PDA

View Full Version : Corps de femme

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 08:15 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-13-2004/52322_Corps_de_femme.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Corps de femme
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: good
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Playing with colour and knives. Daniel, see no head again.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything ! Composition, colour ???

Tamana
12-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Um! Beautifully soft and delicate movement. I particularly like the palette and the highlights of color on the skin - especially that green playing off the orange on the nipple & breast which provides a subtle energy that immediately (though not overt or brazenly) draws the mind to it. I think the beauty of a woman's breasts lie not just in the asthetics but beyond, to a life-sustaining, nurturing and comforting role.

I think you've captured that beauty remarkably here for just "playing", Linda. Really like that life-essence of a woman highlighted around the womb with that subtle lavender as well...

Mikey
12-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Linda, I'm not going to find more words than Tam, and do not feel myself able to offer a critique.

Mikey

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Thank you so very much guys ! Really beautiful words that gives me such a boost.

Linda :wave:

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2004, 01:15 PM
I looked at this and thought the body exquisite but the blue .. Yuk .. way too intesne.
I came back later and looked again .. body exquisite .. blue, too intense but not so bad.
I came back again .. body exquisite , blue Ok
I came back again, body exquisite , Blue definately works. What happened? I stopped looking for things the way I would paint them and looked at it as I would if someone opened a window and there it was.
:clap:

PS .. as for your question regarding your greying I see you greyed the one color but not the second. It would be better to grey both shades. Not necessarily to a grey color but just enough to take the intensity level down a notch or two so the intensity of both blues would be of equal value. I am talking intensity, not value.

later,

Gilberte
12-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Corps de femme is a beautiful painting, a different translation in colors and contrasts ... the purple gives an extra dimension to the body.
I think it's great ... sorry, no critique.

katelynalain
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
wow. i really like this one. you have done a fantastique job during play time!! there is something exquisite (sp?) about that small patch of pink skin tone on her belly with the rest of it as it is. beautiful. my apologies for no crit. a solid work IMO.

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Hello everybody !
Again many thanks to all. You know I guess when you paint something you like and feel good about, it shows. I can't always paint that way. It depends on my mood and subject. I guess we all do the same. I'll show you what I mean soon with different subjects. Hope you will get a chance to comment and critique.

I feel that I learnt to run before I learnt to walk. I'm mostly self-thaugth exept for a few sessions with professional artists. Just to say that this site is teaching me : value, composition, tricks, techniques. It's just great ! I love to learn and paint.

An enthousiastic Linda :clap:

Dhuot
12-13-2004, 11:45 PM
OH Linda !! No head :crying:

HA HA HA

Well, this is a very nice " piece " again !!

Not far from where your place, in Ottawa, you should see this painting at the NGA, by Gwen john. She painted in a way that seems to be painted on concrete, just like this work.

Nice

btw, Are you gonna paint " visage " soon ??

Daniel

http://cybermuse.gallery.ca/cybermuse/search/artwork_zoom_e.jsp?mkey=2392

Esmeralinda
12-14-2004, 07:49 AM
Bonjour Daniel, :wave:

It's just that my models are members of a "Secret Mission" and do not want to be recognized ! LOL

Hummm, Gwen John, I will check it out for sure. I love texture.

Thank you for your nice comment.

BTW, Santa will be pleased to know that it is officially winter here. Got @10cm. of snow yesterday. Féérique ! :clap: