PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday- 12/14 Show and Tell!

Trishki
12-14-2004, 04:57 AM
These are so "not me" but I love them anyway. Light Turquoise with intense black stringer.

Jacinthe
12-14-2004, 05:16 AM
those are pretty cool beads trishki the colours are fab and that shape is cool is that another new one you are working with?

hugs from holland,
sarah

G&S Lampwork
12-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Trishki - Love the new look, as always!

I had fun making this set. Lots of different Gaffer frits, encased in spectrum waterglass translucents of seablue, pale amber, purple and pale green.

Teri.p
12-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Trish - oh my! those are so slick..... I love 'em too.

Lorraine - happy pretty squeezed beads.

Mind if I bore you with more pillows? I can't help it - I love the shards. These are opal white in light emerald green:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2004/23019-040975.jpg

Teri

nursekatie
12-14-2004, 07:31 AM
TRISH!!!! Girl....you or not....those are incredible!!! I love them!! Very crisp.....great color choice and the shape is awesome!!

Lorraine.....Wonderful colors!!

Teri....I always love seeing your pillows.....green is my favorite color.....they are perfect...so fresh and new!!

First (I don't know if the photo is very good....) I love this lentil, and when I was getting photos...I shipped a little spot by the hole....so I get to keep it :D I never wear my own beads.....so now....I have something very cool to wear of my own!! Then some silvered ivory and pink filagrana.....I am digging on this combo lately!! The next is the same....filagrana in an array of colors over silvered ivory...however I worked it too long and much of the filgrana sunk.......I still like it though!!

KikkiSweden
12-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Wow Patricia! Cool shape!

I love the colours in your beads Lorraine.

I'll never get bored with pillows like that Teri. They are gorgeous.

Katie, what can I say? Stunning! You've given me new hope on making something useful with all the filigrana I have.

Here is a new set from me with palladium leaf, lots of clear and hints of colour. I love this set!

Moonlight Creations
12-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Til Patricia og Kikki ~

God Jul og godt nytt aar!! Hils fra Sonje!

Beads-Me!
12-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Trish - those are cool! Lorraine - great colors! Katie - beautiful as always.. Terri - I'm going to have to get some shards!! :) Very elegant Kikki!

Here's a Christmas lentil set I made with Moretti purple red, trans. dark grass green and silvered ivory stringer.... They're my first lentils believe it or not - I'm a little slow with the new stuff..... :rolleyes: So they're not perfect but I'm getting there....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2004/14950-1111111111111111ChristmasLentils.jpg

edit: Yikes that looks much darker than it did when I tweaked it... :confused:

CorvetteJuliet
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Oh Patricia- Those are really neat! I like that shape!
Lorraine - Intense! Great color combo.
Teri -So softly colored. Nice!
Katie - Awesome! I don't know what I like better, the beads or the photography! :D
Kikki - Pretty nifty! Nice colors together!
Nancy - Lovely! I have a hard time getting that color out of the purple red. Have any tips?

Here's a set I made and etched. Morretti & Lauscha glass.

JavaGirlBT
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
I love everyone's beads today!

Here's mine. Clearest of clear Schott glass with dichroic stringer decoration:

jeffwelsh23462
12-14-2004, 09:49 AM
good tuesday to everyone! here are pics ofsome bracelets and pendants that I made last night! hope everyone has a great day!

Trey
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Wonderful show today everyone!! :clap: Trish- those beads are fantastic! Katie- love your focals!! (Your bracelet is on it's way!) Ellen- Your set looks magical!

I have a focal that I made that I think is really cool.
Thanks for looking!
Traci

Tomsanctuary426
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi there!!!! Great beads everyone. Tom has a few goodies to show this morning.Stay warm.
:) Tom & Karen :)

littlecrow1
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Beautiful Beads Everyone! Trish! Those are sooo cool and Unique! Such detailed stringer work! I love them! The remind me of crop circles! Great Job!

More flowers from me...I wanted to get alot more done last night but there was a mouse in my studio :eek: I hate mice!!! and I dont know how the little nasty bugger got in ( prob from kids leaving garage door open ) but I emediately borrowed the neighbors :cat: ...lol... and sent hubby for one of those ultrasonic things that are supposed to scare mice away. I even kept my feet off the floor while torching...lol Ewwwwwwwwwww Im pretty sure Hunter got the mouse...I heard him scurring with something but I grossed out and left the room...lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198636&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198637&stc=1

Rosie2000
12-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Great work everyone :clap: :clap: Some bullseye strip glass in a matte lavender with some Rosie made frit. Strung with semi-precious stone and some swarvoski for flash. Very soft look. Have a great day :wave:

JoyceMI
12-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I hardley ever make jewelry, but this was a piece I did for my work gift exchange. ...

