PDA

View Full Version : Opening an Ebay store, Thank you Eliza

Lady Rando
12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I read in Eliza's thread "Oh My" about her plans to keep her original art in her store only and put prints up for auction. I sat and thought about that a bit and realized (actually always knew) what a very smart lady our Eliza is. :)

So Eliza, I hope you don't mind my following your lead but I'm taking your wonderful advice and doing the same. I was going to wait til mid Jan to reopen my store but heck, now is as good a time as any!

Thank you Eliza for being such a smart lady and giving what I believe is very sound advice! :clap: :D

laurali
12-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm doing that more & more too. The larger pieces aren't moving and the listing fees mount up fast if you start over $50. I thought I'd switch to listing mostly small, quick pieces & prints at auction.

Good luck with your store, Tamara!

Laura

TeAnne
12-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Are prints popular? I can't seem to sell mine when I move them to auction now and then.

ElizaLeahy
12-15-2004, 02:36 AM
"what a very smart lady our Eliza is"

Good grief! I'm glad you can't see me, I'm blushing! heehee

Thank you, that's a really nice thing to say.

Of course, in 12 months time when we are just as broke you might change your mind!

In the mean time, only possitive thoughts :)

I'm not listing anything until after Christmas now.

laurali
12-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi TeAnne,

In my very limited experience, they aren't as popular as originals. However, they do a couple things for me...I can offer more items, and at lower prices (I don't paint as fast as some are able to). They also may help bring people into the store to look for originals (and I'm keeping my listing fees down from what I'd have to open bidding on for those).

I try to get across in my listings that the prints are limited edition and come right from the artist--these aren't something they'll see in Penney's. And often, people do buy for the image more than the medium. Even if the medium is print.

I switched to SRA/Reproduction/Prints/Giclee instead of Prints/Giclee. I suspect the SRA category would give the prints a better chance of being seen.

I also use them for venues where I'd like to maintain a presence but that I don't feel is promising enough to tie up the originals. If those sites pick up, I can move the originals over there.

Laura

Are prints popular? I can't seem to sell mine when I move them to auction now and then.