PDA

View Full Version : Pram

Mirek Sledz
12-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Pram. Children vehicle. Photo to this image I made very long ago, in my early youth (it was 1978 year) It was queer thing for me that mother this child leave
pram with kid before shop and went into while there someone could kidnap child
and go away. :o I found this photo year ago and was painted picture to my series "time vehicle" Why I sent it now on this forum?
Because it's main reason for which I must give back my painting-study to administration so it's final my story. :D
This house where I rent my study is long, there is 10 staircases and about 200
families lived there. Before my accomodation became painting-study there was
room for children prams (in polish it's name "wózkarnia" :) )
But childrens grew up and jump out theirs prams and this room for children vehicles became unnecesary.There was empty room.
In this time I was rent it to my painting. :)
It was 2000 year. In the meantime many girls and boys get married and
many new kids was born. Room for children prams was again necessary. :D
Last time people in my house wrote petition to administration that they
need room for prams because they don't like carry prams on third or fourth
level. Is fact obviously that duty admionistration is assure room to prams
if is need. People from administration was surprized why there was no
room for prams. Suddenly they remind that it was my painting-study :eek:
For me it was analogic situacion when people in Arles wrote petition
to eviction Van Gogh with his Yellow House :p :D
Fortunately to prams is necessary only one room while my study include
two rooms - bigger and lesser. Bigger was as a gallery. Lesser as study to paint. Door from lesser room go out on cellar corridor and door from bigger room go out on backyard.
Final story is that I must give back lesser room for prams room and saved
bigger room farther to use painting. This agreement was only way
to rescue my study. It's still attractive for me because I pay very low prize
for it. My study is a little cutting off but is rescue :D :wave:

themanda
12-28-2004, 06:32 PM
oh no! i'm so sorry you're losing part of your space. at least you do get to retain the bigger piece. it's still a loss, and a sad day for you. :crying: when do you have to empty the space? will you have to listen to a bunch of wailing babies now? will you turn into a babysitter? i can see it now...all the babies going back to mommy and daddy all kwadrycised and splattered with paint... LOL

Mirek Sledz
12-28-2004, 06:40 PM
themanda - you make my humour better :p you wantn't give me gold with your
gold field. :( Then I coul'd be enough rich to buy new paint-study. :D

themanda
12-28-2004, 06:43 PM
i'll put a little smear of gold on a piece of paper and mail it to you...then you can keep your studio. :clap:

Mirek Sledz
12-28-2004, 06:56 PM
many thanks! Your gold will rescue me before slalom between children prams
in my study :p

Smileawhyl
12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
I really like this painting. And if you notice, you have made it look like that baby is looking at your space and wanting it for himself.

mame
12-28-2004, 07:46 PM
'Tween mind and mind the word, the pen suffice,
but speak from Art, what language be but mere frivolity?

This work is as "art" as it gets.

Mirek Sledz
12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
thanks mame and smilewhy! :) I nothing understand with yours comments but it's my own blame. If my father hit me harder when I was young boy then
I could by more wise man today :p

mame
12-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Don't feel bad, Mirek. I have no social skills and I'm always putting my foot in my mouth - (if you haven't heard this Americanism it means I'm always saying something stupid at the wrong time and embarrassing myself and everyone around me)

What I meant to say and tried to say without a lot of words is that this work is so good, words pale (are no good). The artwork itself is enough. It needs no words.

Mirek Sledz
12-28-2004, 09:26 PM
:)

MountainSong
12-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Mirek! This is wonderful news! :D :D You still have part of your studio/study - the bigger half!! I'm so glad you do not have to find a new place altogether!!
In time, all those baby's will outgrow their prams and you will get the rest of your studio/study back. The price is right and it's still a good deal. :D :D
Your picture is wonderful and well timed to your latest adventure in life in Poland. :clap:

Mirek Sledz
12-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Mountainsong! You have optimistic version events in future :)
I must wait some years to recover back my second room :p
To this time will be awful tight and narrowly in my only one room - there will be
stock, paint-study and gallery (and my dog Pablo) -all together. There still only
lack goat to complete. :o :D

Michael-Ann
12-29-2004, 11:04 AM
This painting is wonderful Mirek...Your story gives such an interesting glimpse of life where you are. I love the child's hat and profile of the face...and agree with Smileawhyl that it appears as though the child is looking in on your study knowing it will eventually be occupied with prams. Glad that the administrators did not take both of your rooms! Take care and stay warm!

Mirek Sledz
12-29-2004, 11:21 AM
hi Michel Ann :) I suspect that these kids will be looking from theirs pramroom to my study by keyhole
:( :( :eek:

wiscojaydub
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Mirek ..your usual very interesting and great work! :) jaydub

Mirek Sledz
12-29-2004, 09:50 PM
thanks wisco :wave: although this time work is less important (in spite of it's my work- but no my pram!) it's example what is waiting for me in next year :D :D :D :D :D

Tamana
12-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Mirek, as always, you live your life through your art and your art through your life; both are one in the same, and very beautiful to look at. Thank you always for sharing.

Mirek Sledz
12-29-2004, 10:52 PM
thanks Tam! :) exactly-life through art and art through life :p I will never get free from it :D

james.bishop
01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Wonderful piece!

Sorry about your study, but glad it's not a total disaster.