PDA

View Full Version : Bead Cat - bragging on my niece

Becky Mason
12-17-2004, 02:28 PM
I just had to post this because I'm so proud of my niece Lauren for making him, and he is just SO DARNED CUTE!!! You see, Lauren, who is an incredibly generous 16 year old animal lover, makes these bead cats and sells them to raise money for the "no-kill" animal shelter where she volunteers in Houston. She really is an amazing young lady.

I made the cat head bead and gave it to her to make a bead cat for herself, and instead, she made this cute guy and gave him back to me. The hollow bead for the body was made by Lauren's mom, my sister Diane, who is also a lampwork artist. So this really was a family cooperative project.

Isn't he just the most adorable thing? I've got him proudly displayed on my Christmas tree right now, but after the holidays I'm going to hang him somewhere that I can see him often. He is about 6" tall and so original and creative.

I told Diane that she needs to send his picture into Crafters Coast to Coast and try to get them to do a segment on Lauren. I haven't seen any teenage artsists on the show, and I think it would be really cool to see Lauren on TV.

Thanks for indulging this proud aunt!

Becky

CosmicGW
12-17-2004, 03:12 PM
That is so original and very cool. I definitely think it would be nice to have a teenager with such great talent on HGTV.

Becky

swamperfolk
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Virginia L.
12-19-2004, 11:43 AM
That is one coooooooooooooooooool cat - Virginia :cool:

toozygoot
12-19-2004, 12:04 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I love every bit of him! And I think it's a great idea that Lauren be on CCTC! I don't watch every day but I would love to see something like this!

pat

AVCKimberly
12-19-2004, 07:44 PM
He is tool cool!!!!! My 8 year old daughter has started beading too, I haven't even thought about putting up some of her pics on WC. ::::::::::making a mental note:::::::::

Elena
12-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Becky,
Looks like the talent runs in the family!!
Elena!