12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Here are some of my latest.
1 Shikantaza 3 x 4 feet Acrylic on panel
2 close-up of Shikantaza
3 Ritual 18 x 24 inches Ball Point ink on paper
4 close-up of Ritual
5 Avmu 3 x 3 feet acrylic on canvas
6 After Hokusai 1 x 2 feet acrylic on canvas

All feedback and comments welcome; let me know what you think. C&C is welcome. Thanks for looking.

Joe Rucker
12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
5 Avmu 3 x 3 feet acrylic on canvas
6 After Hokusai 1 x 2 feet acrylic on canvas

MountainSong
12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL! Sneaky saving the best for last like that and putting them in a separate post!
Really like the movement, energy and colors in the 5th and 6th ones.
The others, if youre interested in MHO, do not the same compositional interest and the balance is not as enticing. Though they do certainly have merit and are enjoyable non-the-less.
Looks like you usually post in the Figure Forum however its great to see your works here in the Ab/Cont. Forum. :D I look forward to more of your work.

Smileawhyl
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
oh Joe, I've thought of your work often. Like microscopic slices of fervent secret worlds

back to taunt with symbols and grins :D

Do you dream these symbols?

and of course, I really like these. I can't add more than my previous blathering about it except to say good to see your work

shinobi
12-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Nice work! Agree with MountainSong on the 5th and 6th ones. Outstanding.
Hokusai, huh? I think he'd approve. :wave:

mame
12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
great work, Joe Rucker.

It's all there.......composition, values, linear elements, rhythm, etc.

I think the minimal-ish two color (dark red on cream) are particularly sophisticated.

Tamana
12-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Good to see you back, Joe. Great color melds & drippings, especially the blue on that last one; it's like a universe of star unfolding.

Joe Rucker
12-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for the supportive feedback. I graduate with a B.A. in Art on Saturday and these pieces are just some of the works that I will be using to apply to the masters program---not sure if Ill get in; wish me luck. Thanks again everyone. :)

muchfoolishness
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
really interesting work
ritual grabs me
lots of interest without relying on a whole world of colour

themanda
12-15-2004, 09:06 PM
if you don't get in then the college is full of blathering idiots. you can tell them i said that. it'll carry a tremendous amount of weight. :D

these are wonderful. love the red and white ones as well.

Joe Rucker
12-16-2004, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=themanda]if you don't get in then the college is full of blathering idiots. you can tell them i said that. it'll carry a tremendous amount of weight. :D
...QUOTE]
Well if I dont get in Ill tell em that loud and clear. :D

debbi_carr
12-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I graduate with a B.A. in Art on Saturday and these pieces are just some of the works that I will be using to apply to the masters program---not sure if I’ll get in; wish me luck. Thanks again everyone. :)

awesome paintings. good luck with the applications process and congratulations on graduating :D