GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Anna - Washday!
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 22 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
There were you expecting to see a young lady bathing and what do you get instead - another Venice painting!!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome - really, I dont mind, rip it to shreds - go on, I know you want to!

Mikey
12-13-2004, 07:22 PM
It seems almost perfect to me Andrew, with a nice unlaboured look. Just one tiny niggle to my mind and that's the way the right hand buildings seem to line up vertically with the canal. I would rather the buidlings tapered off a bit and pushed the perspective of the canal just ever so slightly to the left. A very small matter I'm sure.

Mikey

woodguy
12-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Very well done, Andrew! Texture, mood, perspective and light are all exceptional :clap: Jim Good title selection too :)

Frida200
12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Ha ha ha... I like the title!
And the white clothes... they look really great.
But with the canal being so narrow and the walls being in the shade, wouldn't the clothes at the very sides be in the shade as well? At least for the lower ones?

Out of the Venice paintings of yours that I have seen so far, this is my favourite! (And I do like them all a lot!)

Claudia

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
My, My, aren't you a funny one ! This is a beautiful painting. And I think I know where it is. I spent one week in Venice with my husband in 1985. Moments you never forget...............

I think the mood, composition and perspective is GÉNIAL.

Just one comment; Anna doesn't seem to be part of the "whole". Maybe she just needs to be a little more "grounded" in the canal sort of speak. Do you understand what I mean ? Ohhhhh ! it would be easier in French for me.

Great painting !

Linda :wave:

dornberg
12-13-2004, 11:39 PM
debth togggles with undulating surface

Tamana
12-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Everyday simple made simply beautiful. That water ripples right through the eyes.

Gilberte
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
The right side of the painting (the darker buildings) ...... I'm studying it.
Me too it's my "preferita" of your Venice paintings.

Wayne Gaudon
12-14-2004, 10:10 AM
great coloring .. the yellow blue is charming

artbabe21
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
perfection Andrew!! Clever title...love the textures! :)

haaf
12-15-2004, 05:06 AM
lovely
it sucks you in
Caroline ;)

Rabbit Twilight
12-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Love the composition, the color and the texture. Great painting!

Andrew Rance
12-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Mikey - Thank you - I corrected some verticals in the original ref pic, maybe not quite right :confused:

Jim - Thanks - Respect to you!

Claudia - Yes, you have a point - I invented most of the clothes on that side :wink2:

Linda - Oui, c'est la vie!

Gilberte - Thank you - I enjoyed painting this one more than the others. I love using the paint knives these days, and my brushes are now completely redundant!!

Bobbi/Cathleen - Thank you! Glad you liked it.

I'm going to be 'off air' for a few weeks (spending Christmas and new Year in Florida with my new beau (belle?)). Hope you all have a creative and peaceful Christmas/New Year, and I wish you much power to your brushes/pencils/pens, whatever!

God Bless

Andrew