My boss ended up with it and she loved it. (brownie points for me! :evil: ) When I walked in the door she asked me "you don't happen to have any kind of black beads and silver at home that you can make something for me." She wanted something black to go with an outfit she was going to wear to something. ........ My reply was "hmmm..... I'm not sure, MAYBE!" She says "you've got something black in that bag don't you?" I just kinda grinned. We play the game where you pick a random gift and or you can steal someone elses gift. She got it by 'stealing'. :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2004/24298-black-bracelet3szd2.JPG

SuzyQ
12-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow.
Juliette those colors just pop!
Ellen, I have to tell you, I have a set of aqua lentils I bought from you and they are my inspiration for making perfectly shapped beads. Pure and simple color and shape. You do it so well!
Here are the fun ones I made yesterday. I wasn't very thrilled with how the yellow came out so mustardy and mixed with the black but they are growing on me. The yellow black mixture does look a bit more like a real daisy center.
I'll get over it :)

BeadBraker
12-14-2004, 11:11 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ms.Santana.....you rock girl....and I want that new double pyramid shape too RIGHT NOW!!! I have been a good girl all year :angel: , Santa should give me that tool don't ya think? Love that turquoise set today!

Ellen, how fab! I can picture this set, all etched EXCEPT the dichroic raised stringer. Looks cool as is too!

Katie I love that focal too, and since it is defective, better send it to me right away. :evil:

Teri, I too am addicted by pillow beads, and I never tire of seeing them OR making them. When it is a "good night" I get near perfect mandrel holes that line up nicely. On "bad nights" everything squishes around too much. ya know? I am not sure why pillow beads are so addictive, but I am right there with ya.

Everybody else...I gotta run, so can't keep rambling...but THANK YOU all of you who give me eye candy every day!

Nancy B in IL

taneres
12-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Another super show.....there were too many to remember them all. (How do you all keep track to comment on everybodies? Do you keep two browsers open or is my memory that bad? :wink2: ) Littlecrow, that blue, purple and yellow flower is me! This is definitely one of those moments I wish I could reach out and hold it for awhile. I'd put it back when I was done so everyone else could admire it too!...maybe
Jeff, the 1st pendant is cool....I love the wispy clouds and the shape....is it on eBay....?
Trishki....those look great, even for firsts. Just spot heat the creases a bit more if you don't want them there. Not too hot, but I still think they look wonderful. Way better than my first attempts. You can only resqueeze a blob of glass so many times.
CoretteJulie, Yummy....is that the corina or zoozi tab shape? I am wondering how deep/wide the zoozi one is?

ok, my memory just emptied....i forgot!

Here is some more experiments of mine with hand mixed colors.

taneres
12-14-2004, 11:20 AM
oops...I snagged the wrong picture...............

maureen
12-14-2004, 11:45 AM
wow.....
i havent been around in a while...working to get ready for tucson, and helping to take care of my new grandson!!!!!
here's a pic of him with his mom, and a necklace i threw together in less than ten minutes...very different for me...wasn't too sure about it, but the more i look at it, the more i love it.
maureen

littlecrow1
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Beautiful necklace maureen but that sweet baby gets first prize in this show and tell!! ;) Absolutely adorable!! God Bless Him!

CharleneN
12-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Maureen!! Your grandson is so sweet...the best work of all!!

BeadBraker
12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
A baby!!! I love this S&T!

I love kids so much.....wish Santa would bring me another baby from Ukraine this season....I would even give up that Santana pyramid tool request for that! :)

Babies are wonderful!
Nancy B in IL

rosebead
12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Ellen those beads are fit for a snow queen! How wonderfully simple and elegant!

jeffwelsh23462
12-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Jeff, the 1st pendant is cool....I love the wispy clouds and the shape....is it on eBay....?

yep. it sure is.

CorvetteJuliet
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks SuzyQ! Taneras - I'm using the Zoozii tile tab duo. Send me an IM and I'll try to remember to measure the dimensions of the bead at home tonight. ~Juliet

Kalera
12-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Everybody's eyecandy rocks, but Maureen posted THE best of all! He's adorable! :clap:

Here are a couple of mine from this week:

1. U-96 Lilac with frit
2. U-96 Amazon Green with silver, copper and frit
3. U-96 Medium Blue with frit
4. WHAT'S THIS? A bead without frit??? :wink2: Silvered Moretti ivory with Amber Rose.

SuzyQ
12-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Oh Great Kalera! There you go showing me how gorgeous the amber rose can be, getting me thinking about how nicely it goes with an earthy green, but wait!..... IT ISN'T AVAILABLE..... :D . It is a beautiful set.

koregon
12-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Beautiful work everyone!
well the sun is coming out...no rain, no wind...the auctions are posted...the shipping is done...soooooooo what to do?? take my daughter Christmas shopping for her stepkids...here is mine for the day.....have a wonderful day everyone!....ho ho ho

Ignuss-Fatuus
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Absolutely Gourgeous folks! Javagirl how you didnt burn the begezious out of that stringer I dont know ! lol you did great I always burn the heck out of that stuff! lol and Kalera wow that fritless bead set with amber rose looks like BRONZE! I love it !
karin

AVCKimberly
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Everything is absolutely beautiful!!! I have some cool stuff to put up tomorrow. Shopping called my name today. Thankfully it is all over but batteries!!

AVCKimberly
12-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Beautiful stuff today!!! Here is my submission for the day. Now I am off and back to the torch.