PDA

View Full Version : Whats this technique

roachford
12-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Hi,

I was looking at some of the excellent work by the artist Marilyn Kirsch (profound) and came across one of her works which got me thinking about her technique. On the attached image, it seems that she has pained a light colour base, darker top-coat and then rubbed through to the lighter first layer....any thoughts??

tURBOCAT
12-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Very ethereal.

But I have no idea. You could be right. The only other thing I can think of is lots of glazing.

chandlerjr
12-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I put it in Photoshop and pumped it up on steriods--it is glazing.
Larry C.

roachford
12-23-2004, 04:48 AM
Hi Guys,

And thanks for the replies....As I'm still finding my way in certain aspects of my work, I was hoping that you might be able to elaborate on the glazing theory. Is glazing applied, purely to add a sheen to the finished painting, or can it be used to achieve the smooth blending of shades as per the above image?

R :confused: :confused:

debbi_carr
12-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I was looking at some of the excellent work by the artist Marilyn Kirsch (profound) and came across one of her works which got me thinking about her technique. On the attached image, it seems that she has pained a light colour base, darker top-coat and then rubbed through to the lighter first layer....any thoughts??

hm! perhaps! thanks for a great idea though.

Ron van den Boogaard
12-23-2004, 04:46 PM
... Is glazing applied, purely to add a sheen to the finished painting, or can it be used to achieve the smooth blending of shades as per the above image?

R :confused: :confused:
Both. and you can do more complex shadings than the one you showed.

Tamana
12-23-2004, 06:31 PM
I put it in Photoshop and pumped it up on steriods--it is glazing.
Larry C.

You got some splainin' to do...

debbi_carr
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
You got some splainin' to do...

LOL. boy you're funny.

Tamana
12-23-2004, 06:36 PM
:music: Leavin' on a jet plane..... :music: :wave:

Betcha can't wait.

debbi_carr
12-23-2004, 06:38 PM
:music: Leavin' on a jet plane..... :music: :wave:

Betcha can't wait.

heh heh heh...:music: going back to my family in kingston town ;) :music:

Anne H
12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
I also love her work. I think she starts with a light base as you thought and
adds deeper tone of the original base in areas and does alot of blending, I agree she must also use glazing. :wave: