PDA

View Full Version : More Overstock questions

jspatton
12-13-2004, 12:24 PM
I've just listed my first Overstock auction to give it a try, but I have some technical questions about listing on the site.

First, how do I get my Sellathon code into the auction so that it can be tracked? I'm not able to paste into the description window.

Second, I can find any time-saving feature like eBay's "Sell Similar" for listing more than one similar painting without having to type in all the same information twice. And again I have the no pasting in the description window problem, so that won't work.

Any ideas about these two irritations? Thanks!

laurali
12-13-2004, 12:55 PM
In the description window, you can switch to HTML (there are two gray tabs--click the HTML one). You should be able to paste in code then. I don't have sellathon so I don't know if it works on overstock or not.

I keep a template in a text file and start with that for new listings.

Also, you can update your selling profile for your shipping options and payment policy, which saves you retyping that.

Laura

jspatton
12-13-2004, 01:18 PM
OK I tried the HTML tab and did the copy/paste code into the description, but all that shows up is a bunch of HTML gobblety-gook. Why am I so stupid?!?! :confused:

Here's the link to the auction:

My Overstock problem (http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auctions.cgi?PAGE=PRODDET&PRODUCTID=451100)

laurali
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
I looked at both your eBay and overstock auction. It looks to me like you didn't include this line:

<script language="javascript">

at the start of the sellathon code for the overstock one, which is necessary for the chunk to be read as code and not text.

If you try it with that and it does the same thing, it could be that overstock strips out any javascript commands. If other people use sellathon, however, then that can't be the problem.

Laura

tmcclary
12-13-2004, 04:36 PM
You cannot post javascript on Overstock. It is in the FAQ somewhere. Even if you could I do not think Sellathon is set up to work there. There are threads that will answer some of your questions on the overstock message board.

wayfarer
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Be careful listing on Overstock. Several standard HTML tags like '<P> (I put the ' in there so not to confuse the post) are not recognized. Read the boards for more in depth listing advice.

Chris

jspatton
12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Well, I got it straight from the Sellathon horse's mouth. They don't support Overstock auctions, but will let me know if they ever do, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm disappointed b/c Sellathon's data is pretty cool. Oh well.

surreal
12-17-2004, 01:04 AM
I don't use html in my Overstock auction descriptions.

Instead, I copy and paste info from one auction listing into another and make slight changes.

It works for me.
:)