PDA

View Full Version : Hi...I'm new

susme48
12-18-2004, 05:21 PM
:wave:Hi...I posted some stuff in the newbie forum...and they suggested I come here, since I haven't gotten the nerve to start any "real" painting yet. My daughter is encouraging me to try acrylics or oils, because she says if I can "paint" with a mouse, I can do it with anything. Yet so far I kind of like the convenience of using a puter since if I do something I like...a tree, an animal, a bird...or whatever...I can re-use it in another painting which would be next to impossible on canvas. Plus with the little time I have, I can come and go on the puter and don't have to deal with paint being too dry.
I am uploading two examples of using the same artwork in two different ways...from summer to winter, with alot less work...lol...let me know what you think...I am not sure I am up to the level of work I have seen in here so far...but I still have lots to learn....thanks !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2004/51170-winterlghthse.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2004/51170-lastlighthouse.jpg

GoldCoin
12-20-2004, 12:58 PM
HI Susan..

Delighted to see your work... and that you found us. This is a very busy time of the year, so the forum is less attended.

What programs are you working in?

susme48
12-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Thank you, GoldCoin...you're right, it is a busy time of year! I think I am almost ready tho'...just have to finish some iron-on-transfers for my son and hubby. I use Ulead's PhotoImpact program for my work. I haven't tried any others recently, since I know how to use PI. I cannot seem to ever get the others to work right...lol...so I think I will stick with what I know. My daughter and hubby are gonna get me to experiment tho...they got me acrylics and a Gouache Colour set, brushes, canvas board and an easel for Christmas...now all I need is some time...lol. My dad was artisitic and my middle daughter paints, but I always thought it skipped a generation...maybe not? Time will tell...thanks for looking at my work, and may you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.