PDA

View Full Version : TGIF 12/17 Show & Tell

Briatha
12-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Goody I get to start again today :p

I love the Irish Spring Canyons Lentil set :D
The other 2 lentil sets are Denim Raku Cascade and Purple Denim.

G&S Lampwork
12-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Lovely beads once again Faith! This is one of the sets I pulled out the kiln this morning. I started on the torch very early this morning, as it reached 95 degrees today, oh I really don't like summer!
This is a set made out of Spectrum and gaffer frits.

Teri.p
12-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Faith, I think your Irish Spring Canyons set is my favorite of yours ever - very striking!

Lorraine - I feel for you; torching in hot weather isn't much fun. I surely do like your pretty beads - the blue flowers made me smile.

These pillows were made using Raku Shards I got from Val and clear glass. The photo doesn't show the depth very well - they came out kinda cool.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/23019-040984a.JPG

Teri

angelina74
12-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Love the Irish Spring set!
Need to get me some Spectrum too pretty.
I haven't tried shards yet, but those are cool looking!

Here are a couple of my latest. It has been awhile since I have done a show and tell...

Tomsanctuary426
12-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Happy Friday morning everyone!!! :clap:
Here are a few beads that Tom has made over the past few days.
Have a good day,
:) Tom & Karen :)

swamperfolk
12-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I am sooooo happy with this set from last night - raku and rubino. The natural beads top and bottom look awesome with it. Wait a minute, my arm is twisted from patting myself on the back. :) Terrible pic - there is no sunshine here today.

Lovely stuff everyone but the Spring Canyon screams.

jeffwelsh23462
12-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Good friday everyone. Jeff made 2 pendants and 3 bracelets last night, here they are. Everyone's glass looks awesome! Would love to comment on everyone's but I have a busy friday am ahead. Hope everyone has a SUPER DUPER FRIDAY! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

pearsonglass
12-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Here is a set from this week. I am enjoying working on the smaller beads, but it is harder on my hands. Also here is a kaleidoscope bead done Brad style. All of it is moretti, no fancy techniques.

Brad Pearson

CalmWaterStudio
12-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Great work today, everyone!

Jeff and Tom, you guys make me want to get into working with boro!

I love everyone's work today.. just wonderful!

I've been working on focals.. not really getting them where I want yet... the first one, STILL trying to learn to make those twistie beads I love so much, the second an organic tabular, the third, experimenting with encased frit ~ melting some in... leaving some unmelted, then encasing.

Rosie2000
12-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Great work everyone. :clap: Cant wait to try the raku and put a wildwoman twist on it. Everyone is having so much fun with it. I have another boro wildwoman heart to show that will soon be designed into a wonderful wearable art neck piece. I love the way the boro colors speak to all the natural stone colors. It is such a given that they need to be together. Will show the finished product once I'm done. Should be able to get to it today. Happy Friday. I'm celebrating doing all my Christmas shopping yesterday and it all just fell in to place and we even had time to go see a double header movie, Oceans 12 and National Treasure. :wave:

AMR GlassWorks
12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Whoa!!! Another great S/T started today!! Everyone's done a great job as always!! :clap: Brad, I see you are coming to Texas this coming year!! Can't wait to meet ya at Molly's! I can't seem to stop playing with these colors yet! :D I've had lots of requests to make more in these colors of the 1st set. I had fun with silver and frit in the 2nd set. :D

Foofaraw
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Everything is gorgeous this morning, as always I might add! Just a quick post from me, another tile set, these things are super addictive!

Becky Mason
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
It's been a while since I've posted any S&T's, but I've been here looking almost every day. I love seeing all of the different styles that you each have. I'll comment on a few of my favs, but they are all wonderful!

Briatha - I agree with Teri that your Irish Spring Canyons is my favorite set of yours so far. Lovely!

Ann - Both sets are great, and so different. I never get tired of the reactions you get with the rubino and opal yellow (that is the combination, right?) And your blue set made with silver and frit is just lucious!

Jenn - I saw a set of your square tab a few days ago and immediately went to Amy's site and ordered the mold. I love the shape, and you have a great eye for colors and designs. I can't remember ever seeing a set of your beads that I didn't love!

