PDA

View Full Version : Female Head

vurban
12-13-2004, 10:31 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-13-2004/943_Study_of_Female_Head.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Female Head
Year Created: 2000
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 9
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Sometimes back I painted 'Study of Female Head' similar to Mickey's. Not sure if I posted it on WC, but here it is again.
vu

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Feel free.

Tamana
12-14-2004, 08:36 AM
The palette is lovely and adds to the contemplative aura of the piece. I like the application very muchly.

Esmeralinda
12-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi,

Very Madonna like. The choice of colours and the shadows are beautiful. I like the way her veil falls back on her head and also the direction of her gaze.

Only one thing; I think the space between her eyes is too large. Just a little.

Very nice painting ! :)

Linda

Gilberte
12-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Very classically inspired. Maybe Linda is right about the eyes. The mouth is well rendered !

earthbot1
12-14-2004, 08:59 AM
I was thinking of Mikey when I saw this...very well done.

Mikey
12-14-2004, 10:32 AM
An exquisite delight to the eyes. I'm not sure about the position of her eyes, but really that isn't going to prevent me from enjoying this piece.

Mikey

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2004, 11:45 AM
The viewer left, lady's right eye, is the one that is causing the distance to be off. The inside corner of the eye should be a vertical with the outside of the nostrel and it's outside of that measure. Too late to correct that short of removing the eye and putting it back in. I think the space between the eyes is equal to the width of an eye.
Where the hair and veil meet there seems to be a shadow line or something missing as it doesn't sit natural.

That said, if I could do this as well I'd be extremely happy with myself. Great job, lovely, harmony, and nice rendering.

vurban
12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
The viewer left, lady's right eye, is the one that is causing the distance to be off. The inside corner of the eye should be a vertical with the outside of the nostrel and it's outside of that measure. Too late to correct that short of removing the eye and putting it back in. I think the space between the eyes is equal to the width of an eye.
Where the hair and veil meet there seems to be a shadow line or something missing as it doesn't sit natural.

That said, if I could do this as well I'd be extremely happy with myself. Great job, lovely, harmony, and nice rendering.

Sorry it took me a litle while to reply but I couldn't access WC. You are right the left eye is out of whack. It should be closer to the nostril. No excuse but it is only a quick sketch. If anything will come out of it I'll keep an eye on the eye!
:evil: