PDA

View Full Version : Making Slides

jungleX
12-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi all,
I have a question about making slides of your artwork. I never made any 35mm slides, they have always been digital. There is a show I'm going out for and they require 35mm slides. Dose anyone have any techniques, or ways they make up slides. I have a camera and tri-pod. Any ideas will help me out.

Thanks,
Jay

kasunart
12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
If you've already shot digitals, just go to www.slides.com and have them made from your digitals. Otherwise, youre gonna have to do it the old school way, and bracket your exposures, get perfect alignment, etc. and probably waste alot of slide film for the few that look good. Everyone I know who's used slides from digital has been happy with them.

Tamana
12-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Appreciate the link, Kasunart.

jungleX
12-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the link. I think I will go that route. It will be a lot easier.
Jay

kasunart
12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
I've had a local photo place do this for a batch of slides, they were more expensive than slides.com but I didn't know any better at the time. They turned out great, even better than I would get if I shot them.
I called Slides.com the other day to ask a question (whether or not to size the image with a black background, or send them the image as is...just send it as is, thier machine gives the empty space a black background by default). They were friendly and helpful. There are other places around the web that also do this but are more expensive.

WeiQi
12-15-2004, 02:36 PM
This slides.com place is great. They are lightning fast, very inexpensive, and I'm amazed with the quality.

idylbrush
12-15-2004, 03:04 PM
This slides.com place is great. They are lightning fast, very inexpensive, and I'm amazed with the quality.

Slides .com is OK. I have had a several bad experiences with them to include double sets of slides and therefore double fees, lost sldies, not returned phone calls and longer than expected turnaround time. So, some find them good and others find them OK. There are several others out there that are about the same price and better service. A matter of experience. I find their customer service to be either terribly slow or non existent. Try looking at google and type in slides from digital files or digital slides and see where it leads.

Angie1973
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Great post b/c I was going to ask, too. However....

Hcowdrick, I noticed you were sour with slides.com. Do you have any particular company you use? I know you said to search...but do you?

idylbrush
12-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Great post b/c I was going to ask, too. However....

Hcowdrick, I noticed you were sour with slides.com. Do you have any particular company you use? I know you said to search...but do you?

I wouldn't say sour but I would say cautious. I have found another company that has so far been customer friendly, cost effective and so far has been prompt on their delivery. They also answer the phone and return calls when requested.

www.expressdigitalimages.com is a start. I think you might try a few and then make a decision from there.