PDA

View Full Version : WIP Diane and Jack

SaraD
12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Left the portrait-thingy for a while for an urge to paint some nature ;)
This is how far I got in 3 hours. Ill post more WIPs as I go along. And hopefully Ill have a finished piece as well to show eventually... The problem with me is though that I get fed up with the paintings when I am _almost_ finished....

Oils, Painter 9, 3 hrs

Yako
12-21-2004, 01:32 PM
I would leave the ocean alone with the beach it's reaally beautiful in itself. I can't believe you did this in only three hours!.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

JCoop
12-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Okay Sara... we're with you, and determined that you finish. Keep going!

SaraD
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
I really will try :D
But dont you ever feel that when you have reach a certain point and the details are almost there and its just the finishing touch that is needed, that you want to go on to the next one? I find that a the end of a painting when Ive learned some new techniques or refined the ones I have, that I want to start fresh (and maybe better :rolleyes: )

But Ill give it a go... Thanks for the cheering!

JCoop
12-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Believe me... I know the feeling all to well. It usually strikes me about mid way through... it's like I have ADD when it comes to painting sometimes. I summons my will and find a way to keep going... then at about 3/4's of the way through, I start to smell the finish line and get a second wind. I'd guess this happens to lots of artists... maybe at different stages in the process.

You're not alone.

SaraD
12-22-2004, 06:12 AM
Heres a WIP.
Time to move on to mr Nicholson...

SaraD
12-22-2004, 10:19 AM

JCoop
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Sara, that's Jack!...you're really nailing this one. Great job on the clothing too! You might want to tone down her teeth a shade or two. Nice!... I'll be back.

P.S. This is from the movie "Something's Gotta Give", right?