PDA

View Full Version : Monday Show and Tell

CorriDawn
12-13-2004, 01:08 AM
I know, I am cheating, but it is Monday somewhere!!!

I was too intimidated to post with all the wonderful work in the other thread.

I have a cat made out of transparent red and coral
a few beads I made for my sister out of powder pink, raku, and rubino
and a bead with a base of orange ans raku flowers.

Teri.p
12-13-2004, 01:45 AM
What an adorable cat!

More work with shards:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/23019-040964b.JPG

Teri

theonlyduda
12-13-2004, 01:57 AM
What a nice start for todays show and tell!! HAPPY MONDAY to all!! :D I finally made a holiday set...

beachbeads
12-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Nice bright colors for today show, it's still Sunday here...but we like to cheat!

Briatha
12-13-2004, 03:26 AM
CorriDawn your kitty is delightful!

Teri mouthwatering colors in your shard set!

Dawn I love the vivid colors in your holiday set!

Sheila stunning set!

nursekatie
12-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Corrie Dawn...the kitty is adorable and I love the color combo!! I also am digging on the color combo of your beads!!!

Teri....I love that shape and the glass....wowzers...so soft and pretty!!!

Duda....I love to see sets like that....so much patience!! They are awesome!

Sheila....Very organic.....I love the metalic appearance!! Very nice!!

I bought from Catt in the swap shop.....zoozii's LARGE lentil......I am so in love with it!!! I can't stop making LARGE lentils.....I only have two to show today......but I took 6 out of my kiln this morning :eek:

The first one is incredible...and I am working on getting my photos better....base of Ivory....a strip of silver foil...on top of that is a filagrana of turquoise....the......raku stringer.......and.....hmmm....I think some silvered ivory too.....it just came together so nicely!!

PyroAaron
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Woohoo! School is cancelled today due to bad weather!
Corri-That little dude is awesome! Those raku flowers are really nice looking!

Teri-Those beads are really nice! Those glass shards sure do make an awesome bead!

Dawn-Awesome Beads!!!! I like those colors! I really like the swirly one!

Sheila-Awesome!!!! That focal bead is super! That metalic luster is really cool!

Kaite-Geez lady, you need to lay off the silver! JUST KIDDING! Your beads are always so cool! Those lentils are to crazy cool! I really like all that silver! You Rock!

And now for mine. They are all boro.

Rosie2000
12-13-2004, 10:07 AM
I love everyone's work. It never ceases to amaze me at the diversity. So many beads, no many beadmakers but each with their own style and inner signature. Great work everyone :clap: :clap:

We have a NEWS FLASH from Gotham City.......beep....beep....beep...beep...

Wild Woman snags Batman's Heart.....More to come as soon as our reporter arrives at the scene :D :D Designed to be worn on either side as the mood swings.....I have it on the bead board ready to finish today into a Batman Necklace. :evil:

jeffwelsh23462
12-13-2004, 10:13 AM
here's some pieces i made over the weekend! have a nice monday.

dogmaw
12-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Corrie, I think we can forgive you for starting early, especially when you post such a cute little kitty. Here is one of my fused pieces. It actually used to be a cat bead that DH tried to make, only the tail and a leg broke off, so it got fused. :) It is about 1" in diameter.

Jo

taneres
12-13-2004, 10:38 AM
I sure wish I wasn't on dial-up so I could stop by the S&T thread more often. It is always amazing. :clap: I just love seeing everybody's amazing work.

Teri - those look like opalino.....very nice.
Aaron - I really like that last one.

There is not much color from this Raku, but this is what I was going for. Good winter colors.

Serena

Beads-Me!
12-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Aaron's back in S&T? Whoo-hoo! Beautiful as always darlin'! And Katie - I love that second lentil best of all... Serena - I always love your beads! Nice work everyone!

I have finally gotten on the lentil bandwagon. I've had my Tapcraft lentil maker for quite awhile but just never spent enough time playing with it to get the right amount of glass. Last week I got it! :rolleyes: So here are my first lentils in a necklace I put together over the weekend.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/14950-1111111111111111AmethystLentilNecklace.jpg

skgdesigns
12-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents
I wonder if you could help me.
My scanner hates anything that has dichroic or ab finishes to a
piece of beadwork.
Has anyone got any tips that may help me.
I have attached a scan of one of my beaded collars
as you can see it does not come out too well.

I thought as you all work with glass, you would be the best
craftsmen/women to ask
Blessings Sandra

I did manage to get a lighter scan done, but considering these are
glowing coppers gold browns and teal green they just get lost.
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/medicinebag/index.html

LesPerlesąKathy
12-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Woohoo! School is cancelled today due to bad weather!

Lucky you! I had to go to school today :rolleyes:. I sometimes wish the weather was worse here in France :evil:.

skgdesigns
12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh lord Jef
Those dragons are to die for, I now know where any xmas money
will be going, I can just see my next piece of freeform peyote
with a dragon as the centerpiece.

Now going to drool over the keyboard, lol.
Blessings Sandra
http://www.angelfire.com/on/cook47stour/page1.index.html

Rac
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
SKG Designs, Put the picture into Photoshop, run Auto Levels and then Brightness /Contrast. Change Brightness to 40 and Contrast to 50. It will be more what you wanted. Carolyn

CalmWaterStudio
12-13-2004, 02:23 PM
What a great way to start the week!

CorriDawn - CUTE kitty! I like your color choices.

Teri - I love those soft colors... really pretty beads!

Dawn - Your work always makes me feel energized... I love how your work is always cheerful. They're very nice!

