PDA

View Full Version : My First molten glass ever with polymer clay

pmoores
12-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Still a work in progress, ive got to carefully somehow cover the baked polyclay only portion in that recommended future floor shine. I may even purchase some small shiny wooden plaque and mount it on that. Of course something like this will never ever get moved except by hand in a car, even then will be easy to break.

Most of the first 20 hours or so of melting glass on my quiet torch.

Full sized pic located at:

http://img83.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img83&image=glassonplatetwo1yl.jpg

Think ill try to be more creative next one. Some thing that could be hanged in a window. But after a 2 month nightmare military course im to be tortued on for the next 2 months.

(Picture doesnt do it justice though, even after I covered most of the flash with my fingers to avoid the closeup overpowering flash.)

Amozoo
12-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Pmoorse, that is great! I don't really understand the part about polymer clay, but as a peice it's wonderful. What a great acomplishment to make such a sculpture. Thanks for sharing it with us. :clap:

pmoores
12-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I only used the polymer clay as a base to stick the glass peices into. Problem is it doesnt shine like the glass. Therefore in theory, and its only theory since this is my first try... ill coat the blue stuff with the floor stuff and make it shiny too. That will also hold the glass into the clay stronger I hope.

Jennifer Geldard
12-28-2004, 10:06 AM
You can get a gloss coating for polymer clay which works beautifully.

This looks to me like a piece of coral with sea creatures :)

dogmaw
12-28-2004, 11:51 AM
How cool! You can get a polymer clay varnish, which comes in a liquid you can paint on.

Jo

!ngridh
12-28-2004, 11:13 PM
WOW that is really neat! Yep you can make it shiny...I really like your sculpture...really really kewl!