PDA

View Full Version : My turn to start the show?

Rainygrrl
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
I was cruising earlier and noticed that there's no S&T yet today. Well--I figured that it's a hint from the universe that I should start one. I know, it's about time I showed you something. Just can't seem to get my act together to make beads, take photos, crop, etc., etc. But today is a total play day!

So here goes:
1. CYOS samples. A while back there was a thread about COYS, and I didn't realize then that opal yellow was a new color. I made yellow opalescent stringer with copper and silver, combined it with dark ivory, maybe some sage? ... I was never able to replicate the beautiful blue-green color, but I made some other interesting beads.
2. I am trying to gain some technical skills, but I enjoy making organics. These were all made with multiple types of stringers, undoubtedly some were silvered, and I'm sure that I used some of the reactive colors, but don't know which ones.
3. Dark turquoise and intense black. I like it.
4. One way that I found to use my wonky beads--dress up a gift bag.
5. I didn't make this candy cane. It was a gift from my sister, but we think it looks great in our little aquarium. I'm envisioning making a little kelp forest of latticino.

Thanks for all the inspiration and information!
Roberta

Black River Beads
12-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Great beads. I can't believe no one is showing tonight. Here are a few from us that were requested, some others went up on the bay tonight.

Patricia'sglass
12-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Awesome beads you two!!!! I have to get back on the torch. I've been making jewelry for a few months for shows which are now over. :D