BeachBeads - Very nice set.. I like the earthy feel to your set.

Katie - You're still doin' it, aren't you?? Getting more and more awesome!

Aaron - I love your colors... you have a great style!!

Rosie - That's a very cool pendant.. and I LOVE your mood swing idea. It would be flip-flopping all day long if I were wearing it!!

Jeff - You gotta quit making those nice bracelets. I'm wanting more of them anyway... then I see this??

Jo - I like your 'cat.' I wish I would have thought to fuse broken ones.. that's a very cool bead.

Serena - Wonderful, deep, rich colors.... very nice sets!!

Nancy - That's one more beautiful set... just wonderful!!

SKG - WOW. I cannot imagine trying to do something like that.. they are just awesome!

Here is a kitty and a set I did last night.. my photography stinks lately...

Onalee
12-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Gee Sandra, those collars are stunning. I think dichro is hard to photgraph too but we all can tell how beautiful they must be in person. Did you try taking them out in the shade on a sunny day. Sometimes that brings out the color. Anyway I'm impressed with your work. Onalee

CorvetteJuliet
12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Wonderful beads and jewelry! Here's something I made yesterday. I call it FireStorm. ~Juliet

JavaGirlBT
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
I had to play, too.

The collars are gorgeous, by the way.

littlecrow1
12-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh my goodness!!!! Gorgeous beads and Killer finished work!!!!!!! :eek: :clap: I wont even show my little necklace I put together this weekend..not after those two! :eek: Wow Absolutely Beautiful!!

Fresh from the kiln... * edit * forgot the tell part... rubino and trans lav *
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198362&stc=1

Iona
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Very nice show& tell. Aaron, I love those colors in the large bead photo. Is this a mixture of several boro colors? And Jeff the patterned dicro pracelet flips my bic. Iona

Tink
12-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Wow! So many nice things today, per normal! Katie, those are STUNNING! Jeff, weren't you going to send me that first bracelet for Christmas? ;) And Sandra!!!!!!!!!!!! Magnificent beadwork!!! I love it!

Only two vessels from me again today. First up, a flame vessel. I loved the little closeup of one of the flames on the handle, so I thought I'd include it here. :D

And then, because I totally HATE winter, a nice Woodland Arbor vessel.

I'm experimenting with my lighting for photos to see if I can get better images of my transparent vessels. It's a challenge, I can tell ya!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/10179-handleflame.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/10179-1213flame.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Dec-2004/10179-woodlandarbor.jpg

Josie
12-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents
I wonder if you could help me.
My scanner hates anything that has dichroic or ab finishes to a
piece of beadwork.
Has anyone got any tips that may help me.
I have attached a scan of one of my beaded collars
as you can see it does not come out too well.

I thought as you all work with glass, you would be the best
craftsmen/women to ask
Blessings Sandra

I did manage to get a lighter scan done, but considering these are
glowing coppers gold browns and teal green they just get lost.

WOW! Those are incredible! Beautiful work!
Tracey

skgdesigns
12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi Ladies/Gents
Thanks for the tips, and the kind remarks on my work,
Just remember without you glass workers, our beading
lives would be a lot duller.

It was really bugging me not being able to show the depth and
colours in the dichroic glass cabs,
The other cab is titanium coated crystal, and almost impossible
for my scanner to cope with.It just cant seem to cope with things
that glitter.

I have to admit I dont have photoshop, but after xmas will
certainly invest in it, my poor old puter came with the Ark, lol

It is most frustrating to work on a piece of beadwork, and then not
be able to scan it as it really is.
I suppose its about time I bought a digital camera, and took
shots of the collars.
Blessings to all ,Sandra
in the uk, where its not exactly warm, lol.

SuzyQ
12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Tink you're killing me!!! Everytime I go to your site to buy vessels they are already reserved! How is a woman suppose to spend her money?

Tink
12-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Tink you're killing me!!! Everytime I go to your site to buy vessels they are already reserved! How is a woman suppose to spend her money?

LOL! I do have a pretty darn devoted and tenacious bunch of customers, don't I? I am SOOOOOO grateful for that! Can you guys just IMAGINE the Tinkster in pantyhose working at an office???????????????????

The mind boggles. :D

Suz01
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
I was just glad that the 'weird' hours you say you keep seemed to match up nicely with our time over hear - that way i was able to get my hands on a Tink vessel!!! That woodland one is awfully tempting, but my husband would kill me....now, what I would love is a Rent-a-Tink for my birthday, I will have to start hinting :evil:

Suzanne

Tink
12-13-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL! I'm done with doing that, I think. The Rent a Tink thing, I mean. Too bad you're not in the market for a flame vessel. LOL! *hint hint*

rosebead
12-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Tink that Woodland vessel is so freakin beautiful I let out a gasp when i saw it & scared my dogs!

Tink
12-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Thank you, Diane :p I have a bunch of ideas for this kind of vessel. It's also been suggested to be that I should do The Elements: Fire, Water, Air and Earth. I also want to do one that graduates from Earth at the bottom, with fire and water in the middle and air (with wings, of course) at the top.

I had a lot of fun making it. I think that, on some level, I was inspired by Barb's wonderful Quatre Saisons (I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly. Sorry, Barb). I found myself thinking of her glorious work as I was cleaning this vessel.

Kalera
12-13-2004, 11:37 PM
OMG, there is so much absolutely gorgeous work in today's S&T that I can't begin to comment on all of it... it's making me ache a little from the beauty. (Do you guys get that feeling too?)