PDA

View Full Version : back to Monday class again

Ruth
11-19-2001, 07:12 PM
I was out of town one Monday, and the model didn't show up the next Monday:mad: Felt good to get back at it today. This is pastel on charcoal drawing paper, about 14" x 18"...

belladonna
11-20-2001, 12:05 AM
Absolutely wonderful!!! It really makes my day when I see new work of yours! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruth
11-21-2001, 05:54 AM
Thank you Belladonna! Thanks for looking and commenting.

Ruth

Wyobud
11-21-2001, 06:51 AM
This is so very good......Ruth.........Are you teaching this class?

It is such a pleasure to view your work.

BUD

kjsspot
11-21-2001, 11:26 AM
I like your work Ruth! What length of time did your model pose for this? Did you finish it there or take it home and finish it later?

Ruth
11-23-2001, 03:45 PM
Thank you Wyo and kj..

The models for our class sit for 20 minutes and then take a break, then another 20 minutes, and so on. Class goes from 1 to 4:00. We don't have a teacher, as such, it's just a group that gets together to share the cost of a model. We learn a lot from each other, though. :D

Ruth

kjsspot
11-23-2001, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Ruth
The models for our class sit for 20 minutes and then take a break, then another 20 minutes, and so on. Class goes from 1 to 4:00. We don't have a teacher, as such, it's just a group that gets together to share the cost of a model. We learn a lot from each other, though. :D

Ahhh. OK. That's like we do for the sculpture workshops. The longest pose I've ever had in my figure drawing classes is 30 minutes. Then they move to a different pose. I am really longing for some longer sessions, even with breaks. That would be great. I really like your portrait though. It is beautiful!

Manooch
11-28-2001, 09:26 AM
It's always a treat to look at your paintings. I love the way you bring light into your work.
It's kind of like magic!

joemajury
11-29-2001, 11:58 AM
You are still my no1 favourite here at WC, and this piece of work, shows once again, why !!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
;) ;)

Merriel
11-29-2001, 08:52 PM
Ruth: Beautiful piece. Thank you for letting us see it.

Leirrem2

stealth
11-29-2001, 09:46 PM
wow nice work ,what type of technique do you use to lay in the skin tones hatch or on the side of the pastel ,and what kind of pastels do you use and how do you handle your values i hope thats not to much to ask.:angel:

Ruth
11-30-2001, 07:17 PM
Thanks, y'all :D

Stealth, I love your tinyhead. To answer your questions... I use some el-cheapo pastels I got from a local art supply store, don't remember what brand they are, and some from WC's own Terry Ludwig, which are really nice. I use the side of the pastel to lay in big shapes, and I do some blending with the end of the pastel, and a little bit of hatching, hardly ever do cross-hatching. One of these days I'm going to remember to take my camera along and take some progress pics.:o

Ruth