PDA

View Full Version : "l-o-v-e" perfume bottle

amy fgb
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
This is a bit of a thread hog - hope you all don't mind, but it's been a while since I've done one of these and thought it turned out decent enough to show here. :)

The second picture turned out a bit fuzzy - sorry about that.

I just made a Valentine's Day set for ebay and had some twisties left over, so I decided to make a perfume bottle.

This little guy stands three inches tall from the base to the top of the wand.

On the back I've spelled "love" in Braille (tricky writing Braille sideways while the bottle was on the mandrel).

I'm not sure what to do with it, but will probably end up putting it up for auction eventually.

Hope you like it!

Take care,
Amy

lorwolff
12-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Ohh, Amy, that's beautiful.
Did you make it on the end of a mandrel?..., usual vessel technique?

jessicah
12-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Oh Amy, that is a beautiful perfume bottle.

nicker
12-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Amy! I am speechless, I am a big fan of yours and this one well...WOW! :clap:

Rosie2000
12-29-2004, 01:03 AM
WOWSER :clap: :clap: Everytime I think Ive seen it all or thought of it all....a wowser appears. I LOVE it.... :clap: such a unique take on a vessel.... :clap: rosie the wildwoman

MegannsMom
12-29-2004, 01:40 AM
Amy, that is simply beautiful. My DD happened to be in the room and saw it and loves it, too! Fantastic work!
~Cindy

Lenda
12-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Amy that is just beautiful. I love the heart stopper and decorations on the outside. And what I can appreciate even MORE is the fact that your red is just fabulous. What kind is it and what's your secret? LOL! I just posted in Tech about my disaster using red, so any hints would be appreciated! SO, I'd just put it next to your perfume bottles and KEEP IT! :D

Lapislazuli
12-29-2004, 09:35 AM
:clap: :clap:
Hi Amy, beautiful, beautiful perfume bottle.
Lapislazuli :wave:

This is a bit of a thread hog - hope you all don't mind, but it's been a while since I've done one of these and thought it turned out decent enough to show here. :)

The second picture turned out a bit fuzzy - sorry about that.

I just made a Valentine's Day set for ebay and had some twisties left over, so I decided to make a perfume bottle.

This little guy stands three inches tall from the base to the top of the wand.

On the back I've spelled "love" in Braille (tricky writing Braille sideways while the bottle was on the mandrel).

I'm not sure what to do with it, but will probably end up putting it up for auction eventually.

Hope you like it!

Take care,
Amy

Tink
12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: GAWJUS!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

GinnyHampton
12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
That bottle is incredible!!!! I love the heart stopper too :)

Is that what you're doing for HGTV????

boheme'
12-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Gorgeous!! Love the heart for the stopper too. You're amazing.

Deb Cline

encantado
12-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Lovely! Wow! I also love those beads you have up for auction! Those are yummy!

glassyeyed
12-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Oh, Amy!! It is just beautiful!! You are so incredibly talented!

kybeadmaker
12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Just beautiful, Amy !!!! I am in awe !!

chocolatier
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Amy, why would anybody mind you being a threadhog. Your work is stunning and you are in my ebay favorites. Your hearts inspire me and now your perfume bottle is absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

Linda G.

Orca
12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Amy, it's just beautiful!!! As are your beads up for auction right now!

elizabethburnsglass
12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi Amy and all...I am new to Wet Canvas and am new to the world of glass beadmaking. My dear hubby bought a beginner glass bead setup for me for Christmas this year after I have been drooling over them for years...enough about me, anyway...

Amy your beads are fabulous (you are in my favorites on ebay) as are many of the other talented artists whose replies I read on this thread. It is so exciting to see the results of your labor and this bottle is exquisite! Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope one day to at least be able to make something "passable". You're an inspiration!

RedWing
12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Amy,

That is a GORGEOUS peice of work. Did you do that on a mandrel? If yes, what size? I have only made one vessel before. I want to get good enough to do something like that. You inspire me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love making vessels far better then doing beads.

Thanks for sharing.

Donna

FiredDesires
12-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Amy.........that IS gorgeous :clap: Very, very nice....thanks for sharing. :cat:

Virginia L.
12-29-2004, 01:34 PM
BEAUTIFUL hog, job - who would ever mind such pretty hogging :clap: :clap: :clap:

amy fgb
12-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind words!!! You guys are just great. :)

I did make it on a 3/32" mandrel. Just mad a very large hollow bead at the end of the mandrel and turned it into a bottle.

The red was dark red. I first tried purple red, but the darn thing collapsed and that was it for my supply of purple red.

Ginny - yup, I'll be making a perfume bottle for the show, and Cam asked if I had others to display, so I figured I'd get a little practice in and make a different style to show too.

Lenda - I saw your thread on reds. Unfortunately I'm not sure what kind of result you're getting. I very well may be doing the same thing to my reds and don't even know it. The only thing I'm sure I don't get are those "dull" spots. Whatever else I'm doing to get a nice red is dumb luck I think. I've always just worked them like any other color - never really knew that they could be tempermental. Hmmmm...

Anyway, thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate all of your very, very nice words!!!!

Take care,
Amy

dlbirtwell
12-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Incredible!!! Oh please put it on Ebay, although I know it will go high so I probably will not be able to affort it :( :( :( but good for you!!

JayneM
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
That perfume bottle is so beautiful. I love the the little heart stopper.

CharleneN
12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Gorgeous!

mystykbead
12-29-2004, 10:21 PM
That is completely stunning!!! I love it!!
LIndz

Amozoo
12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
slurp. :clap:

G&S Lampwork
12-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Now that is really an inspirational piece!!

Cyndilee
12-31-2004, 02:49 AM
Amy it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Cyndi

JaniceM
12-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh, WOW! So pretty!

Janice

mistymade
12-31-2004, 11:49 PM
What a gorgeous perfume bottle!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: