PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 12/19/04 Show & Tell

Lori Peterson
12-19-2004, 04:41 AM
I am in the longest, crispiest, cracklingest, crustiest dry-spell I have ever been in since I started lampworking. *Sigh* Here's hoping the rains of creativity will fall and fill up my well of inspiration soon. You guys always help with that so here I am, begging for some inspiration!

These were made *just* before the well ran dry....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2004/12192-thecollectionmedium.jpg

Laurie L
12-19-2004, 05:00 AM
Lori I think that set is beautiful. Loads of fun colors and shapes. Love it !!

~Happy Holidays Everyone~
Laurie

campfirecreations
12-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone.... Imagine my surprise when I tried to come to WC and the server was DOWN..... I'm so glad it's back up so I can post then run to town for some last minute Christmas Shopping...

I have 6 sets... all square lentils
#1 Black with Silvered Ivory Dots
#2 Light Grey with Dark Pink Lines
#3 264 Ivory with Copper Green Lines
#4 Ruby Gold with Opal Yellow Lines
#5 Electric Yellow with 274 Violet Lines
#6 Peachy Coral with Light Silvered Plum

I made all of those yesterday... today I shop!
Have a great Sunday!

Dana

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
12-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Ah Lori, breeeeaaathe. Remake some of your old designs...something will come to you. And don't be too hard on yourself. :music: It's the most stressful time of the year. :music: It's hard to be creative when there are a million other things needing to be done. I'm kind of taking a break until 2005 for the same reasons.

Here's a simple set from me just because.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2004/16432-2004_1214d1.jpg

!ngridh
12-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I am in the longest, crispiest, cracklingest, crustiest dry-spell I have ever been in since I started lampworking. *Sigh* Here's hoping the rains of creativity will fall and fill up my well of inspiration soon. You guys always help with that so here I am, begging for some inspiration!

These were made *just* before the well ran dry....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2004/12192-thecollectionmedium.jpg

Well if that is what you do when you are in a creative dry spell... Let me come and experience it with you! There ain't nuttin wrong with those...And I think that this is the time for those bright beads...as we head into the darkest days of winter! Sorry I can't help...you look like you are doing just fine to me! :clap:

Dana your sets are just gorgeous...those should fly off the ebay shelves...and Lori...your work always inspires me. I wonder if you ever suffer from a creative block!!!

This was a good thread to wake up to! :clap:

rmg
12-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Dana, those beads are lovely! lori, hard to believe your uninspired! hope your "dry" spell passes quickly! I've also been wasting more glass than making good beads lately, (ugh) so am trying to work on my photos more! this one isn't bad, I think. cobalt, gold leaf,edp and raku stringer.
Rachelle.

Booger
12-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Lori,
YOU HANG IN THERE. One really cool thing about slumps is that they go away and you will be somewhere new when the well overflows again. I, too am in a really bad one - worse one yet and am waiting and living out my own words of advice. Maybe we should both try a "medical" bead! Or "mold inspirational themes!"

And Dana? Those ivory and turquoise pillows are GORGEOUS. Oooooooo, I am liking those much!

And LoriGreenberg? THAT BEAD! The second one from the top on the left?? Now that bead is just plain fun! I really like the off center dottage

Off To Study Mold..........Several Samples Available In The Frigerator.....
LET MY PEOPLE GO, You Nasty BLOCKAGE MONSTER!
Sheryll

Rosie2000
12-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Great work everyone. Love the squares, gonna have to try some of them today but will have to do them free-hand as Santa didnt bring me any glass tools :( But I do love what he's bringing me for Christmas in July. :evil:
Got a heart to share and then a fused art piece I entitled "It's so easy to see if you keep your eyes open" May the season be with you all year long :wave: :wave:

glasspat
12-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Lori, just send those beads to me to study :D That way you can start anew!!haha just kidding. Those are fabulous and perfect for springtime flowers, bugs and bees.

jeffwelsh23462
12-19-2004, 01:32 PM
kinda busy today so here are a few jeff made yesterday... hope everyone has a stressfree sunday!

