PDA

View Full Version : RE: GLasses and bunny painting

katelynalain
12-27-2004, 03:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-27-2004/26142_glassandbraidsnewbunnyshado.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: RE: GLasses and bunny painting
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
well..i thought i'd re post since it is different now and the other thread has a lot to dig through. he is more of a shadow now and less of a hat.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what do you think of this change? if you're sick of this one and dont even want to comment (like me)..feel free to just write (+) or (-) ...or ("hate it.") hahaha
thanks!!!

Michael-Ann
12-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Absolutely LOVE it! Nice handling of the bunny...Would love to have it hanging on my wall:D:D

chammi kaiser
12-27-2004, 03:39 PM
:wave: I liked the bunny the way it was. I think it made it a lot more interesting. It somehow (for me) loses the dream-like quality. However, your work is great and I love it. Chammi

balfour44
12-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I like this one as well as I liked the other, this one has become more "realistic dreamy" and when the bunny was sorta like a hat, it was much more surrealistic. each way has its charm, and I also love that you kept the reflection of bunny in the sphere, nice unexpected touch. your work on this series is going to snowball into somthing great, mark those words!!

Mikey
12-27-2004, 03:46 PM
It is much more of a solution. The painting is far more effective for me. Does it's being a shadow have significance, or change the meaning in any way?

Mikey

Frida200
12-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I won't say much, except that I am wondering if it looks more like your dream now, or if it looks more like a painting you would put up on a wall. Seriously interested. I tried to paint a dream once exactly as I had seen it. (Did not post). I was semi satisfied with the result. Very difficult, I think...

C.

Dhuot
12-27-2004, 05:28 PM
I won't say much, except that I am wondering if it looks more like your dream now, or if it looks more like a painting you would put up on a wall. Seriously interested. I tried to paint a dream once exactly as I had seen it. (Did not post). I was semi satisfied with the result. Very difficult, I think...

C.

Dreams are good...................semi dreams are good too ;)

Katelyn, this is even better. Bravo !

Claudia has an interesting question here.....

katelynalain
12-27-2004, 06:02 PM
thank you all!
happy for the input! what would i do trapped in my studio without you guys?
perhaps it is more like the dream..AND more like reality. at any rate..as claudia says, its nearly impossible to paint a dream. it was really crazy and long and bunny oriented. i think i like it better painted this way since i made the other one look more like my 'real' rabbit since i 'knew' thats who it was in the dream. HAHA. but it was probably more like a blob/shadow that i had lots of vivid knowledge about. satisfied, i think i'll put the paintbrush down on this one and move on!
:p
(thanks again for your help..)

Wayne Gaudon
12-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Awesome finish .. :D .. nice bunny (shadow) .. fits right in there.

artbabe21
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
wow....wow....wow!! I liked it before with the real bunny & thought it fit well for your dream, however this one works too, more subliminally....:) love it, much talent! :wink2:

A Few Pigments
12-27-2004, 08:24 PM
It has the feeling of an Alfred Hitchcock movie now. Why do we only see the bunnies shadow? What will the bunny do next?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of bunnies…only The Shadow knows hahahahaha! http://www.spaceports.com/~deshadow/

Your paintings are better mysteries than Alfred Hitchcock movies and the old Shadow radio show. :)

Tamana
12-27-2004, 09:57 PM
I knew it was a painting of choice. ;) See? You chose to change it. :cool:

Great shadowing (literally). ;)