PDA

View Full Version : "Bird Man"

Gar
12-23-2004, 09:42 AM
"Bird Man"
Oil, Enamel, and pastels on Wood
Roughly 2 ft x 3 ft

Did this the other nite in the wee hours. I already gave it to my good friend Jeffrey. He deserved it. He is a quality friend. I have less quality friends than quality paintings these days. I did however get some photos before he took it home with him. -Still wet.

-Gar

Gar
12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
sum detailz..

Gar
12-23-2004, 09:47 AM
For a little larger view:
http://www.garbailey.com/imagehost/000_1336_M_low%20res.jpg

bestof
12-23-2004, 12:59 PM
excellent. I see BIG EYES.

jaymarvin
12-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Really nice work. Looks just busy enough for me. You did a great job in pulling this one off.

debbi_carr
12-23-2004, 02:24 PM
this seems so sad to me.

do you only give away your paintings? or do you sell them too?

debbi_carr
12-23-2004, 02:26 PM
this seems so sad to me.

I just look at it again...i think it's cause he looks like he just finished crying his eyes out.

Tamana
12-23-2004, 06:27 PM
"Bird Man"
Oil, Enamel, and pastels on Wood
Roughly 2 ft x 3 ft

Did this the other nite in the wee hours. I already gave it to my good friend Jeffrey. He deserved it. He is a quality friend. I have less quality friends than quality paintings these days. I did however get some photos before he took it home with him. -Still wet.

-Gar

Great size and spontenaity of color/design. I particularly like the white in this one. Many things manifest in the wee hours of the night that they wouldn't any other time, don't they? I wonder if it's the silence?

Amen and relating to the quality friends.

Bisco
12-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Rad! lucky bro..

interesting focus)es( .

WV.Artistry
12-26-2004, 08:52 PM
I have less quality friends than quality paintings these days.

-Gar

I've left too many paintings on the street with a little sign taped to it, "Free to Good Home", knowing there's a statistical probability it will end up in the dumpster. Friendships are like that too; a statistical probability . . and it's my own fault I have more fingers than all the friends I've had in this life.

Thanks for the inspiration -- I'll leave the paintings with the little sign in better places :)

Maybe the Birdman is a Phoenix.