PDA

View Full Version : bird thingy

earthbot1
12-14-2004, 08:19 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-14-2004/47149_bird3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-14-2004/47149_bird_detail.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: bird thingy
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Paper
Dimension: medium
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I managed to do something with it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
chirp

Tamana
12-14-2004, 08:28 AM
:clap: Chirpin' back'atcha!!!! The CAT is priceless (waves at Mikey)!!!! And the tree is yellow!!! Yay!!! I love your yellow trees....they are a part of your signature to me. This is very pleasing to the eyes, Asimo. :) The palette seems primary which adds a touch of childlike simplicity; the design is yet again childlike, but with that mature touch of artistry to it - again, like you grew up and remembered how to be a child again (thinking the Picasso quote here). The perspective is like I'm another bird taking a turn to come in for a landing beside him on that wire -- and the world tilts and turns.

Well done. REALLY like the greens grounding solidly the composition as a whole.

Esmeralinda
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Bonjour,

I like the originality of this painting. Also has a "Naf" touch which always captures my attention.

Linda :wave:

chelista
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
This bird will coo, I think, not chirp... partly with pleasure at starring in this painting, and partly because it's a pigeon :)

Tamana on the other hand has (unintentionally?) portrayed the crossbill, a peculiar bird if ever I saw one.

Apologies if I'm being too ornitho logical. I'm inspired to try some magpies.

Gilberte
12-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Gracious fairytale like painting.
Bird needs breadcrumbs his little belly is too flat !
Cute, those three trees behind the roof ......

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
This is very beautiful. I saw the drawing and thought the black cat (shape) was a nestling with open mouth wating for food but now that the colors are there the shapes are explicit. :clap:

the light on the tree is right to left while the coloring on the house behind the tree is left to right .. intentional ??

Michael-Ann
12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
What a delight to see this painted!!!! The bird on the wire safely smiles as the wilds of the world drop away from his feet. This be making me wear a big grin right ch'eah, right now, up in Humble, Texas.

cadman
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
This is wonderful. I like everything about it.

This painting seems to be a direct and intimate perception of and reaction to the subject. The skewing of perspective and the lines of the buildings makes it all move and so become real.

dornberg
12-14-2004, 10:30 PM
several shapes repeat

haaf
12-15-2004, 04:26 AM
several shapes repeat

Yes they do and I like the concept and it offers endless possibilities to do more......... building-shapes; tree-shapes;cloud-shapes;animal-shapes etc......, all lovely ingredients for an ammount of play.

I think you are a able to make the comp look like the elements fit less forced, I know that with your design ability in mind.
Caroline;)

Rabbit Twilight
12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
I love this! Especially like the cloud shapes, like eggs......or they might be eggs! That's what makes this painting fun.