PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Heart....

JCoop
12-19-2004, 12:37 AM
I've been working on this one since the spring time. It meant so much to me, that I kept waiting until I felt I've learned enough to finish it without the regret of not liking it in the end. This is me and my little boy. I held him when he was born and remarked that it was like holding my heart in my hands. I still feel that way...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2004/30872-springtime_norm.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2004/30872-springtime_cls.jpg

Digital on Canvas _Painter9

Yako
12-19-2004, 06:40 AM
What a cute little baby! His daddy looks be very proud of him. I like the bright colors you applied, i see you're style is changing a lot.

Elvira
12-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Joel. What a darling image, I love your use of colour in both your images of your son, they well express your love and joy in him!
Elvira

JulieBoyles
12-19-2004, 01:46 PM
This brings tears to my eyes Joel! I don't even have words to express the emotion this painting brings to me. :clap: :clap: :clap: Beautiful! :clap: :clap:

Congratulations!

Julie

keishamari
12-19-2004, 08:38 PM
What a wonderful father your son has! Beautiful.

Chiers
12-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Joel, fantastic painting! It certainly conveys your love for your child well.

I can deeply relate to your feelings. I am the grandmother of ten and have been right there to welcome eight of them into the world. It is hard to express those feelings and thoughts adequately, but you have done it.

SaraD
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Oh Joel.... This one is beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love the colors, and Ive seen the change in your latter paintings with your use of colors, and I love it. So free in spirit and yet so precise. Im deeply impressed. I looked up the painter you told us about, and I can see how you are on your way of using colors in a different way! And hes a good inspiration to you! Keep it up, and keep enlighten us with your wonderful paintings. You bring out the feeling in the moment!

angryangel
12-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Incredibly beautifully

justjean
12-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Joel I think your heart is showing in this one, beautiful painting and beautiful composition :)

JCoop
12-22-2004, 11:03 AM
My deepest, sincerest thankyou to all that took the time to reply to this one.
Of all the paintings I've ever done, this is one of my favorites. Not because I think it is particularly accomplished, but because it makes me feel good. I don't usually talk about my personal life, but I will tell you that this son of mine is a transplant survivor... he has been through quite an ordeal. I have such huge dreams for him... My wife and I want so much goodness for his life.

We also have a 23 year old son who is a Senior Mechanical Engineering Student.

So you see... we are very blessed. :angel:

Elvira
12-22-2004, 01:29 PM
A 23 year old son!!! I thought your were too young for that LOL! What a fortunate man you are!
Edie

wilderness
12-23-2004, 10:59 PM
really fantastic! i hope you print this out as large as the rez will allow. It deserves to be seen and enjoyed.

wild