PDA

View Full Version : Square Deal protection

Sandi
11-20-2001, 04:27 PM
Hi PayPal users. Is that "Square Deal" (not sure of exact name) a good deal? Would you recommend signing up for it? I tried comphrehending the fine print.. but I became confused over their notification rules. You have to notify them within 2 days .. but it has to be by slow mail? lol.
Other than that it sounded good to me. Any advice or tips?

CarlyHardy
11-20-2001, 11:41 PM
I'm not familiar with the "Square Deal". Is this something offered by PayPal? or another online service?
Where can we find the info on it?
carly

Sandi
11-21-2001, 05:53 AM
Hi Carly,
Yes, it's over at PayPal.
Log in at <b>PayPal</b>. Click on <b>Help</b>. Then <b>Auctions</b>. Then <b>Partner Services</b>. Then "What is the Square Deal Seal".

OR go directly to their website at http://www.squaretrade.com/ (I would rather give PayPal their partner percentage of the earnings though, and go through them.)

There are a few others listed in the <b>PayPal/help/auctions/Partner Services</b> list. They offer other services, such as <b>"Honesty Gallery"</b> which thumbnails all your auctions. (I don't know if from one site or all sites like Yahoo and Ebay) ...
And <b>Andale</b> which does all your auctioning for you. (Might come in handy on those horrible emergencies like hospitals or computer crashes. I didn't read the info, cost or time contract but will later)...

The <b>Square Deal Seal</b> services act as a <b>mediator</b> for you during those awful times everyone has to go through at least once in their life, like Lee is doing now. Plus a few other odds and ends, such as helping you with your <b>'comments' feedback</b> somehow.
I searched for Square Deal Seal users and found 1624 at Ebay, so it seems to be catching on little by little or going down hill in an avalanche. lol

~~~~
Oh man, the html code is off. arghh

Sandi
11-21-2001, 03:38 PM
Here's the Link to Square Deal Seal through Paypal help. I was tired and didn't realize help was on the front page before you sign in.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=281&loc=275

timelady
11-21-2001, 05:16 PM
I signed up for Square Deal when they had a free first month (they might still have that). After reading all the bumf I decided not to sign up because I couldn't afford the fee anyway.

It's for disputes and since I offer the money-back if the customer doesn't like it I couldn't imagine resorting to Square Trade. Take that into consideration for your own transactions - are you already purchasing insurance on your packages in case of damage or loss? Are you willing to take returns and refund the money (possibly including shipping costs if you add these to the auction amount)?

Tina.

Sandi
11-26-2001, 05:23 PM
Yes, of course, I offer money back guaran-darn-tee. BUT, if one of my auction sells flukes and sells for $250.00 ... I doubt it will be in my pocket for longer than that 3 day grace. :) Square deal helps to protect beyond that I think.. I don't know. I'll have to investigate.

OHHH!! I found the Square Deal Seal link on Ebay too. It's in the list of links at the bottom of your My Ebay's Seller's page. (I would still rather give paypal their commission, to help defray OUR paypal costs. :)