PDA

View Full Version : You gotta have friends....

JCoop
12-16-2004, 12:18 AM
My kid with just a few of his closest and most trusted friends...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/30872-jax_friends_norm.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/30872-jax_friends_cls.jpg

Digital on Canvas _Painter9

Elvira
12-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Joel this is a jewel of a painting I love the way you have used so many bright colours without overwheleming the whole! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Edie

ponting
12-16-2004, 02:17 AM
I can't believe what astonishing results you get....Bravo :clap: Dianna

JulieBoyles
12-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh Joel, this is just lovely! Your colors are wonderful and I love the pose and expression! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This brushwork. . . . OK I have to say it. . . .(pounding fists on the table and weeping) You are driving me crazy with this brush!!! :evil: I absolutely love it and I can't get it! Every time you post something I diligently get to work trying to get my brushes to work like this and I just can't get it! :crying: :crying: (wailing now) Seriously, I can almost touch the paint it is so good! Sigh, back to work for me!

By the way, Dianna, I am a big fan of your work! It's nice to see you here in the digital forum!

Great job Joel as usual! :clap: :clap: and Congrats,

Julie

JCoop
12-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Edie, so glad you like the balance in the colors... if I'm not careful, things could get out of hand, fast!

Dianna, what a great comment. Thanks.

Julie, now dry your pretty little eyes... I often a fair amount of different brushes. For this one I tried to be disciplined and just use a few. I settled on the Artist Oils Category... I used two variants... the Clumpy Brush and the Wet Brush. I played around with the settings on these constantly so I can't really give you an exact account. I didn't stray too far though from the defaults. Julie, you sure know how to make an artist feel good!

Thanks all!

themanda
12-16-2004, 12:15 PM
just wonderful! perfect palette of colors for a little boy. a precious little boy, at that! :clap:

cadman
12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
That's a beautiful painting. What do you mean "Digital on Canvas?"

Chiers
12-16-2004, 02:44 PM
I love this Joel. What a terrific keepsake this one will be! It is a bit looser than your usual isn't it. You are so multi talented when it comes to your art.

Yako
12-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Beautiful image. :) :clap: Perhaps i'm wrong but the brushstrokes you used this time was different. Is the impasto one? Also this time you painted more in blocks, less smudge.

keishamari
12-18-2004, 02:24 AM
Aww, Joel
And he looks like he must have been watching them on TV too?
Yes, this was different...but also beautiful. So expressive.