PDA

View Full Version : Manslaughter

jaymarvin
12-12-2004, 09:45 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-12-2004/9437_manslaughter.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Manslaughter
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Gouache
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This gouache on watercolor paper.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments are welcome. I wonder if the grey at the top towards the left is too wide open?

Dhuot
12-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Stop the madness !!!!!!!

Wow, this is saying a lot....maybe " Stop the madness !!!! "

For me, this work is quite complete as is. I didn`t see the top-grey your concerned with before you told us. I wouldn`t touch it more.

I like this painting. It`s got something to say, and I feel that not a lot of people would want to " critic " this constitution right !!!!!

Maybe I`m wrong....But I`m going for peace.

YEAH.....who could be against it ey ???

D

woodguy
12-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Haven't seen your work for awhile, Jay. Strong and powerful, somehow made me think of parrots and "Things To Do In Denver..." :wink2: Jim

chelista
12-13-2004, 05:24 AM
Nice one. This reminds me of an ink doodle by Yves Klein, I think. Are you a Lester Young fan? - Guy

jaymarvin
12-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words. I love Lester Young, and Things To Do Denver is one of my favorite movies. :wave: :wave:

Tamana
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Your Love is evident in your work (even with such a nature as this subject matter) - which is ALWAYS a wonderful thing. :)

Glad to see you back and continuing to truck on, Jay.

jaymarvin
12-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Your Love is evident in your work (even with such a nature as this subject matter) - which is ALWAYS a wonderful thing. :)

Glad to see you back and continuing to truck on, Jay.

Thanks, Tam. You're the best! :clap: