PDA

View Full Version : came across this...

debbi_carr
12-13-2004, 04:38 PM
i got bored waiting at my show for people to come by during the winter arts festival and decided to visit some of the neighbouring galleries and studios...anyway, i saw this artist at one of the galleries and looked up his stuff on the internet today. i love it and thought i would share...his name is sergio gomez.

[/url] http://www.virtualartist.com/Sergio.html [url]

later.

mame
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
txs for the introduction. Particularly enamored with the Observer Series.

debbi_carr
12-13-2004, 06:01 PM
no problem.
those are among the most simple of the ones there but nonetheless as eloquent as the rest, i think.

ashling
12-14-2004, 07:35 AM
thanks for the looking :)
im besotted with the masks in gallery 3
& the b/w self portrait is very intreeging
cheers :wave:

debbi_carr
12-14-2004, 05:38 PM
im besotted with the masks in gallery 3

me too. :)

Tamana
12-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Why did I know you'd be drawn to the masks? ;)

Did you take pics of your show for us?

debbi_carr
12-15-2004, 11:50 AM
as a matter of fact ma'am, i did! and i posted them last night and came in to school/work this morning to tell you that i put them up at my site....

http://www.deborahcarroll.net/wst_page7.html

debbi_carr
12-15-2004, 12:03 PM
p.s. i sure learned a lot from having this show (even though it was small)...more than i thought i would:

1. The colour of the wall matters (i do not like that the walls were red...i feel like they were competing with the paintings)

2. Lighting matters, and there's no getting around it. place is too dimmly lit and as such i don't think the paintings looked as vibrant as in my studio.

3. Publicity matters. (i got lazy real quick so i slacked on that and no doubt i am paying for it).

4. Being in a gallery matters (or somewhere with the right vibe). I am not sure the vibe of this cafe is right for my paintings...just way too casual...i know i like casual...but not something-that-looks-like-linoleum-floor casual.

5. I am inclined to a block, an actual artist's block, since the start of the show (I'm trying to deal with it by just painting even though i am bombarded by the part of me that keeps saying i am not good enough).

5. It is very depressing when you have 6 people staying in a 2 bedroom apartment that have never met each other before and happen to not really like each other (those were the out of towners that wanted to show their support on both my side and josh's side of the family).

yeah, get over it. i know. i'm trying and i will.

talk to you guys later.

debbi_carr
12-15-2004, 12:11 PM
p.p.s. that's me with my sis, 2 over to the right and 2 down. i have on a blue shirt she has on a white turtle neck.

WeiQi
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Debbi,
1. it's hard to judge from the photos, but seems they're holding pretty well against the red walls.
2. yeah, lighting is a huge pain
5. stop that whining :) immediately, you ARE good, you are VERY good.
6. that's hard, but it was temporary, you should give yourself time to relax now.

debbi_carr
12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
thanks for trying to make me feel better WeiQi. 'preciate it.
:)

MountainSong
12-16-2004, 02:20 AM
Hey! Thanks for the link - most viewable and enjoyable work.
You are good Debi and that was just one show. There are many shows in this world and many TYPES of shows - some are better than others.
Wait till you sell three in a row at a show and then come back here and tell us what that felt like!! :D

debbi_carr
12-16-2004, 12:39 PM
There are many shows in this world and many TYPES of shows - some are better than others.
Wait till you sell three in a row at a show and then come back here and tell us what that felt like!! :D

'kay