Mary Jo Wolf
12-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Wow..Beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a great Sunday, and happy beading. You are all doing great work :clap: :clap: :clap:

No pain..no gain...keep working :clap:

CorvetteJuliet
12-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Beautiful everyone! Here's a hopefully indestructible bracelet for my Brother. He loves lampwork bracelets but insists on wearing them 24/7. The first two he broke. One the beadalon snapped and it sent him and his buddies fishing ivory and black little beads out of the gravel at the sidewak cafe Octoberfest they were visiting.... The second I had 2 strands, one broke where it went into the barrel clasp, but at least the beads held together on strand #2. :) That's coming back for overhaul. This one I used 18 gague sterling and a lobster claw. Weak link is the built in loop on the lobster claw. We'll see if it survives the Craig Torture Testing. :wink2: ~Juliet

CalmWaterStudio
12-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Nice work, guys!

Lori, your mind is just gearing up.. that's all. You have one of the most vivid imaginations around! Go ahead and stock up on glass, cause when those cogs start turning... watch OUT!

Hearts, hearts, hearts... I've fallen in love with hearts!!!

juliecab
12-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Lori,don't sweat it and enjoy the holidays. We all know how dry spells go! And we know that we come out of them too. I love your cutesy set that you made before the dry spell. Very Lori! I miss you, btw. How dee hell are ya?

Dana, very nice and precise pillows! I suck at pillows, but I love how they look!

Lori (beadnerd) great set, love the colors. Some of my favs for myself!

Many many great beads in here!

Here are my winestoppers. I have been making many of these b/c I always get lots of orders for these at christmas time. As long as I don't have too many of these to do, they are pretty fun.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2004/13938-winestoppers.jpg

Amozoo
12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
nice glass today, I'm still spinning with vertigo but found some time over the past 3 days to make these.

midniteburner
12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh Lori, we have all been through those "cement wall" blocks. Hope you will get your groove back soon.

Gorgeous beads folks.

Julie: Love your winestoppers!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Dec-2004/12611-burfl1.jpg

Sara

Lori Peterson
12-19-2004, 07:08 PM
I just cannot believe how wonderful you guys are!!! Thank you so much for your supportive, kind and uplifting comments.

Laurie - Thank you! Happy holidays to you too!
Dana - GREAT sets! I love the first one, so wearable! You are a master with that pillow shape. I STILL haven't gotten the hang of it. :rolleyes:
Lori - Ohhhhhmmmmmm. Ohhhhhhmmmmmmm. Thanks. I often forget to breathe. :D Your set is delicious. I love the shapes. JUST LOVE THEM!
Ingrid - Sweetie, you can come hang out with me anytime. Slump or no slump!
Rachelle - I think that bead turned out great! EDP and gold leaf are NOT easy to work with on their own, I shudder to think of trying to work with them together in the same bead! Congratulations!
Sheryll - Thanks, Hon. I'm hanging in there. Just. Medical bead, huh? Would a toof fairy bead count? I've been thinking of doing one with a cavity....
Rosie - Are you getting a mini Cooper??? Lucky! Those cars are sooooo cute!
Pat - Thanks so much! I'd be more than happy to send you a bead or three! PM me your address!
Jeff - What a great group of beads and an even greater group of kids!!!! Look at you, grinning from ear to ear! Have a great holiday!
Juliette - Good luck with the torture testing. That's a great bracelet! I hope it survives!
Gigi - Oooh, good plan. Buy more glass. I like it! I love your heart!!! It's wonderful!
Julie - I MISS YOUUUUU TOOOOOO!!!! Your wine stoppers are show-stoppers! I mean it! They are unbelievable!
Amoret - Vertigo? Yikes! Hope you feel better soon! Lovely beads!
Sara - Those daisies are adorable!

Thanks again to all! I really appreciate all the support.

Rosie2000
12-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Lori- yup....We're getting a burnt orange mini cooper s convertible just like the picture. Wont be here till July, just in time for summer on the Oregon Coast. :)

Would love to buy a mini cooper focal bead....Could you do it?? Mine so far seem to come out like car wrecks :D :D