PDA

View Full Version : Under The Sea (new Scan)

racin-jason
11-18-2001, 07:38 AM
Hi again all;

Here's an all new and improved repost of Under the Sea. I managed to get a photo of the original 11" X 14" that I couldn't scan in it's entirety. However, this is still only a preliminary/practice render that I usually do prior to tackling a more detailed rendering.

This one is based on my days of swimming underwater and witnessing the wonderful way in which sunlight creates a magical kind of realm all its own, yet dissappears so rapidly after a depth of about 25 feet. Unfortunately, I never got to swim with the Orca's pictured, (maybe just as well) but thought they would make an interesting addition to 'Under the Sea'.

The actual painting this preceeds has far more detail with smaller fish, plant life, a mermaid and rising bubbles. I will post it when it's finished in about ten years...lol.

As always, your comments are most welcome

Jason

Paul Davis
12-27-2001, 12:57 AM
I get a great sense of peace from your painting.
I had the great fortune of swimming with a school of spinner dolphins for over an hour in Hawaii this summer.
I also love the way you captured the almost ethereal lighting under water.
More please!

sassybird
12-28-2001, 12:05 AM
This is a beautiful painting, Jason. I spent a lot of time diving when I lived in Hawaii. It was hard to get me to leave the water.......lol You have really captured that realm in a wonderul way. I would love to be back in the water again, but the closest thing I can get is the reserviour or the river these days.

Leaflin
12-28-2001, 11:49 AM
Beautiful work Jason :)
It has such a soothing feel about it.
Your colours sparkle.