PDA

View Full Version : new poster...question about work

christyc82
11-18-2001, 01:59 PM
I'm a Sophomore in college majoring in Illustration. This is the first pen and ink I've ever done. I used the hatching and cross hatching for this drawing. It is about 20x30, and not quite finished. I still have to make a lot of areas darker. Because I had to take this with a digital camera, it is a little darker than in person. Also, I have spent about 15-18 hours on this work so far. In unfinished quality it earned me an A in my drawing class, the first A that I've ever been given. Teachers are so critical of works...what do you guys think?

NorahT
11-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Hi Christy - thank you for posting. I have done very little pen and ink , so am not in a position to critique. I think you might do better to post this in the illustration forum, as the pen and ink is very quiet, with posters tending not to comment on one another's work. Good luck with the illustration course :)

christyc82
11-18-2001, 08:01 PM
thats cool. I was just wondering what others thought about my work. I really liked working with the pen and ink, and want to learn to do more.

sherville
11-18-2001, 11:24 PM
Hi,
I like this very much. I think you are very good with the ink. This picture has a really nice feel/atmosphere to it.

The illustration forum can be as dead as this one, but there are some professional illustrators who pass by there quite often (just no one posts anything new in there very often) You might like to post this there, you might get a more in-depth critique. :)

Congratulations on the A!!