PDA

View Full Version : Sea Life Boro Sculpture

FiredDesires
12-28-2004, 04:11 AM
This weeks "playing with the boro" results. Alchemy/Northstar glass, built on a minor with oxy. I make the components on one day and assemble on the next. I'm showing all views, as you turn the piece it has a different look. Fish, urchins, starfish, anneomes(sp) and a seashell are all packed in this 2" x 2 1/2"'s. I'm debating on whether to put it up for auction. :evil: Been a long, long time that I've made something that I wasn't so readily eager to part with. :cat:

rosiescreations
12-28-2004, 05:42 AM
Absolutely Beautiful!
I would not want to part with it either.
It is Gorgeous.

Retta Gates
12-28-2004, 05:55 AM
What a treasure! I love it! :D

Sanveann
12-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow!!!! Great work!

Gypzi
12-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Wow! :eek: I'm in awe of both the size and intricasy of your sculpture!

Stacylynne
12-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Catt

Wow you downplayed how great this piece is. Its really beautiful. I just cant imagine me ever trying to make anything like this. Your quite a talent kiddo. I think you should keep it Cat your first gut feeling was correct..

Love Stace..

Rosie2000
12-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I vote to keep it......Absolutely wonderful. I really admire those who can get such detail in a small sculpture. Havent got that far yet...but will one day. Rosie the wild woman :clap:

gwacie
12-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Beautiful. Keep it and enjoy it!

pmoores
12-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Wow underwater sea life has to be my favorite subject in glass.

Thats one impressive sculpture you have there. So much detail in such a small space.

koregon
12-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Catharine, beautiful job...now I know why you were so excited to go check out the kiln when I talked to you on Christmas...wowzer my friend. Well Done!!!

glassfreek
12-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Gorgeous! Beautifully done! Glad you are playing with the hard glass again, that is a keeper! Deb ;)

Hal
12-28-2004, 02:15 PM
That is an amazing piece of work. Keep it and make another to sell, that sale will keep you in glass for a few weeks at the least! Simple great work.

mom53
12-29-2004, 01:32 AM
That is one beatiful sea life. :clap: :clap: I love it. Vickie

KristiB
12-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Catharine!!!! (I'll spell your name right this time! :wink2: )

Awesome job! Sea life my fav! Turtles and Manta rays, ya gotta lov'em. Well, I do anyway ;)

You're an inspiration girl. I'd say keep this one. It's awesome and if you list it on ebay, will you send me an email??

Kristi (who saved her 1,000th post just for you! Can you smell the stench? Sort of oniony?)

FiredDesires
12-31-2004, 11:54 PM
Thank you, thank you everyone.......as some of you know, I live on an island and have no resident glass buddies to confab with.....so when I post here and read such wonderful comments .... it inspires me .... thanks guys! :clap:

Everyone, and Hal, Ok.....you talked me into it.....no selling it....into the glass display showcase it went.... :D
:cat:

Darla60
12-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Catharine, your colors are wonderful!! I SO need a second kiln. I'm feeling the Boro "pull". lol

Darla

crsann
01-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Catt that is one FAB-U-LISH-OUS sculpture!!!! I agree with everyone that you should keep it. Can't wait to see more.
Darla, get on the boro girl, you don't need a new kiln to do it. Just work it first and set up your schedule for boro first with a long soak time then when you get ready to do soft glass just have it ramp down to that temp and hold as normal. Any of the boro colors that didn't develop as much as you wanted can always go back in and cook some more later.
chrisann

Darla60
01-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Catt that is one FAB-U-LISH-OUS sculpture!!!! I agree with everyone that you should keep it. Can't wait to see more.
Darla, get on the boro girl, you don't need a new kiln to do it. Just work it first and set up your schedule for boro first with a long soak time then when you get ready to do soft glass just have it ramp down to that temp and hold as normal. Any of the boro colors that didn't develop as much as you wanted can always go back in and cook some more later.
chrisann

Chris, that's a great idea and one I hadn't considered! Thanks! I'm also wondering if I can bypass the boro part of the program on the front end and continue on to the soft glass anneal if I am not working boro. Surely that's possible to do. I can hardly wait to investigate this further. Thanks again!!

Darla