PDA

View Full Version : Rencontre lumineuse

Esmeralinda
12-19-2004, 10:56 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-19-2004/52322_rencontre_lumineuse.2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Rencontre lumineuse
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 36X30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
About one each on the left side is missing in the picture. So please imagine that the tree is rooted.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything ?

Gilberte
12-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Rebirth of a coloriste.
Joli joli !
Soften the white in the trees a tad ? Maybe ?

Tamana
12-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Just gorgeous, Linda. My heart could get lost in those woods and never regret it. Your work contains the magic of light in it and causes me to yearn for dance to the music of nature.

Esmeralinda
12-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Merci Gilberte, Coloriste you say ? That's why I'm having so many problems painting a winter scene.

Thanks Tamana, please keep your heart with us.

Linda :wave:

Spyderbabe
12-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Lovely scene.... really draws you in.... I might suggest that the ultramrine blue be toned a bit, compared to the sophiscated green it has a bit of the 'fresh out of the tube' look.That said, I am really enjoying your work.

Wayne Gaudon
12-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I like the color combos but I find there is no depth .. the red in the back forest is the same color and value as the red in the front as well as the third tree in is the same as the front two .. perhaps a little less value and intesity in the middle and background would increase the dept.
Later,

Esmeralinda
12-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Thank you for your honest critiques, Spyderbabe and Wayne. The picture is quite brighter than the painting. But I do admit that I like exaggerating a little. It is the opposite of my nature in real life, so it's like an escape or whatever. I find it difficult sometimes to tone down (then I find I go the opposite way, too grey). I'll be working on that.

Thanks again.

Linda :)