PDA

View Full Version : An Honest Man

Tamana
12-18-2004, 06:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-18-2004/18021_An_Honest_Man.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: An Honest Man
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil Pastel
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: Truthful
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Michael-Ann
12-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Green greeen wonderful Tam & green! I like how you show movement in the turning head...so much undercurrent...thought provoking painting!

Wayne Gaudon
12-18-2004, 07:09 PM
very rich in color and I like the playful smiles.

Frida200
12-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I like the look in HER face very much! She seems very satisfied and comfortable with the attention she is getting... but in a very peaceful way.
So that gives it a very 'relaxed' atmosphere - I like it a lot!

Claudia

dornberg
12-18-2004, 07:25 PM
i like the looseness

jerryW
12-18-2004, 10:24 PM
works well enough
the tension toward the right side is fine.

Dhuot
12-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Now, it`s the honest man, before he was innocent.
Like a novel, but illustrated.

Tam, this is a nice counter-part to the other posted earlier. The man`s face shows a certain " assurance " !!??

And here`s that green again ;)

Lovely no no...lively

Moosehead
12-19-2004, 01:54 AM
It is indeed an honest man, or an honest portrayal of a man. In any event, an honest, and therefore laudable painting. You've provoked thought, which, to me, means a succcesful piece. :clap:

haaf
12-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Tam
you almost feel embarrassed for intruding in personal moment of others
good looking ......so devine
she is superb
lovely yellow splatterings
Caroline ;)

Dhuot
12-19-2004, 10:43 AM
:wave: allo Caroline

sorry Tam

:wave: allo Tam

ha ha ha ha :D

Gilberte
12-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Look back in anger ?
Look back for lust ?
Whichever way ...... 9,9 points out of 10 !

sugar tree gal
12-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Tam.. agree with Michael Ann thought provoking.. that is good.. :) Janice

Tamana
12-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Vowsah! Thanks, everyone, for your continued support and encouragement. I appreciate all of your shared time and your words so much.

Michael-Ann; Green has spoiled me rotten, hasn't he? ;) I'll never be the same with another color. I'm glad it provoked thoughts and I appreciate you saying such.

Wayne; Thank you for looking and noting. And to echo Kathleen...."WHAT'S GOING ON UP THERE?!" :cool:

Claudia; I'm glad you felt comfortable -- "peaceful" & "relaxed" were exactly two points I was going for; thank you so much for noting and saying. Society has painted things quite differently, hasn't it? So glad you liked it. Thank you.

Bob; New notation regarding my work, and one to remember and focus one some more: Thank you. Appreciate your time as always.

Jerry; Glad you noted the tension - wasn't certain if it was too much in comparision to the left. Glad to know it's not. Thank you for sharing your time and words. Appreciated muchly.

Daniel; Well...innocent normally is honest, no? :cool: One should always be assured in the presence of ... truth... :cool:. Ahh...green, yes. He's a playful one, he is. Keeps my attention fully. Thank you, per usual, for your unending encouragement and support. Always means so much to me.

Moosehead; Anais Nin once said you didn't see the world as it was, but as you were -- nice to know you recognized and were enthusiastic about the honest nature of the piece. Something tells me you're a pretty honest man too. Thank you for such nice words and for sharing your time to comment.

Caroline; LOL! Indeed...almost like walking by an open window. ;) Thank you for those wonderful words! I always appreciate your encouragement and support! This one felt really good to do and made me smile. Although, many would frown at the nature of it -- I think it's beautiful. Beauty is to be admired and well...who more likes to feel beautiful and admired than women? :)

Daniel; LOL! :wave: (again...) :D

Madame!! I can see you sitting and smiling while holding up one of those Olympian Scoring Signs the judges have!!!! I feel like I've just won the GOLD!!!! Thank you, thank you all so much...I'd like to thank mah mothah and ...wait...sorry, wrong speech wrong place!!! :eek:

Thank you, Madame!! :) You always make me feel special.

Janice; Thank you for looking and saying. Means a lot to me. :) Glad it provoked GOOD thoughts from within you.

Thanks again, everyone. MUCH appreciated.
~

Dhuot
12-19-2004, 09:40 PM
I like the look in HER face very much! She seems very satisfied and comfortable with the attention she is getting... but in a very peaceful way.
So that gives it a very 'relaxed' atmosphere - I like it a lot!

Claudia

Well ,Tam reading the above , made me go back and try to see it the way other saw it. And I`m fascinated by Claudia`s way to see art the way she sees it.

Claudia, I think you just see it right. non ??

yeah!

gayatrimanchanda
12-19-2004, 10:28 PM
I like the man's face/head very much and the scratchy style of the paint application.

Frida200
12-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Well ,Tam reading the above , made me go back and try to see it the way other saw it. And I`m fascinated by Claudia`s way to see art the way she sees it.

Claudia, I think you just see it right. non ??

yeah!

Daniel!
:o

... LOL...
isn't it interesting how different people see sifferent things? And how at different times, one and the same person sees different things?

I am in a very 'looky' mood these days... or weeks LOL... I could just look and look and look at art and see things... whatever that is, it is a very nice feeling. And Tams work is just so wonderful to look at! Tam: :clap: , really.

Dhuot
12-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Claudia, this is something you said " She seems very satisfied and comfortable with the attention she is getting "

So I went back at Tam`s painting and tried to see/guess what you were seeing, and I understand..... :cool: