PDA

View Full Version : Wed 12/15 Show & Tell

CorvetteJuliet
12-15-2004, 02:27 AM
Good Morning! :D It's just about bedtime for me, but definately Wednesday! Here are two of my recent bead sets... soon to go up on eBay. The first one is called Urban Jungle - for the Friday casual days when you see a sea of denim and khaki colored pants. ;) The second set is called Amber Elegance. It was my first attempts at playing with silver foil and making silvered ivory stringer. ~Juliet

Briatha
12-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Juliet both sets are mouthwatering!

FiredDesires
12-15-2004, 03:20 AM
A quick post before running off to bed. This is ragu frit on Lausha clear, rolled in pixie dust and then stringer clear trail.

SELSEY
12-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

It's not quite midnight here yet, but by the time I get around to posting tomorrow it will be afternoon.

Great beads Juliet, your pictures are so crystal clear.

Here is a new design for me that I've been working on for awhile. I am really happy with the way they turned out. :clap:

margaretz
12-15-2004, 04:05 AM
Juliet, Katharine, and Sheryl: What lovlies!!!
Juliet: I'm especially fond of the amber and black set... fabulous shapes, excellent first try with silvered stringer!

Here's two recent sets... earring/focal sets for "wishes" from a customer... I almost never do finished jewelry other than simple wire-worked pendants, so these are *small* step outside my norm...The turquoise set is a "Talisman" series bead, with crushed aventurine, enamel, and stringer. The green set is all frit... (edit: the photos are a little dark, sorry- they were taken on the fly)Have a great day!

G&S Lampwork
12-15-2004, 06:10 AM
Lovely beads everyone! Here is one set I pulled out the kiln this morning.
It's bullseye ivory, silver leaf and translucent teal, with neo-lavender flowers.

thing_what_squeeks
12-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Here is a bracelet that I finished for my Supervisor's 2 year old granddaughter. He liked the jewelry that I made for my Step-mom so much that he had to have one. He hasn't checked yet to see if it is going to be long enough, anyone know the average size of a 2 year old's wrist?

rmg
12-15-2004, 07:27 AM
good morning all! :wave: lovely work, as usual! I especially love the water colour beads from Sheryl! and that bracelet's cute! these are new for me," transparent chunks" clear and pale violet, raku stringer and white; they're irregular chunky shapes, square-ish, triangular-is, etc!

nursekatie
12-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Wowzers....you guys have a wonderful thread going!! Gorgeous work from everyone!! I am running late.....couldn't get this thread to come up for me earlier!!

Just 2 for me today. This tangerine bead is really pretty!! The swirled tube is awesome in person...but I couldn't get a good photo of it!

jeffwelsh23462
12-15-2004, 08:24 AM
awesome beads this AM! Here's a few things from me, 2 bracelets and 1 pendant. have been trying to finish all christmas orders, seems everyday there is s a new one and you can't tell anyone no! hope everyone has a terrific day.

Foofaraw
12-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Juliet ~ great job with the silvered ivory!
Catharine ~ I don't know what Ragu frit is (:)) but it sure is nice looking!
Cheryl ~ those are gorgeous!!! It's like a painting leaped off it's canvas and onto your beads!
Margartez ~ always love your beads!
Lorraine ~ those are great!
Tara ~ very cute. Just make sure they are aware of the choking hazard or you could be liable!
RMG ~ nice!
Katie ~ that top one looks like it's got something hidden in that bubble that makes me want to peak!

Here is my current set 'Snozberries'. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't capture the true color of this set. And it's hard to describe as well,
it's a peachy, pinky, salmony color. And I used the Zoozii tile press, which became one of my favorites yesterday!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/19877-Snozberries.jpg

Mr.Smiley
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
I was going through some old pictures and I came across this marble I made a while back. I really like it and wanted to share it with you guys. It's boro.

amayita
12-15-2004, 09:22 AM
too busy here to actually do much but I did play with hearts some more. Today is the day I will get on the torch! I PROMISE! lol

Beautiful stuff guys! LOVE that marble Smiley!!!

littlecrow1
12-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Serious Boro Envy!!! :evil: Beautiful Beads everyone!

This is a funky little flower but I love the odd coraly orange with the Pink combo ....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198915&stc=1

pearsonglass
12-15-2004, 09:52 AM
I have been having some fun with these face beads. It is a nice break from x-mas production stuff.

Brad Pearson

CarlaAlexander
12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
These aren't today's beads but I haven't had time to post anything for so long I wanted to play. I have been looking but haven't had much time to actually make anything lately. I had a day a bit back where I got back into the eyes and that was really fun. They are all horse eyes and have a horizontal pupil.

snootyvixen
12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Nothing spectacular for me - these are for my girls HeadStart teachers and some of the support staff for Christmas.

The blocks represent the HeadStart logo, and motto Upward and Equal (http://www.heartlandheadstart.org/upward.htm) - and yes, there are chill marks in the blocks. I couldn't get them out without ruining the shape! LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/14836-headstart.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/14836-keychains.jpg

Vikki

CalmWaterStudio
12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Beautiful beads today, everyone!

Mr. Smiley, that marble is magnificent!

Here are a few kitties from me...

beadsbybrat
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Wow everyone! Great stuff this morning!

Juliet: Those are beautiful! I really love the first set!
Catharine: Beautiful Bead!
Sheryl: GORGEOUS! Those are stunning!
Margaret: WOW! Those are great! I love the earrings on the second set.
Lorraine: OOO! The flowers are such a pretty color!
Tara: Great bracelet! I Have made baby bracelets before but I have no idea on the size of a 2 year old. :confused: :)
RMG: Great colors!
Katie: I LOVE that first one!!!!
Jeff: I LOVE those bracelets! You do a great job!
Jenn: What a funky set! I love it!
Mr Smiley: That is a stunning Marble!
Amayita: Those hearts are Gorgeous!!
Deb: What wonderful flowers!
Brad: Cool! That middle one is awsome!
Carla: Great eyes!!
Vikki: What a cool idea! I am sure they will love them, chill marks and all! :D
Gigi: I am in love with your cats!!!!!!!! They are so cute!

Be happy everyone!!

the brat

JodiPrice
12-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Mr Smiley.. your marble definetly was the highlight for the S&T for me today, what a beauty!!! It reminded me of a sea anome.

koregon
12-15-2004, 12:48 PM
mine for the day, I was thinking valentines...the month my grandbaby is going to be born...they say its a girl....but that is only the ultrasound tech saying so...but thats the plan...a girl...so "Pretty In Pink"....hey...its not raining...the sun is out...gotta run :D

have a great day everyone!

Lara
12-15-2004, 12:55 PM
There are some lovely beads today. I have 2 white and purple beads today. White Moretti with Val's gold purple frit.

Lara

Teri.p
12-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Very nice stuff today!

More shard beads - this time Raku and Opal Yellow:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/23019-040979.jpg

Teri

thing_what_squeeks
12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm feeling the need to acquire some tangerine glass after seeing all these neat colors today. I love the S&Ts, everyone's beads are so inspirational.

beachbeads
12-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Juliet, Katharine, and Sheryl: What lovlies!!!
Juliet: I'm especially fond of the amber and black set... fabulous shapes, excellent first try with silvered stringer!

Here's two recent sets... earring/focal sets for "wishes" from a customer... I almost never do finished jewelry other than simple wire-worked pendants, so these are *small* step outside my norm...The turquoise set is a "Talisman" series bead, with crushed aventurine, enamel, and stringer. The green set is all frit... (edit: the photos are a little dark, sorry- they were taken on the fly)Have a great day!
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your post and I loved the article you wrote for laoidary Journal, it was easy to read and follow directions.

SPIglass
12-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Oh wow! Such pretty stuff here today!!

Katie-- Love that orange bead!! Gorgeous!
Mr. Smiley-- Oh my! That marble is stunning!
Amaya-- Beautiful hearts..the first one with the flower is my fave!
Deb-- Love your funky little flower! The colors are gorgeous!
Brad-- Jaw-dropping face beads :D Way cool!!!

Here's a couple of my latest. My hubby was on vacation last week and I had trouble convincing him that I wasn't! LOL! Which, of course, meant I couldn't get on the computer much, but I'm finally back on Ebay as of last night. YEA!

--Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/10616-fromabove1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Dec-2004/10616-redraspberryribbons1.jpg

Flower7
12-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Mr. Smiley, all I can say is WOW! :clap: How did you ever do that? Are those little air bubbles at the end of the spikes? Do you still have the marble?

AVCKimberly
12-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Oops, I posted these on the wrong day. Here they are again.

I LOVE everyone entries today. What nice beads. May I have them please? LOL

Here are mine....

Mr.Smiley
12-15-2004, 09:51 PM
They are little air bubbles and NO... sadly, I sold it on Ebay a while back. I told PyroArron that it was my first and only of that style. I nailed it the first time and was afraid to make another because I didn't want to be disapointed. - LOL

I did some others kind of along the same line... Poking and then imploding... I'll post more pics of those if I can dig them off my hard drive or an old burned CD. If I get feeling better and the cold wind passes, maybe I'll do some more marbles soon. It's been a while. Thanks for all the compliments. You are too kind. :)

Take care - :wave:

Amozoo
12-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Nice marble for sure! Lots of nice glass today. I've had a second day of dibilitating vertigo, no glass today! Maybe tomorrow.

gwacie
12-15-2004, 10:45 PM
What a great S&T! I'm very impressed not only with the beautiful glass but also the quality of many of the photos. B-E-U TIFUL (I know, the A is not in there, it's a phonetic thing)

AVCKimberly
12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Bethany,

I say that too.....from Bruce Almighty. LOVED that movie! GMTA!!