PDA

View Full Version : 12/24 WDE Christmas Lights WIP & bonus

zyffyr
12-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I was going to wait 'til I finished this CP, but don't know when that will be, so here it is at the 2hr. mark. This is the first time I've tried the cps on a dark background, mat board, here. Now I know it had ridges. :rolleyes: I'll be back to post the next 2 steps.

The bonus, is Don Q at Sunset, a manip that took me about 2 hrs as well.............took me awhile of trial and error to see that I couldn't avoid some pixel painting. :evil:

Elainepsq
12-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow! 2 ambitious pieces and very impressive indeed! The Christmas lights are looking good, I'll be anxious to see how it comes out, and Don Quixote is looking like chrome! :clap:

dabblerdot
12-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh, I absolutely love the imagination you've got going here !
The lighting of the hacienda for Christmas is soft and almost wistful, the roof decorations are great !!! :clap: :clap:
Don Quixote *does* look like chrome, as someone else just said. What a lot of hard work to figure out where the sunlight hit and flared (ie hoof and saddle pommel), and to combine images too, and it turned out beautifully ! Wonderful work, Terralyn !!!

sundiver
12-28-2004, 12:58 AM
The cp is coming along really well (ridges and all- make them work for you! :D ), and I like the shiny light on your manip- very cool.

*Deirdre*
12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
The cp is coming along really well (ridges and all- make them work for you! :D ), and I like the shiny light on your manip- very cool.
I agree with Wendy...you're doing well, our kid! :evil:

connievanwinssen
12-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Nice drawing!!! :)

Jet
12-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Terralyn,
I love the look my home is getting with those cps..I guess the dark background gives a 'solid' look to the 'pencil work' too..

It certainly looks different on a black background than on white paper...

Great work !! and the manip is very well achieved, glad you did some hand work on it too . :clap:

Thanks for particpating....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2004/27782-XmasTree00.gif
:wave:

Fleur
12-28-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm impressed with your Christmas lights... they look effective. I thought this one was a hard one to do!
Alslo love Don Quixote..... well done!

Precious Mazie
12-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Wow I love the manip and the CP has great color will be looking forward to seeing it completed. I don't think the ridges hurt the picture at all.

silgurt
12-28-2004, 09:22 AM
The lighting and reflections are starting to work well in the CP work. Really like the sunlight bouncing of Don Quixote figure.

Reese

ams
12-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Terralyn, I enjoyed both. Your cp is coming along well but I know how long they take.

The manip is so dramatic with the sunset and the black background. Just beautiful.

Anne

lorna12
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Terralyn....the Christmas house is indeed coming along well...I really like the depth of the colors so far and I agree the ridges aren't hurting anything...viewing wise...probably a pain coloring-wise :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

The manip is wonderful...love the lighting! :clap: :clap: :clap:

zyffyr
12-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Thank you all for all the wonderful comments. :D

Jet, your home is beautiful! I love your living room and wanted to paint it, but didn't think I could do it justice, esp in this setting.

I worked on this 2-3 more hours last night, but am not terribly pleased. All needs to go a couple shades darker, I think. (Except the lights). The street was done in 'steel' prismacolor and is reflective, so it looks really light on the scan. I will be darkening it first thing, but don't want to loose all the reflections either.
I'm afraid to erase on this mat board. I don't think it can take it. Areas where I have layered a lot are beginning to look a bit fuzzy. :(

Any suggestions are welcome.

ExpressiveAngie
12-28-2004, 09:18 PM
I love your cp :clap: the Christmas lights make me smile :) :clap:

the manip is so crisp and majestic it makes me think of a movie saga!

zyffyr
12-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks Angie. :wave:
Here's the last installment of Christmas Lights. I think I'm calling it done. :D

Fleur
12-29-2004, 01:41 PM
WOW!!! This glows! Well done! :clap: :wave:

lorna12
12-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Beautiful finish Terralyn....I love the glow of it and the reflections on the road were a really nice touch! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

zyffyr
12-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks Lorna and Fleur. Here is one more I did tonight while watching a movie. Took about 2 1/2 hrs. I wanted to try CP on Suede Mat Board and see what would happen. It was fun but no way to erase anything.

lorna12
12-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Can't see anything that needed erasing :wink2: It looks beautiful to me and I like the added touch of the fallen petal. :clap: :clap: :clap:

guilliame
12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Hey Terralyn,i like this lots especially the porch and those 2 little plant pots,looks so inviting,a lot to look at the garage door and the ivy on the wall,love those lights tho :clap: if you didn't use it this year you could save it and use for a card next xmas,just add your text across that icy road :)

I like the manip,haven't the slightest idea of how of how to do those,but it looks good.