PDA

View Full Version : The Pastel Journal Has Published . . .

Kathryn Wilson
12-21-2004, 05:07 PM
it's responses to the complaints voiced against it's Editorial regarding oil pastels. They did include a "correction" paragraph ". . . regreting that we made several statements that were incomplete and therefore misleading."

The letters from both Sennelier and Holbein were included, were well written, and to the point. They left no doubt as to how they felt about the Editorial, explained the properties and archivalness of OP's quite clearly.

There were two letters from individuals printed: one from Katherine Simmons and one from Sue.

PM me if you want more info.

siberart
12-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Kat - Sounds like they recanted but qualified it by stating they had made incomplete statements.. Anyway it was there as well as the letters. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will go to Barnes and Noble and at least read it. Not sure I will buy it!!!

Pat Isaac
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Kat, Glad they did something about their erroneous message. You must get your issue several days before me. This is my last issue coming this week. I'll be interested to read the letters from the manufacturers.

Pat

CarlyHardy
12-28-2004, 02:38 AM
I was really excited to get my copy of the PJ today from the mail box!! and so happy to read the editorial comments and the letters!

Sue, it's great that they used part of your letter (wish it had been all of it!) and Katherine's letter. I think both of you summed up well the thoughts from everyone!

In case some of you didn't see it, we're listed in the Pastel Societies section later in the magazine....YAHOO!!

carly

Pat Isaac
12-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Yes, I received mine yesterday and was happy to see the letters. I also was sorry they cut the letters from the readers.

I did see that our society was listed and hope that all this publicity will help us.

Sue, do you still want a copy? I can get it to you.

Pat

Dyin
12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Pat, if it isn't too big a hassle would really like to see it, I can get the Artist Magazine locally but not PJ. thanks!