Here is my meager offering today. I've been away from the torch for several weeks doing jewelry shows and getting ready for Christmas. Last night I was going to torch for several hours and then I remembered that the season fianle for The Apprentice was on at 8pm, so I only had time for 1 big focal. This was made with the XL lentil from Zoozii. It take forever to wind on this much glass. This bead measures almost 1 1/2" in diameter. :eek: I made the core from scummy Moretti clear so that I didn't use up 2 rods of expensive copper green. I always do this on my larger focal beads as a way to use up the 10 lbs of scummy clear that I bought 3 years ago, and to save my good stuff. The surface decorations are made with mercury blue frit stringer (from Val Cox). I just love how the stringer reacts with the copper green to form an intricate geometric pattern.

Becky

theonlyduda
12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another fabulous day!!! I just love them all!! :clap:

Here is a bracelet I made with a new idea I had of making glass charms... It is the same technique as the Jinx heart tutorial except scaled down to charm size for a bracelet and it is just fun! :)

CorvetteJuliet
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Nothing new for me to post. But I did want to say WOW! There is some beautiful artwork in this thread today. :D Thanks for sharing the inspiration everyone! ~Juliet

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
12-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm really enjoying those zoozii tiles. Nice and chunky! I guess these would be considered 'old school' these days. Basic rounds with stripes and dots. But I guess round never goes out...they sold in a heart beat. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/16432-2004_1214a1.jpg

Iona
12-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Nice show & tell, but seems to take forever to load with so many big photos. Iona

pearsonglass
12-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Whoa!!! Another great S/T started today!! Everyone's done a great job as always!! :clap: Brad, I see you are coming to Texas this coming year!! Can't wait to meet ya at Molly's! I can't seem to stop playing with these colors yet!

Wow news travels fast. Molly and I just decedied on a date Wednesday. She must get the word out fast. I am really looking foward to this class. I have never been to Texas before.

Brad

AMR GlassWorks
12-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Brad I got the email yesterday for her 2005 class schedule. Sept is a good time to come down but it's still pretty warm! :D

JodiPrice
12-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Jenn, I think your squares are my favorite this morning, very pretty!
Everyone else has some great work too!

I have a few to share today, just got these out of the kiln this morning
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10644-Fairhaven.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10644-LilywoodFocal.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10644-StarhurstFocal.jpg

All of these are made with silver leaf and transparents in blues, purples, and amber.

rhapsodyfirebeads
12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Wonderful work today! I am amazed at all the talent here!
Here's some fun with black and white. I can't figure out to just attach images, argggg.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/30368-yyy06.JPG

SPIglass
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Such beautiful stuff here today!!! Here's a few of my newest ones.

--Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10616-luminousmatrix1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10616-evolution1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/10616-goldensparkle1.jpg

Onalee
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Becky you should be ashamed of yourself showing a meager little bead like that. All I can say is wow! I just want to run downstairs and see if my torch can get that affect with those colors. Your bead design is unique and so perfectly done. Great job. Onalee

Onalee
12-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Jody, I love your last two beads. I've been dying for months to get that effect and have been too shy to ask. Would you be willing to tell me how you do it? Onalee

Katiefl
12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Pretty beads everyone!!! Love that focal Paulette!!

A couple sets from me today...

JodiPrice
12-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks Onalee, just sent you a private message on instructions.

kybeadmaker
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Great beads today. Lori, I agree with you...round is always "in". I love your beads !
I made some beads out of Glassdaddy purple...I just love that color...I love all things purple !!:)

thing_what_squeeks
12-18-2004, 02:10 AM
Oh the purple!

I'm a sucker for anything purple. It's really amazing that I manage to do anything with the glass that isn't purple. I really like the little flowers on them too.

Daphne of Dilluvian
12-18-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm really enjoying those zoozii tiles. Nice and chunky! I guess these would be considered 'old school' these days. Basic rounds with stripes and dots. But I guess round never goes out...they sold in a heart beat. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2004/16432-2004_1214a1.jpg

Those are great! I had someone ask me if I could make tartan beads (sure, just whip one right up for ya). Yours are actually quite close. I guess it might be possible after all.

sislonski
12-18-2004, 03:41 AM
Paulette,
That first bead of your set of three is SOOOO AMAZING! I absolutely love it! Nice job!

shari