PDA

View Full Version : A fish out of water.....

JCoop
12-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Primarily a portrait artist, once in a while I like to venture in to areas that I have no business being in. Here's something I did to get a break from my normal portraiture... It's not very accomplished, but I had fun. Thanks for your indulgence...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2004/30872-family_way.jpg

Digital on Canvas _Painter9

Yako
12-26-2004, 06:41 AM
I think it's really good!

There's only one detail. I don't know much of human anatomy and perhaps i'm wrong, if i am, please forgive me: it looks to me that the left breast is missing or is much smaller than the right one.

greendragon
12-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree, the anatomy would push out her arm a little more.

I love the loose, fiery feel of the brushstrokes and the color palette on this!

JCoop
12-29-2004, 04:04 PM
kareen, I can always count on your observant eye... you always notice when when I'm trying something new. I appreciate that... it's not lost on me. You happen to have a valid point here, and greendragon seconds the motion. We'll two great minds can't be wrong... I stand corrected on my anatomy snafoo! Thank you too, greendragon!... "fiery"... I like that word.

nancy_ellen56
01-02-2005, 12:00 PM
yes she does seem to have lost a breast...but what a great statement for breast cancer survivors..to show that life doesn't end with the loss of a breast...as the subject is obviously pregnant..A very beautiful work..love it...

TxAggieDarlin
01-05-2005, 10:58 AM
yes she does seem to have lost a breast...but what a great statement for breast cancer survivors..to show that life doesn't end with the loss of a breast...as the subject is obviously pregnant..A very beautiful work..love it...

True......you made a great statement!!

Fantastic painting, I really liked this one

mydrawingtablet
01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
love the warm tones, almost monochromatic, I like it a lot. Wish I could do skin tones like that.

KaBoom!
01-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey! That lady's naked AND pregnant!
:eek:
Just kidding!
Nice work.
Larry