nanananana. :evil:
Tracey

jeffwelsh23462
12-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Incredible work today! So much color it makes me think spring!
Jeff, I missed the last paperweight but I got this one! Yeah! It's mine! All mine! nanananana. :evil:
Tracey
GLAD YOU GOT IT! It will be on it's way! Glad my dragon found a WONDERFUL home! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lepoppet
12-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Here's some from Me

Lara
12-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Tink, your vessles are wonderful. I just love the black and silver. The silver is so nice an shiny and solid (not breaking all up like leaf does). Is this just think silver foil or some other technique. Just lovely.

I think your clear picture looks great. What about a slightly darker backgrond or one with a bit of texture. I dont' know what I'm talking about, so don't listen to me. :)

Lara

Tink
12-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Tink, your vessles are wonderful. I just love the black and silver. The silver is so nice an shiny and solid (not breaking all up like leaf does). Is this just think silver foil or some other technique. Just lovely.

Thank you! It's some other technique. :D

I think your clear picture looks great. What about a slightly darker backgrond or one with a bit of texture. I dont' know what I'm talking about, so don't listen to me. :)

I must have taken a dozen photos of this one with various backgrounds. I think the only solution is to never do a clear piece again. LOL! :p

Lara
12-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Thank you! It's some other technique. :D

I must have taken a dozen photos of this one with various backgrounds. I think the only solution is to never do a clear piece again. LOL! :p

HEE HEE, thought it might be "another technique". :D Almost looks like paint. Very very cool. Went to your site again to see and all vessels sold out, again. I never get there in time. Silly work gets in the way.

NO NO, you can do clear again. :P I think that your picture is really good. You can see the piece right?

Lara

Tink
12-31-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm so darn literal sometimes. LOL!

I know I'll do at least one more clear vessel, as I've decided to break my own personal rule and put one on eBay to raise relief funds for AmeriCare. I think the last glass thing I put on eBay was back in March.

As I put things in the kiln, I write descriptions on my site. Most things are reserved or sold by the time I go to bed. I post photos when things come out of the kiln the next day.

Just Nancy
01-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Lovely work everyone. Not a chance I could pick a favorite. This is one of those treads, I'm envious even of the photography. :D

Tink, we'd love it if you'd transport to Indiana. ISLAGA is meeting Saturday on the North side of Fort Wayne, and I've thought about having a get together at my house to just visit.

I could line up bacon if that was a factor in your attending.

Back to enjoy everyone's work.

Nancy

Tink
01-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! BACON!!!! Heheheheh!

I would LOVE to come, but this Saturday is both the lottery for blow slots at the Museum AND the mandatory instructors meeting there. Bleah. I always show up in my jammies :-)

Just Nancy
01-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Tink,

Well fooie. No bribe of bacon would overcome previous engagements. Maybe another time.

I don't know if we have our locations planned for 05 or not, but we'd love to have you drop in.

Nancy