PDA

View Full Version : Question: font preview in Adobe software with Mac

bigblackbox
12-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi, I recently got a Mac and am still getting it all figured out. I'm hoping someone can help me with this - google searches haven't. When I'm using Adobe software, like Photoshop, there is no preview of the different fonts. If I want to see what the font looks like, I actually need to make the change first - and that can be time consuming with tons of fonts and a poor memory.

In Word, though, there is a preview pane for the fonts. Is there any way to get this kind of preview within Photoshop and other Adobe applications?

Thanks.

DigitalDust
12-21-2004, 07:46 PM
BBB

I don't think Photoshop has a font preview option. Illustrator does:

With Illustrator open, go up to the menu bar, Illustrator>Preferences>Type and Auto Tracing and check the box to the left of the Font Preview Size option. (hilighted in yellow)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Dec-2004/34772-Pict.jpg

As for Acrobat and the like, don't now enough about them to tell you why Adobe doesn't offer the preview options.

Mac OSX.3 does have Font Book, a font management application, which does give you a preview of any font you've loaded there.

When I need to see what a font looks like, I just go to my app dock, open Font Book and browse to my heart's content! :wave: