MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-14-2004/52322_Cher_Sol.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cher Sol
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: Large
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
A wonderful personality is Sol. He is a French humour monologuiste. A very smart clown with amazing language twisters. I own a book of his monologues and will go see his spectacle next March. Just to say, I really love this "Clochard"!

I used my palette knives again for this painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything ??? on his expression, (used a picture in my book),

Tamana
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
:clap: I love him!!! (he wears green!! how could I not?!) Oh those hands are perfecto!!! The blue patch on his sleeve is priceless and ties into the neck wonderfully. And his expression is just terrific. I just adore everything about this, even the subtle outlines of his hair. Another lovely piece, Linda. :)

Esmeralinda
12-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Good morning Tamana,

We seem to be following each other in our postings. Nice feeling ! I feel even more a part of this great group.

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy you like him because he is really unique. This painting was aunctioned at a Muscular Dystrophie fund-raiser event. I thaught he was a good choice.

Bonne journée !

Linda :wave:

Gilberte
12-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Linda, I'm simply smitten by this portrait. The eyes ......... WOWOOWOWOW!

How come I never heard of Sol ?

Your oils always look comfortably painted :envy:

Esmeralinda
12-14-2004, 09:16 AM

Marc Favreau is his real name. He started out when I was just a little girl (not so long ago :D ). I would watch him on TV in a child program called: "Sol et Gobelet", Gobelet being his clown room-mate. Then went on as a solo performer. I do not know if he ever went overseas with his monologues ?

Oh! thank you so very much for your nice comments. Appreciate it !

Mikey
12-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Linda, the eyes have it for me here, as I see the real man looking through me as I were almost transparent. I believe the Motley Fools where often the most intelligent of men.

Mikey

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Love it .. especially the Van Gogh type background .. wonderful pop.

Gilberte
12-14-2004, 01:22 PM

Marc Favreau is his real name. He started out when I was just a little girl (not so long ago :D ). I would watch him on TV in a child program called: "Sol et Gobelet", Gobelet being his clown room-mate. Then went on as a solo performer. I do not know if he ever went overseas with his monologues ?

Oh! thank you so very much for your nice comments. Appreciate it !

I see Linda, at first I understood he was French (France) but it seems he is a French speaking Canadian :)

earthbot1
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow, this is very nice. That green and blue just take me away. Don't know much about the subject...but it is painted wonderfully.

Dhuot
12-15-2004, 12:37 AM
:music: :music:
:music:

Sol et Gobelet sont de drole de pistolets.....

:music:
:music: :music:

Ah Linda, When I was a kid, I ust loved them. It was, for me , the best tv show

Nice painting

Like Sol would say " Vermouilleux, Vermouilleux " :D :D

haaf
12-15-2004, 04:29 AM
I'm not a big clown fan, this one looks genuine and not scary
What's going on with the blue and green of the coat is smashing
Caroline ;)

Esmeralinda
12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Hello to all.

I couldn't get through WC site since yesterday AM. Something about the server. I was disappointed, but now I'm back with the beautiful Sunrise and soft shadows around me. I feel much better.

Thank you all very much for your time and comments. You give me self-confidence about my work. I always, painfully, analyze and critique myself. Sometimes I forget it is my passion and I should just have fun.

Mikey, I usually start with the eyes, :) making the subject alive and then I can relate better and create a Personnality.

Gilberte, Oups ! :o I forgot you live closer to France than Canada.

Wayne, Earthbot1, Haaf, Means a lot to me that you like the painting. Thanks :)

Daniel, I can hear you singing, not bad, really ! :music: :music: :music:

WHAT A NICE WAY TO START THE DAY ! THANK YOU ALL ! :wave:

ordie4
12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm not a big clown fan, this one looks genuine and not scary
What's going on with the blue and green of the coat is smashing
Caroline ;)

agree, i'm not overly fond of clowns.
as a painting - this rocks.
the pallette knife technique
really looks nice! great colors too

Michael-Ann
12-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Such warmth and heart in this painting...his face is priceless, and I love his hands, the background radiating his energy is a great touch too...Wonderful wonderful painting!

Esmeralinda
12-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Ordie4 and Michael-Ann;

Wow, what can I say, Thank you thank you and thank you all over again. This encourages me to continue but scares me also because I never know what will come out of the next painting. Ah well ! just be true with myself, right ?

An overwhelmed Linda :)

Artistanne
12-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Linda, he is beautiful...it is obvious Sol has a lot of soul...just lovely

Esmeralinda
12-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Thank you lots and lots Anne. I'm so happy you see his soul.