PDA

View Full Version : Rythme de femme (Woman's Rhythm)

Esmeralinda
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-12-2004/52322_Rythme_de_femme.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Rythme de femme (Woman's Rhythm)
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 40X20
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I love and enjoy painting the human body. I wanted to create rhythm and sensuality in this piece. Form and different colours to obtain feeling and texture. Painted with knives. Colours are a little darker than in reality.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments are welcome. What do you feel and think of this painting ???

Dhuot
12-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Linda, did you like the snow we had ???

WOOOOOOO :clap:

This painting is quite nice. You have used a blue like I wish I could use it. compliment . :)

The body looks long, maybe it`s the raised arms !!?? I would have like to have a peek at her head .

C`est très beau. The paint application is " des mieux réussi "

Daniel

Esmeralinda
12-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Linda, did you like the snow we had ???

WOOOOOOO :clap:

This painting is quite nice. You have used a blue like I wish I could use it. compliment . :)

The body looks long, maybe it`s the raised arms !!?? I would have like to have a peek at her head .

C`est très beau. The paint application is " des mieux réussi "

Daniel

Salut Daniel, :wave:

Where I live, not much snow yet but rain and ice. Should come soon though!

I've noticed lately that my nude paintings have no heads. Wonder why ? Maybe I just put more importance on the body. Why a peek ? do you think you know her ? hi hi hi.

Thanks for your nice comments. I appreciate.

Linda

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Hello Linda ..

I like the composition and the choice of color. The application of color seems muddy on the top half but that could be due to glare .. I really like the blue but would have used it more sparingly in it's brightest. Example. The piece of blue that caresses her left cheek is very well placed and the intensity and color really work to push the butt to attention, but you then use that same color in about 5 other places and that really lessens the effect of the overall painting.
If you were to mute the blues on the viewer left (add a little orange to the blue to deaden it's intensity, the blue on the viewer right would sing even more. Add a littel orange/yellow as a butt highlite and volia. As this is a butt picture, that would center the attention on the but.

BTW .. did I tell you that I like, cause I do.

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi Wayne,

I see what you mean about the blue and the center of attention. I'll correct that today. Lately I've been greying (does this word exist) more. Does make a difference.
Sometimes, I find my paintings too busy. I don't always know when to stop. But I'm learning and all this great advice is wonderful.

BTW, thank you very much ! :wave:

Wayne Gaudon
12-13-2004, 08:11 AM
You're welcome .. sometimes it's best to take the lesson learned to the next piece .. I ruined so many pieces trying to fix them and some of them I didn't like as well after the fix as I did before. Hi Hi .. rememeber, critiques can help but they are only opinions and you can't please everyone. Some I fix, some I don't, but most importantly, I have come to realize that I don't have to fix everything.

later,

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Ya, I know ! but I really want to please me which I find difficult, being so critical of myself (personality !).
If you have time, check out "Corps de Femme" that I just posted. Do you see the same thing as for greying or anything else ?

Merci beaucoup :)

Tamana
12-13-2004, 08:27 AM
I'll wait for the new photo before I say anything other than what a striking pose this is. The essence of beauty bared as is to the world.

Really like your stuff, Linda. Love how you portray the essence of women.

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
I'll wait for the new photo before I say anything other than what a striking pose this is. The essence of beauty bared as is to the world.

Really like your stuff, Linda. Love how you portray the essence of women.

And I love the way you use words......... Thanks Tamana.

Mikey
12-13-2004, 08:46 AM
You have achieved your objective for me Linda. What does surprise me is that women always seem to do this best.

Mikey

earthbot1
12-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Nice work! The form is worth a lifetime of study. The color and paint application are very rich.

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 09:04 AM
You have achieved your objective for me Linda. What does surprise me is that women always seem to do this best.

Mikey

Thank you Mikey. I guess being a woman, it is easier to feel the curves and all. I've been trying to paint male nudes but I always make a mess. They look more like women or much too Goddish ! Doesn't stop me from trying though.

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Nice work! The form is worth a lifetime of study. The color and paint application are very rich.

Thank you Earthbot1, for those nice comments. Really appreciate it.

Andrew Rance
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I like the use of the knife for this painting - the variety of tone and colour is a hallmark of this kind of painting technique, but not often applied to figurative work I think. I see Waynes point about the blue. I find the left side of the torso - the hip - a little indistinct (compered to the right side) and in need of a bit more definition. It would be interesting to see another image witht the contrast upped a bit.

katelynalain
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
she has an aura like an icy fire. your paint application is great. i can feel the texture. there are some well thought out forms here too. her shoalders are like wings. i agree with wayne about the blue but overall this works very well.

Gilberte
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Me, I like the blue, it sways with the body.
You're doing well with nudes Linda, so well ........ figure is hard I think !

Esmeralinda
12-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Thank you all so very much for your time and comments. I consider each and every one of them deeply. It really helps. This site is just great ! Too bad, I did not have time to write a few words of farewell to the creator before the posting was closed.

Linda :cat: